No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Caldwell would be a stabilizing force for the team (he was a lot better in Detroit than I expected) but I wouldn’t trust him to get the staff right. I still don’t think the Jags will hire him.

As for Pederson, was he behind the success of the Philly QBs or was it Reich? After Reich left, seems like the QB position fell apart. Reich seemed to have Luck playing at a good level before he had to retire. Wentz seems to be doing well in Indy now that he’s out of Philly.

Comment

• Pederson was in a really bad situation in Philly. I’ve never seen ownership and upper management run a super bowl winning HC out quite like that. Philly was toxic
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
        Pederson was in a really bad situation in Philly. I’ve never seen ownership and upper management run a super bowl winning HC out quite like that. Philly was toxic
        The GM seems to do what he wants, in spite of his staff. Remember the guy who got pissed at him for missing out on our Akeem (DT) because he wanted to get an extra late pick?
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• How bout them Cowboys!!!!!

Week 17 NFC Playoff clinching scenarios and what they mean for the Detroit Lions

The Packers and Rams can clinch high seeds this week, and that matters for the Detroit Lions

By Jeremy Reisman@DetroitOnLion Dec 30, 2021, 7:00am EST

William Glasheen / USA TODAY NETWORK
          The Detroit Lions were eliminated from playoff contention long ago, but that doesn’t mean they are not impacted by how the postseason plays out over the next couple months. The Lions have draft pick positions still left to be decided. Even though there is a high probability Detroit lands the second overall pick, there are a few important things that could change that.

There’s also the Lions’ first-round pick via the Los Angeles Rams. Last week, the Rams punched their ticket to the postseason, ensuring that Detroit’s second first-round pick will be no higher than 19. But that pick could drop as far as 32 or be in the low 20s. And how the final two weeks of the season play out could have a huge impact on where Detroit ends up picking.

So let’s take a look at a couple of the Week 17 NFC Playoff clinching scenarios and what it means for the Lions.
          Los Angeles Rams

Can clinch the NFC West with:
          • Rams win/tie vs. the Ravens AND
          • Cardinals lose vs. Cowboys

If these two things happen, the Rams will not only clinch the NFC West, but they’ll guarantee themselves a home playoff game. Los Angeles currently sits with the third seed in the NFC, which means they’d host the six seed (currently the 49ers) in the Wild Card round. This would also keep the Rams’ very long-shot odds at getting the first seed and a bye alive.
          Green Bay Packers

Can clinch the NFC No. 1 seed—and a first-round bye—with:
          • Packers win over Vikings AND
          • Cowboys loss vs. Cardinals

OR
          • Packers tie over Vikings AND
          • Cowboys loss vs. Cardinals AND
          • Rams loss vs. Ravens AND
          • Buccaneers loss/tie vs. Jets

OR
          • Packers tie over Vikings AND
          • Cowboys loss vs. Cardinals AND
          • Rams tie vs. Ravens AND
          • Buccaneers loss vs. Jets

Why does this matter to the Lions? Well, if the Packers clinch a first-round bye this week, it means they will have nothing to play for in Week 18... against the Detroit Lions.

That matters if the Lions win this week against the Seahawks. That would put Detroit at 3.5 wins (three wins and a tie). If they get to 4.5 wins by beating a Packers team with nothing to play four, it puts them in danger of falling behind the Texans, Jets, and Giants in draft order. They could realistically fall as low as five in the draft.

You can see all of the Week 17 playoff-clinching scenarios here.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I continue to be fascinated by the contingent that seems to think the Lions should even be the favorite to walk out of Qwest Field in Seattle next Sunday with a win, much less a lock.

Comment

• I wouldn't count the Seahawks on paper as a favorite but there will be an unknown factor of how deflated they will be after losing a must win to stay alive game last week. We know the Lions are going to show up or at least a very high probability they play hard. If the Seahawks don't match that with their hopes dashed they could definitely lose.

Comment

• Who’s calling this game a lock or that the Lions should be favored? The simple fact is Seattle is bad, this is two bad teams playing each other. Pretty much any outcome is in play.

However, this is potentially Wilson’s last home game as a Seahawk. As I said before, I would expect Seattle to muster up what’s left of their pride and tradition to get a win. Then again, you would have expected as much last week.

Comment

• I haven't heard anyone saying that.about the Lions. I think they are going to lose, but this is one of those games that you see in sports where the overall big picture view of the two teams don't match the current situation of the two teams. The Lions have strung together some pretty decent performances defensively and the Seahawks have looked lost. The Lions need to protect.the draft pick.

Comment

• I don’t think anyone will be picking the Lions to win.. it’s just our luck as most of us are clinging to KT or Hutch.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Armada, Presidents, Brigade, Redhawks, Commanders, RedWolves, Defenders, and Football Team.
                      With RedWolves seeming unlikely due to trademark concerns.

A little disappointed that "Hogs" or "Red Hogs" didn't make the list.

and Martin Mayhew is their GM?? Since when?! or I totally forgot about that.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Woke brigade calling for scalps. Hilarious
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They should get rid of Washington while they are at it.....

Comment

• Appears like they accidentally leaked it anyways due to the team website.
                            Solid choice. Can be lifted if the logo is a hit.

Spoiler alert…

SPOILER Washington Admirals
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They're cute when they're young:

Jaguars fans plan clown-costume revolt on Sunday

Posted by Mike Florio on January 4, 2022, 12:45 PM EST

Getty Images

Jaguars fans aren’t happy with the news that the latest reboot of the team won’t include giving right-place-right-time G.M. Trent Baalke the boot. For Sunday’s regular-season finale against the Colts, some of them plan to show their discontent with their attire.

Via Mark Long of the Associated Press, some fans plan to wear clown costumes to the game. It’s an extension of the proliferation of a social-media effort consisting of clowns with owner Shad Khan’s handlebar mustache and the heavy use of clown emojis in response to posts from the team.

Fan hope to engineer the firing of Baalke, who reportedly will survive the hiring of a new coach.

Baalke is just a symptom of the deeper problem. Through a decade of ownership, Khan has made one mistake after another. He’s the common link, the wildly successful captain of industry who believes football is easier than it is, and who lacks the knowledge (including the knowledge of what he doesn’t know) needed to make good decisions about the identity of his football decision-makers.

The NFL is set up for all teams to cluster around .500. Apart from the 2017 season, which nearly resulted in a Super Bowl berth, the Jaguars have been bad. Very bad. This year, they’re 2-14 bad — one year after being 1-15 bad.

That’s too bad for Jaguars fans. Owners can’t be fired; they’re stuck with Khan. Just like every fan base of every other dysfunctional team is stuck with the ultimate source of the dysfunction.

Will Sunday’s clown-out make a difference? We’ll see. Regardless, keeping Baalke will make it harder to hire the best possible coach, because multiple candidates won’t interview for the job if they know on the way in that the last man standing from the last two failed regimes has somehow climbed to the top of the mountain.

But even without Baalke, will Khan be able to hire the best of the best? Absent a major financial investment or significant power over the football operations, candidates with options may opt to work elsewhere.

Comment

• Ha, that’s hilarious.

Khan certainly cares about Jacksonville and the community. The amount of money Khan has spent…. Jags are building a new football facility for example. Number of other projects in the area from what I’ve read.
                                Khan just can’t get the football side of the franchise right for whatever reason. Wrong decision after another.

Keeping GM Trent Baalke certainly seems like another mistake. I don’t blame Jags fans.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X