No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The key with the Cardinals is they have accumulated a lot of talent. People talk up scheme a lot but everyone in the NFL is running a very similar type of offense and defense.

When Dick Vermeil was head coach of my Rams he was on the hot seat going into the 99 season. He had a Warner gray beard coaches and it hadn't produced much. His ship look like it sank for good when his big free agent signing Trent Green was out for the year. They were scrambling to find a replacement and somehow found Kurt Warner like a man finding a winning Lotto ticket in an old coat.

Kingsbury was.on the hot seat because there has been a lot of hype for very little production. But it shows you, once you get enough talent you become a much better coach. But it is still early in this year.

Comment

• Kingsbury was on the hot seat? I never heard that. He's only in year 3 and years 1-2 were 5-10 to 8-8 in a tough division with no reason to think they wouldn't continue to progress. Anyone thinking that should be Hot seat material isn't an opinion I'd want to give any credence to.

Comment

• He was definitely under scrutiny. He had the losing record at Texas Tech, the political side after replacing Steve Wilks after a year despite being apparently underqualified and then various questions asked.

He’s answering them.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
          Kingsbury was on the hot seat? I never heard that. He's only in year 3 and years 1-2 were 5-10 to 8-8 in a tough division with no reason to think they wouldn't continue to progress. Anyone thinking that should be Hot seat material isn't an opinion I'd want to give any credence to.
          He was the third favorite in Vegas to be the first coach fired, so yeas he was on the hot seat.
          Last edited by froot loops; November 9, 2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Another day, another ridiculous taunting penalty

Comment

• For example from this preseason Yahoo list of coaches on the hot seat…. Kingsbury, Zimmer, Nagy, Fangio, and Taylor.
              I would add Shanahan, McCarthy, and Flores before the season began.

But yes… I remember people saying Kingsbury could be in trouble if the Cards fall short again. Many people picked the Cards to finish last in the NFC West too! Oops!
              Cards GM, Steve Keim, has done an excellent job retooling that team. Keim built the Carson Palmer/ Bruce Arians Cards teams that made some noise for a few seasons in the mid-2010s.

All of the PFF podcast episodes I listened to last year before the NFL Draft… analytics people will say QB, CB, S, WR, LB, and Edge are among the most valuable positions.
              Breaking down what goes into PFF's new Pro-Adjusted Wins Above Average metric and examining how NFL teams are factoring in elements of positional value with their NFL draft decisions.

You look at where the Cards are having success on the roster. Particularly QB and WR in this modern day style of football… that explains it a little.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                Another day, another ridiculous taunting penalty

W/o audio how do you know he didn't say something egrious?
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Throw the flag on him for those ridiculous tattoos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

W/o audio how do you know he didn't say something egrious?
                    Because the referee himself said it was due to his “posture”. It’s fucking absurd - giving a new set of downs on 4th and 15 and 15 yards for staring at a sideline for a second.

The whole thing is horseshit. Why on earth do you want to give the zebras more freedom to decide matches based on ticky tack stuff? It’s crazy to me. If they insist on enforcing it in this annoying way it should be at worst a 5 yard penalty with no automatic first down.

It was the Bears though so LOL.
                    Last edited by TheLondonLion; November 9, 2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

The whole thing is horseshit. Why on earth do you want to give the zebras more freedom to decide matches based on ticky tack stuff? It’s crazy to me. If they insist on enforcing it in this annoying way it should be at worst a 5 yard penalty with no automatic first down.

It was the Bears though so LOL.
                      The NFL Rulebook is littered with so many rules that require "interpretation" - that's why. It's not going to change.
                      Put 16 NFL crews in separate rooms and ask them to interpret a questionable play. My guess is you have something like a 9-7 or a 10-6 distribution most of the time - even with the benefit of 5 minute commercial stoppages to review the play.

Comment

• Don't want to get a taunting penalty?

Don't fucking posture like a "bad ass" toward the opposition after a play.

Pretty fucking simple.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The NFLPA have come out and said they had nothing to do with it. I’d bet money this shitty rule will be abandoned as quickly as it arrived.

He stood for about 2 seconds looking in the vague direction of the Steelers sideline - this happens on almost every play!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

He was the third favorite in Vegas to be the first coach fired, so yeas he was on the hot seat.
                            Looks like a case of unrealistic media expectations for a team picking 1st overall to be better than 8-8 year 2 in a very tough division. Guess I just didn't pay enough attention in the off-season. I viewed him as a riser. I would understand a year of regression putting him on the hot seat next year or just an abysmal flop Like Flores's season thus far in Miami. More of warming the chair up kinda guys though. Would've thought Fangio, Nagy, Zimmer and Taylor were a lot hotter. Shit, even McCarthy if they didn't do better with Dak. Third is insane to me.

Comment

The NFLPA have come out and said they had nothing to do with it. I’d bet money this shitty rule will be abandoned as quickly as it arrived.

He stood for about 2 seconds looking in the vague direction of the Steelers sideline - this happens on almost every play!
                              Hate the rule all you want. I certainly won't argue with you on that point. I also think it's a step too far. I understand why it exists though in trying to stop a bigger problem. That said, the reality is that the players know what the rule is. It's obvious the guy was posturing towards the Steelers sideline. The flag wasn't unwarranted under the rule.

Comment

• Oh come on! He was literally staring at the sideline from 20 meters away for a few seconds.

Nothing close to this was ever in the NFL guidance where proximity was emphasized.

Just total bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X