No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I talk about mechanics and footwork, I'm also talking about reading and professions. I should be more clear on that. At the same time, I think every college quarterback is a novice at that aspect.

In theory you can drill out mechanics and footwork, but it is pretty rare to see a guy improve that. That is something that happens on the quarterbacks time. Tom Brady has the best combination of mechanics and footwork in the history of football but the Patriots didn't drill that out of him, that is him practicing at 6 AM in the Bahamas at the resort in the off season.

I'm also very leery of guys who can run out of trouble becoming pocket passers.Generally when pressure happens they revert. It's happened before, Gannon and Young are the best examples. But Mahomes is one of the best quarterbacks in the game and his footwork turn to shit in pressure situations.

Comment

• I disagree that Randall Cunningham was less athletic than LJax....Because of the era he played in and the conservative/defensive mind of his coach (3rd down punt anyone?), they didn't know what to do with him. Dude was one of the most athletic players in the history of the NFL.

Comment

• Cunningham was one of my favorites. He was awesome
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Of course there's question marks. There's question marks for every player in every draft, especially this one where no one has particularly stood out. Hell, I remember just two months ago how some people here were wringing their hands about Hutchinson's "ceiling" and wondering if Neal was actually going to be the Jaguars's pick. We've got a clump of 4 or 5 players who all could present a meaningful case to be top guy in the draft. They all can't be the #1. Does that mean everyone slid?

The only reason Thibs is "sliding" in everyone's mind is because they jumped on the early narrative that he was the prospective #1. I do also find it interesting that the rationale all of you were using to justify his numbers when the narrative was in his favor (that he was facing double teams Hutchinson never had to face, he wasn't 100% for several of his games, etc...) are astonishingly no longer present now that a handful of wanna-be GMs in blazers sitting on ESPN or Fox Sports shows have decided the narrative needs to change in order to drive more draft day hype.

My clue for how the top of the draft will pan out is largely the same as 31 people leading NFL war rooms; waiting to see who the Jaguars start negotiating with - if they start negotiating with anyone. Listening to some of the ground level pundits in Florida would make you think the Jags are looking to... get this, you're gonna love it... trade down, for no particularly compelling reason other than they haven't really been talking with any of the prospective draftees at this moment.
          AGREE Chemi!!!

You seem to have a better handle on this than most people out there. (Not talking about anyone here, whom I have more respect for)

This maybe an example of why people perceive all of this draft stuff as being in a mystic magical luck way.

A couple of years ago DK Metcalf was supposed to be a high draft choice. The videos of his games and he burning DBs. The videos of him with his shirt off, etc... were very compelling. THEN a ground swell of "draft noise" about he can't run routes, his teammate is better, he can't cut, maybe he should be a TE or DE, blah, blah blah... The guy was a late second round pick who should have been a top ten guy. Now everyone says how did everyone miss this and it was just luck. No it wasn't. A ton of people that want to boil the game down to numbers and bs crap about body language and questioning if a guy loves the game is why some of these jokers will always miss.

If you say, "This seems to be what is said with most mocks..." You're probably on the wrong track. Most of these guys you could put in a room with DK and KT and they wouldn't be able to tell you which is which. They parrot and say the same thing others are saying. I'm nobody but my own expert. BUT, I am not tainted by other people's opinions. Ad I try not to kill a guy for something you can't really gage.

Those same people would have picked Baker over Herbert. Again, Herbert had 1 meh year but doesn't really do the rah rah bit.

We have all watched this sport for more decades then we would like to admit. I have confidence in most people here to watch a guy and make your own assessment of if the guy can play or not. A lot more then these clowns.

As far as KT. I really believe Holmes has a pulse on this kid and whichever way he goes will speak volumes on KT. I do not worry about him or any other player messing up the locker room. The team is laced with great attitudes and mentors. He should want to play here.
          Last edited by Futureshock; March 23, 2022, 11:36 AM. Reason: Blame it on DJ Chark
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I haven't seen any concerns about KT with regards to any locker room issues. It seems to mostly boil down to every snap effort and the concerns football types have that he may not be all in enough to tap into his potential. And that's where coaches and GMs have to do their diligence, talk to the college staff, teammates, meet with the player. To that extent, if the Lions pick him, I will have zero concern about any of that because I think we've seen from Holmes and DC in their short time that they prioritize guys that are all in.

Comment

• Holy forkin' shirtballs, Tyreek Hill just got traded.to the Dolphins

Comment

• For instance, there is another mock from NFLN. Now the mocker states that JAX will not pick a OT there because hey just franchised Cam Robinson (middling). BUT, the same guy said we would probably TRADE UP for a QB. Totally ignoring the fact that we have 3 QBs. So this jackaz thinks we would give away 2-3 premium picks for Willis. He probably doesn't get past SEA so you see how far and how much we would have to give up for this guy to make this theoretical stupidity come true.

In actuality, they can say all kind of stuff and be wrong every single time about where someone is drafted to if the guy is successful. No one calls them out so you just keep getting the same broken analysis from these jokers.

Go back and look at the mocks that came about prior to the senior bowl and some during the season. Those mocks were about what these players really did. Like playing football. If you can look at those for years prior, you would see more players that turned out right.

These guys are so afraid of being wrong that it is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. They talk themselves out of players to get T-Shirt combine warriors
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                  Holy forkin' shirtballs, Tyreek Hill just got traded.to the Dolphins
                  You're freakin kidding me. Wow. Did Martha buy KC

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    Holy forkin' shirtballs, Tyreek Hill just got traded.to the Dolphins
                    I get it now! Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefs trading Tyreek Hill to Dolphins

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 23, 2022, 12:47 PM EDT

Getty Images

Tyreek Hill‘s talents are headed to South Beach.

The Chiefs are trading Hill to the Dolphins in exchange for five draft selections.

Kansas City will receive a 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 fourth-round pick, 2023 fourth-round pick, and 2023 sixth-round pick in exchange for Hill.

The Dolphins are also expected to give Hill a contract that guarantees him $70 million over the next three seasons.

The Jets were also a potential destination for Hill, but he’s headed to a different team in their division.

Hill leaves Kansas City as one of the best receivers in franchise history. He is fourth on the team’s all-time list with 479 receptions, fifth with 6,630 yards, and fourth with 56 receiving touchdowns.

A fifth-round pick in the 2016 draft, Hill made the Pro Bowl in each of his six seasons and was a first-team All-Pro three times — twice as a receiver and once as a returner.

Hill caught 111 passes for 1,239 yards with nine touchdowns in 2021.

Now he’ll pair with Jaylen Wadle to form a strong receiver tandem in the AFC East.

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Comment

• The Chefs got paid. That's enough to bring G back down from his camping trip

Comment

• Ok well with Waddle and Hill, they now have 2 of the most dangerous WR in the league. That's a sick pair
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• KC is selling high.

Comment

• Smart by the Chiefs. Hill, in South Beach? Tua?

My goodness they pushed their chips into the middle of the table. He better be lights out and clean off the field.

But keep in mind they (like CLE) have a lot of draft capitol to give and a lot of high draft picks on the team. They still have a questionable line IMHO and Tua hasn't exactly lit the league up.

Comment

USFL to use two-point shootout for overtime

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2022, 10:29 AM EDT

Getty Images

Playmakers makes the case for my preferred approach to overtime — a two-point-conversion shootout.

The reconstituted USFL will be using the two-point-conversion shootout.

The USFL’s version of the two-point shootout will consist of three tries per team; the team with more points after the six total plays wins. If the game remains tied, the process continues with each team getting another try until one team is ahead.

The press release announcing the rules doesn’t address the mechanics of the two-point shootout. The best way to do it would be to put 44 players on the field — 22 at each end — and go quickly, 25 seconds between plays and no timeouts.

The NFL currently isn’t inclined to adopt an approach like this, because it prefers to avoid gimmicks. If, however, the approach becomes successful and compelling for the USFL, maybe the NFL will consider something other than the current approach to overtime.

Comment

• Yeah, hard to turn that down for Hill, that's a haul. That said, Hill absolutely terrified teams in that offense. They have the ammunition to take multiple swings in the draft. Jameson Williams could be a guy they are willing to wait on a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X