No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish him well. Bit I don't regret not drafting Carter.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
      Swift was an awesome RB. No doubt about it game changer but dude was ALWAYS banged up. At the position it’s par for the course but he couldn’t make it 2-3 games

I was leading the witch-hunt against Carter. We’ll have to see what DT we draft next year as that will undoubtedly be the top pick if it’s not CB. This team has no other holes.

The Lions did what was best to win now and maybe they were right giving Ben Johnson what he needed as he won’t be here much longer too
      I don't disagree with any of this. I was definitely turned off by Carter as well but I don't have the time or resources to do the due diligence on him.

I think that the same amount of weight is given to the Carolina game as is given to the 8-of-10 finish. And for good reason. I stopped watching the Carolina game, I'll admit it. There's often one game a year I just stop watching and that was it. It was reminiscent of that MNF game at SF (1996 or 1997) where they just kept running it over and over and we couldn't stop them whatsoever. I know that for the Carolina game the field was blamed a lot and also the secondary wasn't all in on tackling. I believe that game was the end for Okudah. I don't know how that issue was solved as even if the secondary is making their tackles, who cares, you have to stop the bleeding in the trenches. Drafting a project DT in the 3rd doesn't fix it. Jack Campbell will be a good first line of defense after the line but I'm not seeing how the line itself has been improved.
      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• It’s a fair question and something to be mindful of during the regular season. Giants had success with their run offense against the Lions defense in joint practice, right?

DT has a chance to be a little better than 2022, which still isn’t ideal. Alim McNeill possibly ascending. Buggs about the same, but on fewer snap count. The expectations of Martin shouldn’t be high for a rookie late 3rd RD pick. If he gives flashy backup rotational snaps, it’s a win. Then perhaps DT4 in B Jones or Onwuzurike can help with the workload. Cominsky and ascending Paschal rotating inside on passing downs.
        The edge and LB depth seems to be in a much better place though. Players back from injury, draft resources, and young players expected to ascend.

There was a large section of Lions fans that wanted Jalen Carter a few months ago. Again, won’t be a surprise if he’s a force in the NFL if the off-field stuff doesn’t get to him.​ Oh well, now I’m rooting for Gibbs and LaPorta given that draft trade with pick #6.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I was one of those that was driving the bus for Carter and Bijan. But given the way the draft played out I can't give any hate on it. Philly is probably the best landing spot Carter could have.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
            Trey Lance might go down as one of the worst trades in recent history.

3 firsts for that.
            What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Hmm, keep Swift and grab the BPA at the biggest position of need -OR- get a midround draftpick in the year 2085 when terminators are roaming the streets and replace Swift with a guy who doesn't play a position.
              Yah mon! That must be some good ganja you smokin'.
              Last edited by edindetroit; August 16, 2023, 02:49 PM.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Yah mon! That must be some good ganja you smokin'.
                I don't smoke. I've been doing gummies every Saturday night with the Iron Lioness for a while now and it's become our little thing. Going to be hung over for nearly every game this season.

Comment

• Gotta talk her into adjusting the schedule during football season to sundays to make wins even better and losses easier lol

Comment

• Well that explains alot.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                      Gotta talk her into adjusting the schedule during football season to sundays to make wins even better and losses easier lol
                      Lol well for right now Saturday is her "Friday" so it works for her. As for me, I'm a math tutor and I tend to get Saturday morning/afternoon students but not so many requests on Saturday night obviously. And then of course idiot kids panicking on Sunday nights when suddenly they realize stuff is due in the morning (because they had no way of knowing this for over 48 hours). And by this time the gummies are worn off enough for me to be able to do math.

When we move to Texas the +2 hours will help better align me with my students as most are on Eastern time. Just remains to be seen what Iron Lioness's schedule will be when she gets a new job.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                        Well that explains alot.
                        ^_^

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
                          Well that explains alot.
                          lol
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Lol well for right now Saturday is her "Friday" so it works for her. As for me, I'm a math tutor and I tend to get Saturday morning/afternoon students but not so many requests on Saturday night obviously. And then of course idiot kids panicking on Sunday nights when suddenly they realize stuff is due in the morning (because they had no way of knowing this for over 48 hours). And by this time the gummies are worn off enough for me to be able to do math.
                            I remember one time I smoked a joint and then got the brilliant idea to do some math homework. Yeah, nope that isn't going to work. I abandoned that idea pretty quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

I remember one time I smoked a joint and then got the brilliant idea to do some math homework. Yeah, nope that isn't going to work. I abandoned that idea pretty quick.
                              I do have some crazy shit go through my head.

In 2016 I went to the theater to watch Revenant, the film where DiCaprio finally won his acting award despite hardly speaking in the role. I'd lost my phone and kept thinking about that the whole movie, hoping I'd find it in my car after the movie. No luck.

Well, a couple weeks ago while stoned I got super paranoid that whoever found my phone had also discerned my passwords to everything and had been waiting for nearly a decade to let my accounts grow and then steal everything. I kept saying, "I need to change my passwords."

Comment

• lol. That’s hilarious
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X