Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

The thing that people like Whitley don't understand that if they let these fuckers take over the country as they are trying to do, the will never get any of the shit that they want because they won't get a chance to vote "their" guy into office

The Repubs are trying to stack the deck and have been doing a pretty good job of it, regardless of whether the majority of Americans agree with them or not.
    I understand very well what Trump is capable of. Maybe, just maybe the Dems should run some that could actually crush Trump. Every time Trump runs it is an existential crisis. America on the line. If they believe it so damn much then don't they owe it to the country to run the best possible candidate even if that is not President Biden?

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

I understand very well what Trump is capable of. Maybe, just maybe the Dems should run some that could actually crush Trump. Every time Trump runs it is an existential crisis. America on the line. If they believe it so damn much then don't they owe it to the country to run the best possible candidate even if that is not President Biden?
      Other than Franklin Pierce no elected incumbent who chose to run for reelection has ever not been its party's nominee.

You are tilting at windmills.

Don't Vote. Let Trump win. See how many of the things that you feel are important ever come to pass...in your lifetime
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• As long as one party is going to be fascist-adjacent and run people who have publicly yearned to be a dictator... yes, every election is going to be for the soul of the nation, whether Trump is on the ballot or not.

Buckle up, buttercup.

Comment

• I somehow managed to pay attention through that speech.
          3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
          10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Wow. Katie Britt is an SNL skit in the making.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Is anyone else getting Tammy Baker vibes from this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

A higher percentage of people that back Bernie voted for HRC in 2016 than HRC backers voted for Obama in 2008

There is an estimated 57K of Arab Americans that live in Georgia. And about 123k of Muslims that live there in a state where where Biden won by 10,500 in 2020. He won Michigan by 154k in 2020. There are 290k Arab Americans there and around 241k of Muslims.

Gaza is an animating force not just in the Arab communities but the younger generations too. Biden is bleeding arab-Americans, young people, African-Americans AND Latinos. These are key core demographics of the Democratic Party and it underscores in big red lines Biden's weakness as a presidential candidate.

The only reason Biden won in 2020 is because Trump totally bungled COVID-19. If he handles it halfway decently Trump landslides his ass to reelection. As it was if Trump finds 44,834 votes over Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin and NE-2 he wins.

Rep. Debbie Dingall is raising the same concerns about Michigan this time around that she raised to the HRC camp back in 2016. The problem is that Biden (even in 2020) is a micromanager, very arrogant and slow to make a decision. I imagine that 4 years of mental decline and insulating nature of the White House has not helped matters.

Did I expect Biden to get all those things through Congress? Absolutely not. But he dithered around for a year plus trying to compromise with a party that has absolutely no interest in governing. He allowed for the opposition to marshall their forces and unite to attack whatever policies he wanted to do. The vast majority of time it looks like he is incapable of putting the effort in.

Again, your solution to the Gaza issue is to say, "Israel is our friend but we are cutting off aid." That is a recipe for a fucking electoral rout. Maybe that's what you want.

Again, if you think Trump is better on the issue, then vote for him Trumper. I personally think Trump would let Netanyahu run unabated and it would make the Gaza issue even worse.

Comment

• Katie Britt is the girl in Animal House that wears rubber gloves while giving a handjob

Comment

• It was interesting hearing Biden say that thousands of people have been killed by illegals. He didn’t seem that concerned when he took office.
                    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
                    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Again, your solution to the Gaza issue is to say, "Israel is our friend but we are cutting off aid." That is a recipe for a fucking electoral rout. Maybe that's what you want.

Again, if you think Trump is better on the issue, then vote for him Trumper. I personally think Trump would let Netanyahu run unabated and it would make the Gaza issue even worse.
                      Trump is already on record saying that Israel should "finish the job."

Comment

• Whitley wants to believe that there was something Biden could have done that would have compelled Israel to stop.

It isn't true, but he'll cling to that belief until Trump is taking the oath of office, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          This country is fucked.
                          If there ever was a 4 word sentence to close and lock a thread, ….., ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Thats it.

Same applies with the UK…… a narrative heard yesterday on the mighty BBC Radio 2….. get rid of Sunak, bring back BOJO! 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The WORLD is fucked.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Got a text message from a cousin.

“Reckon Biden might “loose” this election.”

Replied, “Yes, he might need to tighten things up.”

Would’ve gone straight over his head.

Speaking of straight over his head……. He once asked, “So do you like Dire Straights?”

Replied, “That so was not fucking necessary and it’s fucking Straits. You fucking looser!”
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Trump is a Zionist also. If he knows what that even means.
                              He is a slave to the radical Christian base and will do nothing even though the Zionist hate the Christians as much as the Muslims

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

You reading comprehension must be really low since I have said repeatedly that I will not vote for Trump. So GTFO with that BS.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X