Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Trump can't help himself and will step on his dick trying to disparage Harris. The rest of the Repubs will push the DEI hire angle.

It will make the MAGA morons happy, but will piss off the people (women and people of color) that will decide the election

Trump is toast
    The problem is that it doesn't matter. Trump's base is never going to think he stepped on his dick. They'll be like, "Fuck yeah! Tell that n[clang] who she is!"

He's going to get roughly 45-47% of eligible voters. It's baked in. No one is going to run away with this; in that sense it doesn't matter who the Dem candidate is. Where it matters is in mobilizing their base and nibbling away at the "independent" low-information voters who only get irritated when you try to discuss any political matters.

Judging from the initial response, Harris is already doing better than Biden at part 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
      I want Kamala to win just for the entertainment it will bring the next 4 years.
      The memes she will create will be Gold.
      The only other things I would want from her is give back the rights to woman for their own choices and if she has enough courage to stop funding Israel and Ukraine wars.
      Yes, give Russia what it wants!

Comment

• Look into the history of Ukraine since at least last 10 years.
        Nothing is Black and White.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Trump can't help himself and will step on his dick trying to disparage Harris. The rest of the Repubs will push the DEI hire angle.

It will make the MAGA morons happy, but will piss off the people (women and people of color) that will decide the election

Trump is toast
          And now they’re pissing off people from blended families

"This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Right a better choice would have been Newsom or Whitmer
            If they had skipped over Kamala in favor of anyone else, Black Twitter says the Dems would have lost the AA vote.
            "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Doing an end around that tossed out the primaries entirely (Harris was at least on that ticket) would have torn the Dem party apart.

Saying, "We need to save democracy" as you throw out the voice of 14 million voters would have been killed the blue side of the ledger, possibly for good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post

If they had skipped over Kamala in favor of anyone else, Black Twitter says the Dems would have lost the AA vote.
                Exactly.

She is the ideal candidate to hammer home the racism and misogynist views of the right.

I think the highest stakes test will be the tight rope walk she'll have to do with the Israel/Palestine situation. She is more progressive than Biden on the issue. Can she be pro Israel and anti Zionist enough to appease the older voters and win over younger voters and voters like Whitley.

Can she get the point across that the Dems hate Hamas as much as the Repubs do, they just don't hate the Palestinian people?

I guess we'll see.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, the good news is, our great system means she only has to convince a few hundred thousand people in about 3 states. No problema!

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                    Look into the history of Ukraine since at least last 10 years.
                    Nothing is Black and White.
                    Maybe not in your mind but the choice is clear. Russia invaded Ukraine and is murdering Ukrainians and levelling cities. If you want to defend that and let Russia have it's way, I say that's unAmerican.

Comment

• You have a biased American view point. America good, Russia bad.
                      again, just like the US foreign policy in Central America causes our border crisis here.
                      Eventually bad policies are going to create bad results for other people. But you won’t be affected sitting in your living room chair cheering for the USA at the Olympics or something.
                      Joe Biden predicted back in the late 90’s that Russia would invade Ukraine. Our government did it on purpose to weaken Russia and its economy.
                      Stay blind and be happy.

Comment

• Yes Russia is bad, if you can't see that Putin is bad, that says a lot about you. If Ukraine is requesting assistance from an invasion the US has a duty to provide weapons. The US convinced Ukraine to give up their nuclear missiles, it would be callous to stand by idly and let Putin invade them to start reforming the Russian Empire.

But yes Russia is bad, it's not a hard concept. Look at how many Ukrainian cities they have flattened. It's crazy how much Trumpers have become Putin's Poodles.
                        ​​​​
                        Last edited by froot loops; July 23, 2024, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• How exactly did the United States make Russia invade Ukraine again?

Comment

• Also, the Russian economy is weak not because of the US alleged meddling it's because the oligarchy rose and installed Putin to their own peril. Once that happened any of the attempts that the West tried to help Russia implement a healthy free trading economy were halted. It's no coincidence the standard of living in former Soviet satellites are better than Russia. All of those countries implemented reforms to satisfy requirements to get into the EU and NATO.

Trump loves dictators and Putin is one. So the rest of the GOP has decided to love Putin too

Comment

• Since the Cold War there are numerous foreign policy blunders or bad policies that have boomeranged on the US, but helping Ukraine defend themselves from Russian obliteration from an illegal invasion is good policy.

I'm a big Peace of Westphalia guy, Ukraine has a right to defend itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Since the Cold War there are numerous foreign policy blunders or bad policies that have boomeranged on the US, but helping Ukraine defend themselves from Russian obliteration from an illegal invasion is good policy.

I'm a big Peace of Westphalia guy, Ukraine has a right to defend itself.
                                I agree with Ukraine has a right to defend itself. Here is the questions I have in this though.

What does winning look like? Should the US put boots on the ground here?

Can Ukraine win the war---do they have the manpower?

Are we willing to prop Ukraine up post war?
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X