Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google and Apple are now not satisfied with censoring what they own, they're blocking their customers from using apps they don't approve of, because those apps aren't being aggressive at censoring as they demand.

And you all are cheering it on...

Big Brother has arrived, and it's in the form of the mega-corporations that serve the Leviathan state. The state is too incompetent to carry out the censorship and thought control, but the big tech companies have the expertise.

I would remind you to be careful what you advocate for, as it can be turned and used against you...but that would be of no use.
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• You didn't here that from me, I am very consistent in wanting police departments to deescalate. That thing could have gotten a lot worse. But you don't reduce the capitol to smoldering ashes(your words) without killing a lot of people. If the pipe bombs and molotov cocktails went off, there would have been a lot more deaths.

Comment

• I don't weep for the death of tyrants, btw. They've made their entire parasitic existence off from stealing, looting, killing, and destroying the lives of countless people.

They can live by the sword, die by it. Don't care.

I would find the death of any "patriot" fighting against the tyrants unfortunate, sad, unnecessary. But I understand the game they're caught up in, and if they choose to play it, they choose the consequences.
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• So it sounds like you would have found more deaths amusing.

Comment

• I don't think the right to free speech also means the right to use any platform you choose, so I am fine with Twitter and Facebook banning POSPOTUS. But I'm also cognizant that the market might support a Twitter for racists/extremists so it will probably be a short time before one exists. I would think you would support such free enterprise, Dave. 👍

The Google and Apple issue is a lot more complex though than the Twitter ban. I'll be curious to see if any legal challenges arise from that one.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Slow (ish) reader......., just took 20 minutes to read the last 4 pages....., and WOW!

This is only a small little corner of the American public on the internet on an NFL site for the shittest team to ever exist......., and if YOU guys are THIS polarised in your individual views (that's polarized for Jaadam), then there is absolutely no fucking hope for any semblance of a peaceful, harmonious future for the rest of the USA & indeed, the world.

Jaysus H Christ. Not offended by anything at all in this thread, Deborah........., but scared out of my tiny mind!
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I don't apologize for not caring about murderers. My statements make it quite clear where I stand on death as a result of state worship.

Anyway, I hope someone addresses my Whitmer /Obama question, because they just don't strike me as the Genghis Khan type...in fact, none of those pencil-necked cowards throughout the ranks of government do...they're just poltroons and parasites that have others carry out their murderous fantasies for them.

So, that's a start, right? The world just got less violent by millions of cowardly sociopaths that would have their tool of violence taken away from them...

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  ... the market might support a Twitter for racists/extremists so it will probably be a short time before one exists.
                  I don't think it will. That is to say, I don't think the market will be allowed to provide such a service, as it will be attacked by the state and its lapdog tech giants.

And yes, I do support the freedom of speech I disagree with. People used to hold that as a virtue.
                  Last edited by unknown lions fan; January 9, 2021, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    I don't think the right to free speech also means the right to use any platform you choose, so I am fine with Twitter and Facebook banning POSPOTUS. But I'm also cognizant that the market might support a Twitter for racists/extremists so it will probably be a short time before one exists. I would think you would support such free enterprise, Dave. 👍

The Google and Apple issue is a lot more complex though than the Twitter ban. I'll be curious to see if any legal challenges arise from that one.
                    Matt Yglesias brought this up today, a lot of the censorship arguments are based on the big silos as Facebook and Twitter dominating now. Prior to social media, discourse was much more disperse. This forum is a throwback to the old days. But even in the old days people could get banned for whatever platform they were talking from.

As far as breaking up big tech, you won't find an argument from me.

Comment

• You can literally spin up a server yourself and hook it up to the internet and post your views to your hearts content.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        ...and if YOU guys are THIS polarised in your individual views (that's polarized for Jaadam), then there is absolutely no ...
                        Americans don't deserve the status of any kind of beacon for freedom, Marko.

They live too comfortably under the umbrella of the biggest, most expansive empire in the history of the world. They fuss about left/right statist ideologies while their Superstate unleashes murder and mayhem all over the planet. It occupies every corner of the world with its military bases, and they don't care - nay - they cheer it on.

They don't have to pay for all of the militarism because the Leviathan State is rolling the printing presses and putting future generations into debt slavery.

They're on a full-fledged march to 'ism hell.

Comment

• It must be hell on earth living your comfortable life knowing everyone around you is a statist and you haven't convinced many(if any) of the errors of their ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            It must be hell on earth living your comfortable life knowing everyone around you is a statist and you haven't convinced many(if any) of the errors of their ways.
                            I know you're being sarcastic, but it isn't easy watching the hell developing around me. I have a 12 year old boy that's going to be in the eye of this storm.

I used to think it would still be a long time before the shit hit the fan here, but the events of the past year have me on high alert, and the signs ain't positive, and they keep coming.

I will repeat that I am under no delusion of changing anything. I'll just lash out against the beast that is the root cause of all of it, from time time.

Comment

• Your son is 12 already?!?

At least you are living in paradise now, hopefully he will be well-insulated from much of what may go down...
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I'm actually not being sarcastic. You probably consider everyone in here unelightened slaves and I wonder why you even associate with such people. I think dwt1 has less contempt for other members. As if nobody else has kids, someone who laughs at us when we are concerned about what went down on Wednessay.
                                Last edited by froot loops; January 9, 2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X