No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw something about NE shopping N’Keal Harry....

that’s probably a risk worth taking for a late rd pick

Comment

• Not for me. Never impressed me at all. He helped make Brady look bad.

Comment

• NE giving up on a 1st rounder for a late round pick? Belichick is one of the best talent evaluators and if he’s giving up on him should tell you everything that you need.

Hard pass
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• There was a story that Brady worked with him in the off-season the year Harry was drafted and after those workouts he told Belichick, "he can't help.us this year."

Comment

• He can't separate.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
              He can't separate.
              He'd fit right in here
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Cowboys receive league-high four compensatory draft picks in 2021

The NFL announced its 2021 compensatory draft picks, which now include special compensatory picks rewarding teams for developing minority coaches and executives.

And the Lions get........NOTHING!!!
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I guess the Bills cut John Brown. He might be worth a look
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Oh the Jags...
                    Not surprising when you try to build through free agency and have crap drafts. Bob Quinn era too.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I wouldn’t cry for the Jaga. They’re about to go from one of the shittiest teams in the league to one of the most desirable. Life is good for them
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Getting more concerned by Wilson to Chicago. Please god no.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          Getting more concerned by Wilson to Chicago. Please god no.
                          Why? I want it to happen. Give up a ton of picks and money. They’re an aging team, it will end up setting them back years
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Why? I want it to happen. Give up a ton of picks and money. They’re an aging team, it will end up setting them back years
                            Cos he’s a top 5 QB. Although their O line is also total trash.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                              Cowboys receive league-high four compensatory draft picks in 2021

The NFL announced its 2021 compensatory draft picks, which now include special compensatory picks rewarding teams for developing minority coaches and executives.

And the Lions get........NOTHING!!!
                              Cowboys receive league-high four compensatory draft picks in 2021

Posted by Myles Simmons on March 10, 2021, 3:35 PM EST

Getty Images

The selections this year are from the third to sixth rounds. With the CBA limiting the number of compensatory selections to the number of clubs in the league at 32, there were seven teams that qualified for a pick but did not receive it in the Falcons, Bears, Colts, Vikings, Eagles, Steelers, and Buccaneers. But only Indianapolis did not receive a selection at all because its free agent lost was ranked 33rd or lower in the formula used to generate picks.

The Cowboys have a league-high four compensatory draft picks in 2021, with one each in the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth round. Dallas lost Byron Jones, Robert Quinn, Randall Cobb, Xavier Su’a-Filo, and Jeff Heath, and Jason Witten last year in free agency.

There were five special compensatory selections awarded at the end of the third round — one for the 49ers, one for the Rams, one for the Ravens, and one for the Saints. Those each stem from another team hiring a minority from their organization to be either a head coach or General Manager. The NFL initially announced an incorrect number for San Francisco’s special selections with two this year instead of one. With Robert Saleh becoming the Jets head coach and Martin Mayhew becoming Washington’s G.M., San Francisco will receive a special compensatory selection for each of the next three years.

The Falcons and Packers each have three regular compensatory picks. The Panthers, Bears, Chiefs, Rams, Vikings, Patriots, Saints, and Eagles have two. The Ravens, Chargers, Steelers, 49ers, Buccaneers, and Titans have one.

The regular third-round picks went to the Patriots (No. 96), Chargers (No. 96), Saints (No. 98), Cowboys (No. 99), Titans (No. 100), and Rams (No. 101).

The special compensatory selections went to the 49ers (No. 102), Rams (No. 103), Ravens (No. 104), and Saints (No. 105).

The fourth-round selections went to the Cowboys (No. 138), Patriots (No. 139), Steelers (No. 140), Rams (No. 141), Packers (No. 142), Vikings (No. 143), and Chiefs (No. 144).

The fifth-round selections went to the Packers (No. 177), Cowboys (No. 178), Falcons (No. 179), 49ers (No. 180), Chiefs (No. 181), Falcons (No. 182), and Ravens (No. 183).

And the sixth-round selections went to the Buccaneers (No. 216), Saints (No. 217), Falcons (No. 218), Packers (No. 219), Bears (No. 220), Panthers (No. 221), Vikings (No. 222), Eagles (No. 223 and No. 224), Panthers (No. 225), Cowboys (No. 226), and Bears (No. 227).

Since 1994, the Ravens lead the league with 53 compensatory selections of the 876 awarded.
                              __________________________________________________ _____________________

Quinn really stunk. He handled the team like he was a fan.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• you look at that list of free agents lost by the Cowboys that presumably led to them getting 4 compensatory picks and I think what the actual fuck. Witten? Iirc the formula is supposed to take into account $'s and actual production, no?

I'm not angry the Lions didn't get any, because Quinn never took advantage of the system in place to make it happen and never drafted anybody that was worth it for another team to sign .... but none of that Cowboy list screams big time FA to me.

OK, I double checked ... I guess Jones signed for 16M. Cobb for 9M (why?). Quinn for 14M. Witten for 4M (again why?).

The Lions have the signing of Hupa Vaitai for cancelling out the 3rd or 4th round pick they would have gotten for Glasgow leaving.
                                Last edited by Masspartan; March 11, 2021, 08:22 AM.
                                Forever One!

Comment

Working...
                                X