No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But it wasn't to the level of Bruce (OSU) punching a UofM player. If t had been a teammate, it would have been a nothing burger. IDK a coach couldn't touch/push a player like that. Seems like an over reaction to me.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I think you're thinking of Woody Hayes punching an opposing player in a bowl game (his last game). Was not a UM game.

Comment

• I'd keep an eye on this.
        Matt Eberflus comes from the Rod Marinelli/ Monte Kiffin coaching tree. Base defense with the Colts has conventional 4-3/ Tampa-2 roots.
        Jags hiring Eberflus would lead me to believe they might prefer Hutch for scheme fit.
        Though, one push back is Eberflus and the Colts use Kemoko Turay as an edge/ LB that could compare to Thibs. Turay is a backup/ rotational player for the Colts.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
          I think you're thinking of Woody Hayes punching an opposing player in a bowl game (his last game). Was not a UM game.
          Thanks Main
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Comment

• Good ol unnamed sources. I never trust that shit. The few times it's accurate are far outweighed by the made up bullshit media is willing to run for clicks.

Comment

• A good rule of thumb for "unnamed sources" is to ask yourself why they wouldn't want to put their name on their quote. Sometimes, there's a good reason. Sometimes there isn't.

In this case, if it's a real quote, the only reason I can think of is that this defender knows his take is an unpopular one among his peers and/or the front office, and is worried about retribution or trying to start shit in the locker room.

Comment

• Even if the reason is potentially good though it still doesn't mean its true. Those situations should at most just get you to keep an eye it for something more concrete. That's not what a good chunk of readers will do though. They'll absolutely take it as fact.

Comment

• Payton gone. I could see them having a look at Glenn because they know him well.

Comment

• Possibly, If they want a defensive guy though it seems like it'd make a lot more sense just to promote Allen. He is already there and already leading a strong defense.

Comment

• Have to imagine Dennis Allen or Pete Carmichael get the Saints HC job. They should want to keep Dennis Allen around because the Saints defense has been good for the last couple of seasons.

I think it'll be Dennis Allen. No worries, Lions fans.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Report: Jaguars aren’t close to a deal with any head coach

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2022, 11:40 AM EST

Getty Images

The Jaguars are trying to hire Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich. Unless they aren’t.

In response to a report from Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times that the Jags are attempting to finalize a contract with Leftwich, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the team continues to talk to Leftwich and Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus, and that the Jaguars “are not close to a deal with anyone at this time.”

“Jags still haven’t decided which way they’ll go,” Schefter adds.

We trust Stroud’s reporting on the issue. And, frankly, we wouldn’t be surprised — at all — to learn that the Jaguars are trying to leverage Leftwich (as part of the negotiations) with the possibility that they’ll pivot to Eberflus if Leftwich wants too much money, that the Jaguars have leaked what was leaked to Schefter in an effort to advance that agenda, and that Schefter tweeted what he tweeted to curry favor with the Jaguars.

Some may not like that we’re putting it that way. Oh well.

It’s a logical and reasonable way to harmonize conflicting reports. Stroud has a very solid track record, bolstered by recent reporting regarding both the Buccaneers (fake Antonio Brown vaccination card) and the Jaguars (real Urban Meyer kicker kick). And Schefter has become regarded as a favor-trader who will push certain things now in anticipation of getting future five-minute head’s-up scoops later.

Such as, for example, first word from the Jaguars that they’ve hired Leftwich. Or Eberflus. Or whoever gets the job.

Comment

• Gronk: If required to decide now, I’d retire

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2022, 11:21 AM EST

Getty Images

Buccaneers tight end Rob Gronkowski hasn’t ruled out playing in 2022, even if the guy who lured him out of retirement retires. However, Gronk now says that, if required to make a decision currently, his decision would be to walk away.

“If they’re like, ‘Rob, you’ve got to decide right now, right this second if you’re playing next year,’ I would say no right now,” Gronkowski told TMZ.com. “I would be like, ‘No, I’m not playing.’ . . . If I had an answer right now,” Gronk said, “it would be no.”

Gronk explained that he’s too banged up to commit to playing today, but that he may feel differently after he’s 100 percent again.

“I just want to heal completely, see where my thoughts are from there,” Gronkowski said. “Just let things settle down — got to just heal a little bit. Fix all the bumps and bruises.”

Gronkowski is scheduled to be a free agent in March. Thus, he can play wherever he wants, if he wants to continue.

Comment

• Brandon Brooks announces his retirement

Posted by Josh Alper on January 26, 2022, 11:10 AM EST

Getty Images

Eagles guard Brandon Brooks is walking away from football.

Brooks announced his retirement from the NFL on Wednesday morning. The move comes after Brooks missed all of the 2020 season with a torn Achilles and all but two games of the 2021 season due to a pectoral injury.

The Texans made Brooks a third-round pick in 2012 and he moved to the Eagles as a free agent in 2016. He made three straight Pro Bowls after the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons with the 2019 trip coming after Brooks recovered from another torn Achilles in the 2018 playoffs. Brooks was also a starter on the Super Bowl LII champions.

Brooks’ announcement was preceded by word that he restructured his contract in a way that will reduce his cap number by $12 million for the coming season. For that to take effect, Brooks’ retirement will likely become official after June 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X