• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah hahaha

Report: Danielle Hunter isn’t happy with his contract

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2021, 4:19 PM EDT

Getty Images

There’s a risk to signing a great player quickly to a good-not-great contract. The player quickly may realize he’s underpaid.

That’s happened with Vikings defensive end Danielle Hunter. According to Chad Graff of TheAthletic.com, Hunter isn’t happy with the contract he signed in 2018. He’s reportedly considering all options — holding out, seeking a trade, or hiring a new agent.

Hunter, since the posting of the article by Graff, has pledged public loyalty to his current agency. However, Hunter did not rule out a holdout or a trade demand.

For now, the frustrations have remained private. Per Graff, Hunter “has expressed his frustrations to multiple people,” as he considers his next move.

His deal averages $14.4 million per year. That amount became glaring when the Chargers signed pass rusher Joey Bosa to a deal worth $27 million per year last August.

Complicating matters is the neck injury that began as a “tweak” and ended with surgery that kept him from playing in 2020.

This isn’t an ideal year to be seeking more money, from the Vikings or anyone. The cap is significantly down, and there are plenty of pass rushers available. Shaq Barrett, the top guy in the free-agency class, is reportedly getting a base average of $17 million per year on his new deal with the Jets, signed as the free-agency negotiating window opened.

Hunter’s best play could be to return in 2021, show that he’s still the guy he was, and then make a play for more.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Weren't they cutting players left and right a couple days ago?

Joe Thuney agrees to five-year deal with Chiefs

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2021, 4:16 PM EDT

Getty Images

Monday morning brought word that the Jets and Patriots were trying to land a deal with guard Joe Thuney, but he’ll be moving on from the AFC East.

Thuney’s agent Mike McCartney announced that his client has agreed to a five-year deal with the Chiefs. Multiple reports peg the value of the deal at $80 million.

The $15 million average annual salary is the most for any guard on a multi-year deal. Brandon Scherff is set to make over $18 million on a franchise tag with Washington.

The move comes after the Chiefs released tackles Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz. They also have Austin Reiter, Mike Remmers, Kelechi Osemele, and Daniel Kilgore headed for free agency, so Thuney will be the centerpiece of a new-look offensive line in Kansas City next season.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Jamaal Williams thanks Green Bay as he says goodbye

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2021, 3:38 PM EDT

Getty Images

Packers running back Jamaal Williams is leaving Green Bay.

That became obvious when the Packers re-signed running back Aaron Jones, and Williams said his goodbyes on Instagram today.

Thank you Green Bay for accepting me and letting me grow into the Man I am today and still thriving to be,” Williams wrote. “I have nothing but RESPECT and LOVE for everyone who works in the Packers facility from Players, Coaches, all the employees that work in Lambeau, and the fans!! I’m going to miss It all, cherish all my memories, and keep striving for Greatness. I’m looking forward to what’s ahead and excited to grind for what I want but nothing but love GB it’s been real.”

In four seasons as a Packer, Williams had 500 carries for 1,985 yards and 10 touchdowns, plus 122 catches for 961 yards and eight touchdowns.
        Share this:

Comment

• NFL Top 100 free agents 2021: Shaq Barrett highest-ranked player not to get tagged

Posted by Charean Williams on March 15, 2021, 3:12 PM EDT

Getty Images

The following are PFT’s top 100 free agents for the start of the 2021 league year. The rankings include prospective unrestricted free agents, as well as released players. The list will be updated as events warrant, with signings, tags and re-signings denoted when announced and/or reported.

1. Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott (The Cowboys announced a new deal with Prescott on March 8, and reports indicate it’s a four-year, $160 million deal with $126 million guaranteed.)

2. Bears receiver Allen Robinson (The Bears used the franchise tag on Robinson on March 9.)

3. Giants defensive lineman Leonard Williams (The Giants used the franchise tag on Williams on March 9.)

4. Broncos safety Justin Simmons (The Broncos used the franchise tag on Simmons on March 5.)

5. Buccaneers edge Shaq Barrett (The Buccaneers re-signed Barrett to a four-year deal on March 15.)

6. Buccaneers receiver Chris Godwin (The Buccaneers used the franchise tag on Godwin on March 9.)

7. Lions receiver Kenny Golladay

Comment

• Dalvin Tomlinson agrees to deal with Vikings

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on March 15, 2021, 11:07 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Minnesota Vikings are signing former New York Giants defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson, his agency announced on Monday night.

Via Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Tomlison’s deal with the Vikings is a two-year contract worth up to $22 million. The contract includes $16 million fully guaranteed with a $15 million signing bonus.

A former second-round pick of the Giants in 2017, Tomlinson appeared in every game during his four-year stint with the team. He posted back-to-back seasons with 49 total tackles and 3.5 sacks over the previous two seasons.

Tomlinson has played multiple spots along the defensive line in New York, which will give the Vikings options on how to best deploy him in their scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              Ah hahaha

His deal averages $14.4 million per year. That amount became glaring when the Chargers signed pass rusher Joey Bosa to a deal worth $27 million per year last August.

wtf? That's QB money.
              Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

wtf? That's QB money.
                It used to be. Now WRs, DEs and probably OTs are next.

Comment

• Phillip Lindsay gets lowest-level RFA tender from Broncos

Posted by Josh Alper on March 15, 2021, 9:11 PM EDT

Getty Images

Broncos General Manager George Paton said that the team would be tendering restricted free agent running back Phillip Lindsay with a contract and we learned the size of that contract on Monday.

According to multiple reports, the Broncos have tendered Lindsay at the lowest level. The team will have right of first refusal if Lindsay wants to sign with another team, but they will not receive any draft pick compensation if they choose to let him walk.

Lindsay will make $2.133 million if he plays out the year under the tender.

Lindsay ran for more than 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons, but injuries and the arrival of Melvin Gordon limited him to 502 yards in 11 games last year.

Comment

• I like Lindsay. I would prefer a bigger RB like Conner, but he's not a bad guy to have around. He sort of got pushed aside when DEN splurged on Gordon.

Comment

• SAM DARNOLDQB, NEW YORK JETS
                      The New York Daily News' Pat Leonard reports Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll has a "high opinion" of Sam Darnold and could be interested in acquiring the QB should Seattle part ways with Russell Wilson.

“Keep an eye on Seattle for Darnold,” a source told Leonard. The chances of Wilson leaving Seattle this offseason remain low, but Leonard reports Darnold could be a fallback option for the Seahawks if they lose their franchise player. The Jets have reportedly fielded calls for Darnold -- just 23 years old -- while holding the second pick in this year's NFL Draft. Leonard mentioned the Texans as another potential landing spot for Darnold should the team deal away Deshaun Watson.

RELATED:
                      SOURCE: NYDailyNews.com
                      Mar 16, 2021, 9:56 AM

Comment

• Titans release Dennis Kelly, Adoree Jackson

Posted by Charean Williams on March 16, 2021, 4:20 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Titans are releasing cornerback Adoree' Jackson and tackle Dennis Kelly, the team announced.

Jackson, a first-round pick of the Titans in 2017, played 46 games for the Titans the past four seasons. He made 41 starts.

Jackson played only three games for the Titans in 2020 because of a knee injury.

Kelly, acquired in a trade with the Eagles in 2016, appeared in 74 games for the Titans the past five seasons. He started all 16 games at right tackle in 2020.

The Titans reached agreement with offensive tackle Kendall Lamm on a two-year deal worth up to $8.5 million on Monday, presumably to take over the right tackle job.

Comment

• Report: Bears having trade discussions with other teams about Anthony Miller

Posted by Charean Williams on March 16, 2021, 3:56 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Bears are having trade discussions with other teams about receiver Anthony Miller, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

Schefter adds that the slot receiver is “likely to be dealt.”

Miller is entering the final year of his rookie deal due to make $1.2 million with a $1.7 million cap number.

The Bears made Miller a second-round choice in 2018.

In his three seasons, Miller has played 47 games with 17 starts. He has made 134 catches for 1,564 yards and 11 touchdowns.

His yards per catch dipped to 9.9 last season after he averaged 12.7 per reception in his first two seasons combined.

Comment

• Report: Giants agree to one-year deal with John Ross

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 16, 2021, 3:48 PM EDT

Getty Images

John Ross has found his second NFL home.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports Ross will sign a one-year deal worth $2.5 million with the Giants. The deal includes $1 million in guaranteed money.

The Bengals’ No. 9 overall pick in the 2017 draft, Ross never found his footing in Cincinnati. He dealt with various injuries over the last four years, playing only 27 games in four seasons. He registered 51 catches for 733 yards with 10 touchdowns. His most productive season was in 2019, when he caught 28 passes for 506 yards — averaging 18.1 yards per reception.

But in 2020, Ross played only three games, catching a pair of passes for 17 yards. The Bengals had already declined his fifth-year option for 2021 and Ross posted on social media in October, “It’s no secret that I have requested a trade.”

Now Ross gets a fresh start with the Giants.

Comment

• Raiders cut center Rodney Hudson

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 16, 2021, 2:53 PM EDT

Getty Images

Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Olson recently called center Rodney Hudson a very valuable piece of the Raiders’ offense. But apparently his value was something less than what was left of his contract.

Instead of keeping Hudson, the Raiders have released him, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The move is a big surprise, both because Hudson is a good player and because the move doesn’t actually help the Raiders’ cap situation, as they take on a slightly bigger dead cap hit than keeping Hudson would have cost. It’s possible the Raiders will designate Hudson a post-June 1 release, in which case about half of his dead cap hit will move to their 2022 cap.

The Raiders have now said goodbye to four of their five offensive line starters from 2020, with Hudson joining guards Richie Incognito and Gabe Jackson in getting cut. The Raiders also traded tackle Trent Brown to New England.

Rebuilding the offensive line is going to be a major offseason task for coach Jon Gruden and General Manager Mike Mayock.

Hudson is a three-time Pro Bowler who has spent the last six years with the Raiders. He’ll have plenty of suitors in free agency.

Comment

• Tramon Williams announces retirement

Posted by Charean Williams on March 16, 2021, 2:51 PM EDT

Getty Images

Cornerback Tramon Williams announced his retirement Tuesday, his 38th birthday.

Williams was out of football in 2020 until signing with the Ravens on Nov. 10. He played seven games during the regular season, logging 191 snaps, and saw action on 12 defensive snaps against the Bills in the divisional round.

The Ravens waived him so Williams could sign with the Packers and try to win another Super Bowl ring. He signed with the Packers’ practice squad and was active for the NFC Championship Game but did not play.

Williams played 14 seasons, 10 with the Packers, and made 153 career starts with 34 interceptions and 153 pass breakups.

Besides the Packers and Ravens, Williams also spent time with the Browns and Cardinals.

Comment

Working...
                                X