NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
    NFC South division winner might have a losing record again in 2023. I was thinking it’s the Saints for the taking. However, they’ve apparently lost a crap ton of players in free agency.

If Desmond Ridder is any good or competent… maybe the Falcons? The Panthers probably have the best roster, but will be starting a rookie QB. (Though, the 1st overall pick).

Bucs would be my last pick at this point. That’s easy.
    Careful.

The same was being said about the NFC East last year and they had one of the best divisions in the league. Using prior year(s) is not the best way to forecast future events, teamwise. To much going on around the league to guess it. AND no team is what it was the prior year.

Right now, there is a lot of change that will occur before the pads go on so impossible to guess.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Yeah I don’t know Future. The NFC South is pretty terrible right now
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• The next Terribad division could be the NFC north. Vikings haven't lost the most ever. But it's been pretty not good so far and for a team with their record they really weren't a strong team last year. Bears will still be lining up with Fields under center (I personally don't see him developing that much). Rodgers is almost certainly gone. And while the Lions outlook looks good. This is the Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
          Careful.

The same was being said about the NFC East last year and they had one of the best divisions in the league. Using prior year(s) is not the best way to forecast future events, teamwise. To much going on around the league to guess it. AND no team is what it was the prior year.

Right now, there is a lot of change that will occur before the pads go on so impossible to guess.
          The Giants certainly surprised me.

It’s true how the NFL can be highly unpredictable. No denying that. It would still surprise me with the NFC South. Three teams with QB questions. Then you have middling Derek Carr combined with a depleted Saints roster and arguably the worst HC in the NFL in Dennis Allen.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oh, I have absolutely no doubt that the first team that would get bitten by this change would be the Lions.

Comment

• Buccaneers to trade Shaq Mason to Texans

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 14, 2023, 9:56 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Buccaneers have found a trade partner for offensive guard Shaq Mason.

Per multiple reports, Tampa Bay is sending Mason to Houston in a deal that will also see the teams swap late-round picks.

The Buccaneers will get a Texans sixth-round selection while Houston will receive a Tampa Bay seventh-round pick.

It’s the second year in a row that Mason, who turns 30 in August, has been traded. New England sent him to Tampa Bay last offseason for a fifth-round pick.

Mason ended up starting all 17 games for the Bucs, playing 99 percent of the club’s offensive snaps.

A fourth-round pick of the 2015 draft, Mason has appeared in 120 games with 115 starts in his eight seasons.

Texans General Manager Nick Caserio was the Patriots’ director of player personnel when the team drafted Mason.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Cowboys released Zeke

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                  The Cowboys released Zeke
                  He's done. He'll end up playing out the string on some shitty team and be a shadow of himself the same as Emmitt Smith.

Annapolis-dinner-fork-1.jpg
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post
                    The Cowboys released Zeke
                    Kinda the classic RB....Get those good 4-5 years out of him, then move on...We dont see alot of cases where teams get their moneys worth on that second contract, and his was way too high anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

He's done. He'll end up playing out the string on some shitty team and be a shadow of himself the same as Emmitt Smith.

Annapolis-dinner-fork-1.jpg
                      But but Emmitt is the greatest ever/sarcasm
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• May the Love saga begin...

Aaron Rodgers: It’s my intention to play for the Jets, Packers are “digging their heels in”

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2023, 1:30 PM EDT

Getty Images

Yes, Aaron Rodgers wants to play for the Jets.

He admitted it on Wednesday while speaking to Pat McAfee.

Rodgers also made it clear that he made the decision to play for the Jets several days ago, and that he’s waiting for the Jets and Packers to work out a trade.

Rodgers blamed the Packers for “digging their heels in” on compensation.

“It’s my intention to play for the Jets, but I’m still under contract with the Packers,” Rodgers said.

And so it’s no longer “if” but “when.”

And the “when” will happen when the Packers and Jets work out a deal.

At one point, Rodgers cited his accomplishments and tenure with the Packers as part of a “plea” for the team to be reasonable now.

“They want to move on,” Rodgers said.

Indeed they do. And they should (as Rodgers said) “do right by” one of the best players in franchise history.

Comment

• Aaron Rodgers: “Ridiculous” to say I demanded Jets sign certain players

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2023, 1:56 PM EDT

Getty Images

One of the reports that surfaced during the wait for Aaron Rodgers to announce his intentions for the 2023 season was one that said Rodgers gave the Jets a wish list of players he wants the team to acquire after making a trade for him.

The list reportedly included Packers teammates Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis and Randall Cobb as well as free agent wideout Odell Beckham Jr. and it became fodder for a question to Rodgers during his Wednesday appearance on The Pat McAfee Show.

Rodgers said that he discussed his feelings about players during conversations with the Jets and gave endorsements about some of the players listed above, but pushed back on the notion that he was asking for players to be added to the roster. Rodgers called it “ridiculous” to say he made demands of the Jets at any point in those conversations.

The report didn’t say Rodgers demanded any particular moves and Rodgers did little to suggest he wouldn’t want any of those players to join him in the AFC East in 2023. Lazard has already reportedly agreed to terms and Wednesday’s declaration of his intentions could get the ball rolling on others joining Rodgers.

Comment

• Aaron Rodgers makes it clear Nathaniel Hackett was a factor in his decision

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2023, 1:59 PM EDT

Getty Images

Future Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers had plenty of things to say about his soon-to-be former team on Wednesday.

Rodgers also had some things to say about his soon-to-be new team.

On this point, Rodgers said he doesn’t care for the suggestion that the Jets hired offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett as a strategy for luring Rodgers to New York. Rodgers actually bristled at the suggestion, given that (as Rodgers said) it demeans Hackett’s abilities as a coach, a leader, etc.

But it’s clear that Hackett’s presence was indeed an attraction for Rodgers. He mentioned other teams were interested. (He didn’t identify other interested teams.)

Now, once Hackett’s former team works out a trade with Hackett’s current team, Rodgers and Hackett will be together again.

Comment

• THAT TEAM beat that az and sent his az outta there

Comment

• The broncs have been way off in the value of players. This is laughable

Report: Broncos want at least a first-round pick for Jerry Jeudy trade

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 15, 2023, 12:56 PM EDT

Getty images

As the Broncos look to re-tool for their first year under head coach Sean Payton, one of their key receivers might be on the way out.

Reports emerged earlier in the week that Denver had been discussing trading Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, and K.J. Hamler. Now a new detail has emerged for what the club would like in return.

According to Jeff Howe of TheAthletic.com, the Broncos are seeking at least a first-round pick for Jeudy.

A first-round pick himself in 2020, Jeudy has not quite produced at a top-receiver level. He recorded 52 catches for 856 yards with three touchdowns as a rookie. He dealt with injury issues in 2021, finishing the season with 38 receptions for 467 yards and no TDs.

Even with Denver’s myriad offensive issues in 2022, Jeudy led the team with 67 receptions, 972 yards, and six touchdowns in 15 games.

If a team acquires Jeudy, that club can choose whether or not to exercise Jeudy’s fifth-year option for 2024.

Howe also reports that the Patriots are one of the teams that has called about Jeudy.

Comment

Working...
                                X