Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFS

He stood there and mean mugged the other team

It was pretty much the definition of taunting.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think Corrente threw the flag because he bumped into the player. I think the explanation was CYA. He would have thrown the flag when the alleged taunt occured, he doesn't throw the flag until after he backs into Marsh. All of the NFL head referees think they are Country Joe West and the game is about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        I think Corrente threw the flag because he bumped into the player. I think the explanation was CYA. He would have thrown the flag when the alleged taunt occured, he doesn't throw the flag until after he backs into Marsh. All of the NFL head referees think they are Country Joe West and the game is about them.
        Could be. Doesn't change the fact that if the player wouldn't have walked toward the Pittsburgh bench acting like a bad ass there wouldn't have been a call at all.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          I think Corrente threw the flag because he bumped into the player. I think the explanation was CYA. He would have thrown the flag when the alleged taunt occured, he doesn't throw the flag until after he backs into Marsh. All of the NFL head referees think they are Country Joe West and the game is about them.
          Are you talking about the video above? Because the player that guy bumps into was his teammate.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Are you talking about the video above? Because the player that guy bumps into was his teammate.
            He's talking about the ref bumping into the player just before he threw the flag. It looks as if he went out of his way to get in the player's way (can't see it in that video)

BTW, that edit is bullshit. Watch the entire play and aftermath.
            Last edited by CGVT; November 9, 2021, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              FFS

He stood there and mean mugged the other team

It was pretty much the definition of taunting.
              You seriously think staring at a sideline for a few seconds is worthy of erasing a huge play?

On what planet is staring worthy of a 15 yard penalty and a new set of downs?

How did you ever watch Philip Rivers play football?

Comment

• They know the fucking rules.

Don't want a taunting penalty?

Don't fucking taunt.

Pretty simple.
                Last edited by CGVT; November 9, 2021, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• The way the rules are enforced is laughable. There’s holding on every play. DPI and OPI is constantly missed. Roughing is selectively enforced.

But you want to give referees the chance to impact games even more for the heinous crime of staring at an opposing sideline for a second or two after making a huge play?

Comment

• You're entirely missing the point. It doesn't matter if CGVT thinks it "should" or "shouldn't" be a penalty. It IS a penalty. He committed the foul. Flag is justified. It's really simple. Liking or disliking the rule has zero to to do with whether or not it occurred.

Comment

• It shouldn’t be a rule at all. It’s a bullshit rule cooked up by a load of old boomers on the rules committee. And it’s deciding games.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                        The way the rules are enforced is laughable. There’s holding on every play. DPI and OPI is constantly missed. Roughing is selectively enforced.

But you want to give referees the chance to impact games even more for the heinous crime of staring at an opposing sideline for a second or two after making a huge play?
                        It was more than "staring for a second or two". Jesus you are spinning this more than a right winger defending Trump.

Watch a video of the entire thing. He made the sack and got up and celebrated. After the perfectly legal, spontaneous celebrating was done, he walked directly toward the Pittsburgh bench and stared them down as the punting team was taking the field.

It was taunting any way you slice it.

Comment

• Plus you have to consider..... it likely really hurt the Steelers' feelings.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• The thing about the NFL and refs is you have to know what they are going to call and how they are going to call it. I think the renewed emphasis on taunting is a solution in search of a problem but the players have to adjust. You can bitch about it all year long and post tweets to show all these travesties but the uptight, reactionary owners are going to own the NFL for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                              It shouldn’t be a rule at all. It’s a bullshit rule cooked up by a load of old boomers on the rules committee. And it’s deciding games.
                              They need to let this shit go, so we can watch the retaliation like in the old days.
                              You got a team on it's way to a SB and some schmuck wants to show up the other team?
                              Well, don't be surprised if your star QB gets some special handling the next time he sees the field......
                              That is the ONLY place this stupid shit ends up.

Do that shit against the Lions of old?
                              WR rips his teammate a new asshole, because that WR knew he was going to get the motha of all clothelines from Night Train Lane to set the record straight.

Comment

• Yeah... funny enough people would rather not see players taking frontier justice for any perceived slight.

The current taunting rules are definitely dumb, but the idea of "just let players police their own behavior" justifiably has gone the way of the dodo.

Comment

Working...
                                X