Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are the 2 people the parties think the citizens will vote for.
    If they thought the people would vote for better choices they would trot them out there.
    One cannot overthink the humanity of its electorate. If you can get what Iā€™m putin down. šŸ˜Ž

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
      These are the 2 people the parties think the citizens will vote for.
      Yep. The supposed mighty west have Biden / Trump / Sunak / Starmer ---->> we're all fkd.

Seriously though, when will government policy start really having a positive affect on my daily life. Get the potholes fixed. My van is old!

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.ā€

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
        These are the 2 people the parties think the citizens will vote for.
        If they thought the people would vote for better choices they would trot them out there.
        One cannot overthink the humanity of its electorate. If you can get what Iā€™m putin down. šŸ˜Ž
        1 of the 2 parties is beholden to 1 person, it's a cult.

The other party is too fucking dumb and lazy to do the uncomfortable thing to win this in a landslide.

Comment

• I mean, these are the two people the party primaries chose.

Hell, the Republicans had a bevy of options, and those voters said, "Gimme more Trump."

What the fuck are you supposed to do about that? This is who the people who gave a shit when the choice could be made chose.
          Last edited by chemiclord; June 28, 2024, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• The media ran cover for Bidenā€™s frailty and did a disservice not only to rank and file Democrat supporters but also continue to lose trust among Americans. Instead of some people (who I donā€™t know) realizing this now when itā€™s too late they could have rang the bell when it was still possible to make a switch. You had media savants like Joe Scarborough (who I used to respect a long time ago) running around saying Biden was as sharp as a tack. Stooges claiming that the disturbing Biden clips on social media were ā€œcheap fakesā€. Now they are trying to throw Biden under the bus like they had nothing to do with propping him up the last three years.
            Last edited by Sanders Fan; June 28, 2024, 11:07 PM.
            3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
            10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Again. These two are who the primary process chose to represent the two parties. The Republicans, especially, had a plethora of options, and they chose Trump.

Democrats should have been able to do the math in 2020. That they are apparently surprised and astonished that a 77-year old man in 2020 would be... (checks notes) 81 in 2024 is more an indictment of their inability to do simple arithmetic than anything else.
              Last edited by chemiclord; June 30, 2024, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Democrats were only interested in stopping Trump in 2020, hell or high water. They were not thinking of 2024. If they were they would have put their money behind Mayor Pete or another young candidate. Obama got them in line behind Biden and fairly quickly.
                3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Wouldn't it be fuckin dope though if Gretchen Whitmer was the nominee, defeats Trump, and then the Lions win the Super Bowl and go to the White House.
                  "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                  Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.ā€‹

Comment

• Screenshot-20240705-104156-Chrome.jpg
                    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.ā€‹

Comment

• President Joe Biden steps down, won't run for re-election, but is supporting VP Kamala Harris as his replacement.
                      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

• Better late than never, I guess.

Comment

• Now Senator Joe Manchin is thinking about becoming a Democrat again.

He's currently listed as an Independent, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that he's doing this to muck up the Democratic Convention and what VP Harris trying to do in getting the Democratic nomination.
                          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Harris would lose to Trump
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                              Harris would lose to Trump
                              Nope. She'll win in a landslide.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Nobody is "winning in a landslide." I don't care who the candidates are. Pretty much any major candidate can count on roughly 45% of the vote. Each national election is fighting over that small sliver of low-information, "independent" voters and mobilizing their own base.

Comment

Working...
                                X