NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess it could just be a lack of instincts with Gary
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane. Thought that was said about Gary here.

IDK... Gary first needs to avoid injuries. He gets injured too often.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Looks like Tarzan, but plays like Jane. Thought that was said about Gary here.

IDK... Gary first needs to avoid injuries. He gets injured too often.
        That was I. Knew a lot of guys like that. Looked great in a uniform. But hit like the Staypuff man.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• We dodged that bullet
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I like Gary because he’s a Wolverine but I couldn’t be happier that he’s busting out in GB.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm thinking Gary will figure it out to a degree. It sounds like he takes it seriously, and there's too much in terms of rare tools at an impact position factor for him to completely bust ... if he actually does care. There are too many ways to use a guy like that where he doesn't even have to produce stats to be effective

Might never be the star he should be tho

Comment

• Way too early to suggest Gary or any 1st Rd pick from 2019 is a bust. Gary's rookie season was a struggle like our 2019 1st Rd pick HOCK.
                From what I have read, GB reporters are saying positive things about Gary in training camp. 1st team reps + looking good in workouts.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Is it likely there will be no fans at Ford Field in 2020?

Some teams are allowing 20k fans which seems to be an unfair advantage if we aren’t allowed any. I think they’re having some in Green Bay potentially.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                    Is it likely there will be no fans at Ford Field in 2020?

Some teams are allowing 20k fans which seems to be an unfair advantage if we aren’t allowed any. I think they’re having some in Green Bay potentially.
                    Tough to say, really. If GB comes to Detroit and the Lions are used to playing without fans ... could be to their advantage. All teams have played with fans before, so I don't see a big deal. I guess cheers can help tho so whatever

There's probably not gonna be a problem as far as crowds being too loud this year

Comment

• The second game is in GB where they will not have any fans. The team announced that a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• Do you think the quality of play will suffer in September with the reduced practice time etc?

Comment

• Not sure how the quality of play can get much worse, honestly.

Comment

• No sideline reporters, pregame TV reporters in 2020

Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2020, 7:12 PM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL sideline will indeed look very different in 2020.

The game-day protocol for pro football in a pandemic does indeed prohibits cheerleaders and mascots. It also prohibits all sideline reporters, including TV network, national radio, and team flagship radio. Pregame TV reporters also are prohibited from the sidelines.

It’s not a surprise, but it’s further confirmation of how different things will be this season for the NFL.

Ultimately, the fans won’t care all that much, as long as the games are played. These measures are aimed at ensuring this happens by reducing the potential opportunities for someone bringing the virus to the field of play.

Comment

• No cheerleaders or mascots on the field in 2020

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 19, 2020, 1:59 PM EDT

Getty Images

Since there may not be any fans in the stands who need distracting, the NFL is eliminating one more distraction from the game day experience.

According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, updated protocols agreed to by the NFL and NFLPA don’t allow cheerleaders or mascots on the field.

As issues go, this is not a significant one, though it does underscore how unusual the environment’s going to be this year if and when games are played.

The rule may also prevent any accidental plays made by sideline personnel, such as the time Panthers mascot Sir Purr downed a live ball in the end zone against the Steelers in 1996.

Comment

• ROGER GOODELLCOM, NFL

The NFL is considering allowing teams to pump crowd noise into stadiums, which will be empty or have severely reduced capacity.

Some teams are way ahead of the league on fake crowd noise. Simulating a packed stadium could provide some semblance of a home field advantage even without fans in the stands. It would certainly make the games feel less post-apocalyptic.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
                                Aug 19, 2020, 12:37 PM

Comment

Working...
                                X