Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the beat goes on...
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
      So you have the best products but not the best sales and that's a win? I stand by my point that the right has rallied behind them. They themselves recognized their Anti-LGBT donations as problematic though and are changing them. They aren't changing it because they want to. They are doing it for sales. That is very much counter to your stance.

No, I'm not going to stop buying their products because they close on Sundays or aid first responders. Those are asinine views on the subject. You are only making yourself look bad if you believe that nonsense. You know damn well its about the previously mentioned history of Anti-LGBT stances and Gun imagery in these cases.

I assume you're smart enough to know that. So stop with the strawman bullshit. The NFL gives to a lot of great causes too that i could claim people are against if they boycotted over Kaepernick but we'd both know that's not true. So get out of here with that nonsense.
      Pretty hard to understand this word salad.

So you are not boycotting CFA? What did they do regarding LGBTQ+ that gets your goat?

Comment

• What's difficult to understand about being closed on Sundays or supporting first responders NOT being the reasons people boycott?

People aren't anti-Christian. They are against forcing Christian beliefs on others. Like donating to organizations that lobby to do so politically.

They caved and changed where their money went. Because their views WERE costing them money.

Do you really think people are against first responders? I sincerely hope you're smarter than that.
        Chick-fil-A said that it has stopped donations to a pair of Christian organizations after receiving backlash from LGBT rights activists.

Comment

• Full House Reaction GIF
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

What's difficult to understand about being closed on Sundays or supporting first responders NOT being the reasons people boycott?

People aren't anti-Christian. They are against forcing Christian beliefs on others. Like donating to organizations that lobby to do so politically.

They caved and changed where their money went. Because their views WERE costing them money.

Do you really think people are against first responders? I sincerely hope you're smarter than that.
            This started with Black Rifle Coffee and I brought in CFA. I'm not entirely sure that stopping CFA from donating to the Salvation Army moves the needle much. You make a good point about CFA dropping its donations due to its effect on sales. I think companies should look to the bottom line and try their best not to offend their customers by entering into political debates. But now with ESG and with DEI, the federal government is injecting politics into the regulation of businesses. I'd be fine with the government staying out of business and business staying out of politics.

Are you boycotting CFA? Have you ever had Black Rifle?

Comment

• Coffee is disgusting so there is zero chance I'd ever try Black Rifle. There's not been a Chick-fil-A near me until recently and I'm not really dying to try it. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm boycotting but it's also impossible for their product to be so good that I just have to have it. I don't feel that way about much of anything.

Comment

• I’ve read a lot of over the top stuff in this thread but “coffee is disgusting”….

you shouldn’t be allowed to vote

Comment

• Anyone buying MyPillow?
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Coffee is disgusting so there is zero chance I'd ever try Black Rifle. There's not been a Chick-fil-A near me until recently and I'm not really dying to try it. I wouldn't necessarily say I'm boycotting but it's also impossible for their product to be so good that I just have to have it. I don't feel that way about much of anything.
                    Coffee is delicious my friend. You just need someone to make it right for you. There is a hotel in downtown Chicago that has the absolute best coffee I have ever drank. It cost us around $300/day to stay there for my birthday weekend last year and I would go back just for that coffee. My goodness it was so delicious.

Comment

• Putting this here to not clutter the NFL News thread with politics (as if that ever stopped anyone here 🤔)

Tom Brady: Relationship with Donald Trump was “mischaracterized a lot”

Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2022, 2:58 PM EDT

Getty Images

In 2015, long before a certain red hat with four words in white letters became as divisive as any headwear has ever been, Tom Brady had one on his locker.

Brady also said, as to whether the progenitor of said hat has what it takes to become the U.S. president, this: “I hope so. That would be great. There would be a putting green on the White House lawn. I’m sure of that.”

That was before the eventual 45th president split the country, 50-50. As he became more polarizing, Brady stepped away. Now, Brady is basically disowning Donald Trump.

I haven’t talked to him in a lot of years,” Brady said in his new Variety interview.

Brady was reminded that the impression was created at one point that the two men seemed to be close friends.

“I think they just mischaracterized a lot,” Brady said. “And my personality isn’t ever one to insult anybody. I have plenty of my own flaws. I’m not here to point out anyone else’s flaws. There are things that I agree with. There are things that I don’t. There are things I agree with my wife about. There are things that I don’t. I love her to death, but we don’t always see eye to eye. I don’t see eye to eye with anyone. And I’m not responsible for what other people say. I’m really responsible for what I say. So if people want to say things that I said or that I’m about, that’s up to them, and I’m not going to respond to all those things all the time either."

Even if the situation wasn’t inherently destined to alienate a large chunk of the audience, Brady isn’t wired to piss off anyone. He suppresses his beliefs because he hates controversy. And if he’d had any idea that the hat in his locker from seven years ago would have become what it became, that hat never would have been there.

Comment

• Certainly that way with the media and fans at least. I think the dude loves pissing ppl off on gameday.

Comment

• He's no Ebron.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Ebron should have went in the music industry. Can you imagine him dropping the beats?
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It's not a stretch to imagine him dropping anything.

Comment

• Exactly
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X