Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we wait on TLL’s response……. i’ll respond.

Yes its fucking true.

We live semi rural in South Queensferry, just outside Edinburgh. Our last oil tank refill was £288. That was back in March.
    Quote for next one is £649.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• This is a big problem with "let the market decide," because if companies think they can get away with it, they will happily pass the costs onto consumers, then as they rake in the profits, swear up and down that they had no choice.

"You have to believe us! Yeah, we make 300 billion in profits, but if we didn't raise prices in the face of these oppressive taxes, we'd be broke!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
        [SIZE=18px][B]

So much for those who say conservative parties need to adopt the left’s climate agenda to court younger voters. Net zero has turned the Tories into the party that is impoverishing Britain. As steep a price as the party may one day pay at the polls for this blunder, households already are paying dearly today."
        Yes, maximizing fracking is definitely the answer. Developing new technologies is for pussies. And fuk the climate!
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Damn, you'd think he'd have bust a nut at least once with a name like that.
          Naw

He'd just get red and explode on everyone
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• A guy I used to work with said when he was in the Navy one of his fellow Seaman had the last name Cannon. No idea if it was true, or if he made it up to be funny, but it's great either way.

Comment

• At least his last name wasn't Drinker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                For London Lion. From WSJ today. Lion: is this article true?

"There are catastrophes and calamities, and then there’s what’s happening in the United Kingdom’s energy market. Reports this week point to spiraling costs for households and businesses this winter, pushing millions of Britons closer to poverty. It’s a steep price for climate alarmism.

Households are likely to see the average bill for electricity and natural gas climb to £4,400 ($5,370) a year in the first half of 2023, according to a report this week from Cornwall Insight, a consulting firm. This is after the regulatory price cap shot up 54% to about £2,000 in April with another 40%-plus increase due in October and further increases after that.

Britain’s median income after direct taxes is £31,400. Skyrocketing fuel prices could push 10.5 million households, or one-third, into fuel poverty next year, says the End Fuel Poverty Coalition. Fuel poverty is when energy costs drag household disposable income below the government’s official poverty line.

That doesn’t include the energy costs households pay indirectly. Businesses, whose prices aren’t capped, have seen electricity costs rise in the past year between 45% and 122% depending on company size, and gas prices between 131% and 185%. These costs inevitably will be passed on via higher prices, lower wages or lower returns to pension savers.
                Politicians are eager to dodge responsibility for this disaster, and Russia offers a convenient excuse. Vladimir Putin’s Ukraine invasion and the resulting energy supply disruptions have pushed up global natural-gas prices. Some 86% of households in England rely on natural gas for hot water and central heating, and gas powers one-third of Britain’s electricity generation, the most of any single source.

But these trends are inseparable from Britain’s homegrown fixation with achieving net-zero CO2 emissions by 2050. That’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s worst mistake, which is making the energy crisis worse.

Start with the direct costs, such as taxes and levies. Various green charges add £153 to the annual household bill, the industry regulator says. But other net-zero costs lurk in household energy bills and budgets. The electric grid operator spent about £3.4 billion over the past year on balancing costs to match supply to demand in real time—a cost that tends to be higher due to the unreliability of wind and solar, and that’s passed to consumers by utilities. Higher commercial energy costs mean higher prices for goods and services.

Another imponderable is how much lower gas prices would be if Britain produced more itself. Conservative Party administrations have flirted for years with proposals for shale-gas fracking in northern England only to lose their nerve. Lately the party has grown hostile to North Sea drilling, as companies see a government promising to diminish the industry under net zero while imposing windfall profits taxes.

Britain’s energy emergency is a growing threat to an economy expected to be among the developed world’s worst performers next year. It’s a political emergency for the Tories, who are in the process of replacing Mr. Johnson. Former Chancellor Rishi Sunak and Foreign Secretary Liz Truss both say they support fracking and lower taxes on energy bills, although both still pay lip service to net zero. There’s little evidence environmentally minded voters give the Tories credit for net zero and ample evidence voters of all persuasions blame the party for the energy-price crisis.

So much for those who say conservative parties need to adopt the left’s climate agenda to court younger voters. Net zero has turned the Tories into the party that is impoverishing Britain. As steep a price as the party may one day pay at the polls for this blunder, households already are paying dearly today."
                Yes, although the newest projections have it at 15% higher than the figure quoted in that article. I’d expect it will be the same in a lot of European countries with no end in sight in the war in Ukraine.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

Yes, although the newest projections have it at 15% higher than the figure quoted in that article. I’d expect it will be the same in a lot of European countries with no end in sight in the war in Ukraine.
                  Frickin Biden
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Frickin Biden
                    US inflation seems to be coming under control- ours is gonna hit 19% in January combined with a likely global recession with no obvious end to the war in Ukraine in sight.

Not good. Disastrous frankly. The US is better insulated from it than Europe, which is fucked.

Comment

• I was joking. Sheesh

Comment

• Nah I know you were, just saying you guys seem to doing alright now relative. I wouldn’t be surprised if the US avoids recession which doesn’t look an option here.

Comment

• This group of crazies is here every Tuesday, not far from my house. I want so badly to put up my own sign with an arrow: "Loser Support Group Meeting!! -------->"

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                            This group of crazies is here every Tuesday, not far from my house. I want so badly to put up my own sign with an arrow: "Loser Support Group Meeting!! -------->"

Good Lord. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Good Lord. What the fuck is wrong with these people?
                              You'd probably get a shorter list asking what isn't wrong with those people.

Comment

• Do they drive about town in that “TRUMP UNITY” bandwagon thing?

Got to look at the positive here. (Basing the positivity on it possibly being you who videoed the footage, Deborah and living in suburban Detroit) ——>> there are not many Trumpets there.

And that is one loud as fk indicator signal sound in the car!
                                "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Working...
                                X