Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post

IMO they did the right thing taking Chase, no matter how Haskins plays out
    As long a she's there they won't be in a position to nab a better QB but yet won't win anything significant. Since when are DEs more important then QBs?
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

As long a she's there they won't be in a position to nab a better QB but yet won't win anything significant. Since when are DEs more important then QBs?
      They aren't, but the GOAT de prospect is the pick if you're not certain about the QBs ... don't want Haskins part 2. I bet they would've taken Burrow. As is, they have Chase the elite elite DE and probably get a QB next year in the draft
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

They aren't, but the GOAT de prospect is the pick if you're not certain about the QBs ... don't want Haskins part 2. I bet they would've taken Burrow. As is, they have Chase the elite elite DE and probably get a QB next year in the draft
        Who is the 4th rated QB? You think these guys fall off trucks or something? That's a terrible way to run a football team. ARZ and MIA did the right things with going for true franchise QBs. Even if they just got one. WAS will be trash for Chase's career. Well, at least he will get them 16 sacks a year for their 10+ losses a year. Tua and Hebert are better then Haskins and what ever 4 th rated QB they get this year.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Eh, look at the "elite" QBs in the league. Most of them are the 3rd or 4th guy drafted. The team around you matters, especially in your development.

Comment

Who is the 4th rated QB? You think these guys fall off trucks or something? That's a terrible way to run a football team. ARZ and MIA did the right things with going for true franchise QBs. Even if they just got one. WAS will be trash for Chase's career. Well, at least he will get them 16 sacks a year for their 10+ losses a year. Tua and Hebert are better then Haskins and what ever 4 th rated QB they get this year.
            You don't know anything. The sure thing was Chase Young. The QB had questions. If they loved one THEY WOULD'VE TAKEN HIM. They can get a QB they don't love anytime

Comment

You don't know anything. The sure thing was Chase Young. The QB had questions. If they loved one THEY WOULD'VE TAKEN HIM. They can get a QB they don't love anytime
              I know everything. Very, very much everything. Tua would have been the greatest pick ever for them. This Chase guy? not so much. <In a Trump voice> Lol

But seriously, how do you know, THEY WOULD'VE TAKEN HIM? They may be just as dumb (the evidence is pretty huge on that side) as the Lions. They did manage to lose more games AFTER beating them. WAS = smart is something you will have to dig deep to find anyone saying that.

Comment

• I'd argue is nearly as hard to get a beast DE that can get the other teams Franchise QB as it is getting your own Franchise QB. Those guys don't grow on trees either - especially in today's game with the move to undersized rush LB's over traditional DE's at the college ranks. When you see a Bosa or a Young and run a primary 4-3, you pretty much have to grab them because it's more likely than not they are the only one in the draft that year.

Comment

I know everything. Very, very much everything. Tua would have been the greatest pick ever for them. This Chase guy? not so much. <In a Trump voice> Lol

But seriously, how do you know, THEY WOULD'VE TAKEN HIM? They may be just as dumb (the evidence is pretty huge on that side) as the Lions. They did manage to lose more games AFTER beating them. WAS = smart is something you will have to dig deep to find anyone saying that.
                  Ok fair enough. My assumption is that they had many questions about Tua (injuries and who knows) and Herbert (lots of teams did) ... so they took the GOAT de prospect

Comment

• The Lions made them think they had something in Haskins

Comment

Ok fair enough. My assumption is that they had many questions about Tua (injuries and who knows) and Herbert (lots of teams did) ... so they took the GOAT de prospect
                      He's not the GOAT. Stop it

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                        The Lions made them think they had something in Haskins
                        Great point. IF the Lions do to him last year what they did to Murray last Sunday they may have changed their own fortunes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                          I'd argue is nearly as hard to get a beast DE that can get the other teams Franchise QB as it is getting your own Franchise QB. Those guys don't grow on trees either - especially in today's game with the move to undersized rush LB's over traditional DE's at the college ranks. When you see a Bosa or a Young and run a primary 4-3, you pretty much have to grab them because it's more likely than not they are the only one in the draft that year.
                          Yeah sure. They have 3 of them over there so it's worked out so well. Losers gonna lose.

Comment

• Steelers Titans postponed.

Comment

• FS I'll give u this ... if the WFT did think really highly of Herbert/Tua (all things considered) ... then yeah, they're dumb

Comment

• Greedy bawstards

Report: Steelers-Titans to be nationally televised

Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2020, 9:36 PM EDT

Getty Images

The postponement of Sunday’s Steelers-Titans has created a challenge for the NFL. It also will create another national TV window.

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reports that the game between Pittsburgh and Tennessee, which originally was lumped within the 1:00 p.m. ET cluster of Sunday games, will be nationally televised in its new time slot, whenever that may be.

If the game moves to Monday, it’s expected to start at 5:00 p.m. ET, setting up an unprecedented non-Week One doubleheader, with Steelers-Titans on CBS preceding Falcons-Packers on ESPN. If the game moves to Tuesday, it will be played at 6:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. ET.

Marchand notes that CBS prefers that the game start at 7:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, in order to avoid a conflict with national programming like the CBS evening news, and the late-afternoon local news broadcasts for its various affiliates.

However it plays out, the Steelers-Titans game not only will be getting a new day and time but a larger footprint. In turn, it will draw larger ratings. And that makes the mini-outbreak in Tennessee ultimately a good thing for the NFL and for CBS.

Comment

Working...
                                X