Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
    I mean, I understand the lack of faith in the news for its biases. What's baffling is how that translates into getting your info from even less credible sources and believing it unquestionably.
    This. So much this.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Because it truly doesn't matter what the source is or its credibility. All that matters is that it tells them what they want to hear in the first place.

They aren't looking for information. They are searching for validation.
      I think it’s almost deeper than that - they want to feel like they’re part of something. They’ve got the inside rail on everyone else who are “sheeple” brainwashed by the “MSM”.

I’ve got a friend here who believes there are underground child trafficking tunnels between London and New York, Hillary and Obama were going to Guantanamo, Putin is waging war in Ukraine to uncover cabal biolabs and all kinds of crazy shit. He’s spent years down this rabbit hole and despite NOTHING coming true he keeps doubling down cos he’s so invested in the bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
        I’ve got a friend here who believes there are underground child trafficking tunnels between London and New York, Hillary and Obama were going to Guantanamo, Putin is waging war in Ukraine to uncover cabal biolabs and all kinds of crazy shit. He’s spent years down this rabbit hole and despite NOTHING coming true he keeps doubling down cos he’s so invested in the bullshit.
        Holy fuck. I hope that friend and his computer searches are being monitored by the intelligence agencies.

Sounds like a “FUKIN AAAAAARGH” rifle out the locker & blast blast blast” case.
        Jaysus H Fox. Scary biscuits, TLL.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
          Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen ColbertDunno like…….. since my wife got the 3rd Covid booster, the Alexa thing can read her mind.
          Just the other day we were sitting looking through our phones, all quiet, then it blurted out, “No Sacha, he’ll not make the dinner. Get off your arse and get it made woman.”

Definitely something going on!
          I LOVE the name Sacha. I meant to tell her that when we spoke on the phone a few years back.
          GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post

I LOVE the name Sacha. I meant to tell her that when we spoke on the phone a few years back.
            You hitting on ma wife ya bawbag!!

Yeah, wow that was a great call. We were doing our VERY best to sound posh! Hahaha. I remember i said, “Hey there DanO boy, whats happening man, hows things?”

And you said, “Wow. What did you say?!”

Knew i had to lose the Scottish a bit and slow down!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• This is more appropriate here...

Commanders investigation sparks partisan fight within House Oversight Committee

Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2022, 8:12 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Politics has become more and more partisan in recent years. That dynamic has infected the Congressional investigation of the Washington Commanders.

The leading Democratic and Republican members of the U.S. House Oversight & Reform Committee are openly squabbling over the probe of the NFL franchise, which started as a review of allegations of workplace misconduct but became in recent days an investigation of claims of multiple financial improprieties.

Via the Washington Post, Representative James Comer, the leading Republican on the Committee, sent a letter on Thursday to Representative Carolyn Maloney, the chairperson of the Committee and a Democrat.

“Your reckless, ends-oriented investigation is an embarrassment to our Committee and a misuse of congressional oversight authority,” Comer wrote to Maloney. “It is yet another example of Democrats exceeding the bounds of what is permissible for Congress to investigate. . . . Even if this investigation was conducted with balanced and proper fact finding, which it has not been, there is no recourse in the Oversight Committee for any of the allegedly aggrieved parties. This investigation is wasting valuable taxpayer resources — especially at a time when the American people are struggling with increasing inflation.”

The respective positions aren’t a surprise. The Democratic Party typically advocates for the causes of individuals. The Republican Party commonly sides with the interests of business and corporate America.

Representative Comer also suggested that, given the discrepancy between the letter sent last week by the Committee to the Federal Trade Commission and the response from Commanders outside counsel Jordan Siev, Representative Maloney give former Washington employee Jason Friedman the opportunity to amend his prior statements to the Committee or refer the matter to the Department of Justice for an investigation as to the veracity of the statements Friedman made.

That’s a very fair point. Someone is telling a story that isn’t the truth. Whether it’s Friedman or the team, someone with the power to get to the bottom of it needs to.

Attorney Lisa Banks, in a new statement issued on Thursday, reiterated Friedman’s position that his version is accurate. Banks’s statement also makes the clearest reference yet to a non-disclosure agreement that keeps Friedman from discussing the situation.

“Again, Mr. Friedman stands by his testimony to Congress, which was based on the actions he himself took on behalf of the team, and which was supported by contemporaneous documentation,” Banks said. “In response, he has been attacked personally and professionally by the team and now by a member of Congress. Unfortunately, Mr. Friedman remains contractually unable to defend himself publicly, but stands ready and able to answer any questions that the government, including Representative Comer, might have about his experiences or actions on behalf of the Washington Commanders.”

Representative Maloney also issue a statement in response to the letter from Representative Comer.

“I am surprised that [Comer] believes that protecting workers from toxic workplaces is not a subject worthy of the Committee’s attention, especially after both Democratic and Republican Members condemned the ‘abhorrent behavior’ revealed by the Committee’s investigation and called for more transparency,” Maloney said. “While [Comer] may believe we should have ignored troubling evidence of potential financial misconduct obtained during this investigation, I decided the more responsible course was to refer this to the Federal Trade Commission, which can now determine whether further actions are warranted. The Committee’s investigation into the team’s toxic workplace culture and the NFL’s handling of that matter will continue so we can ensure that employers are held accountable for their conduct and American workers are safe from harassment, discrimination, and other workplace misconduct.”

The sharp disagreement in the tone and content of the messages from Comer and Maloney show that the investigation has a shelf life. If the Republicans regain control of the House of Representatives via the November 2022 election, the investigation will end, regardless of whether it’s actually over.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

You hitting on ma wife ya bawbag!!

Yeah, wow that was a great call. We were doing our VERY best to sound posh! Hahaha. I remember i said, “Hey there DanO boy, whats happening man, hows things?”

And you said, “Wow. What did you say?!”

Knew i had to lose the Scottish a bit and slow down!
                I love the Scottish accent especially on Sacha. :-) My daughters birthday was yesterday. We are celebrating on Sunday. I'm grilling some T-bones along with an asparagus/brusell sprout combo in tin foil. I'm currently making a cheese cake for said occasion.
                GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

I love the Scottish accent especially on Sacha. :-) My daughters birthday was yesterday. We are celebrating on Sunday. I'm grilling some T-bones along with an asparagus/brusell sprout combo in tin foil. I'm currently making a cheese cake for said occasion.
                  I know I'll regret this, but how old is your daughter now?
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

• 23 on Monday. (I know you were asking DanO, but..... what the hell, how does this happen?).
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

I know I'll regret this, but how old is your daughter now?
                      24 Deb. Time sure flies. BTW, I spent my birthday (April 7th) in the hospital. PE or Pulmonary Embolism. A blood clot in my lungs. I was there for 3 days. I'm now on Eliquis, a blood thinner. If I cut myself and can't stop their bleeding due to thin blood I'll have to go to the ER. I'm still as ornery as ever though.
                      Last edited by DanO; April 23, 2022, 08:31 AM.
                      GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• I have to be honest, I got to the part of that commanders post that said Bank's Statement and lost interest to watch Last night's smackdown I recorded.

Comment

24 Deb. Time sure flies. BTW, I spent my birthday (April 7th) in the hospital. PE or Pulmonary Embolism. A blood clot in my lungs. I was there for 3 days. I'm now on Eliquis, a blood thinner. If I cut myself and can't stop their bleeding due to thin blood I'll have to go to the ER. I'm still as ornery as ever though.
                          24 is crazy. I still remember her as a little girl.

So sorry to hear about your health scare!! I'm glad you caught it in time.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

24 is crazy. I still remember her as a little girl.

So sorry to hear about your health scare!! I'm glad you caught it in time.
                            I still remember her as a little girl too. Time flies. I'm glad we caught in time as well. My son encouraged me to go to the ER. He actually called EMS. They told me I should go to the hospital.
                            GO LIONS "24" !!

Comment

• You Drumph clowns are still rediculous. Jaysus.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• IDK if this belongs here, but I know this has the chance of getting political, so I'm dropping this here. Fu(king sad that 14 children were murdered. I don't get what we value anymore. One of those kids could have been the person to find a way to beat Cancer. Or find a way to bring us back together. Or they could have been the parent to said person. Nobody will ever know

Texans, Cowboys issue statement on Uvalde school shooting

Posted by Mike Florio on May 24, 2022, 7:31 PM EDT

Getty Images

Another mass shooting has happened in America. Another mass shooting has happened at a school.

Fourteen elementary school students were shot and killed on Tuesday at Robb Elementary in Uvalde, Texas. The murders come only 10 days after a gunman killed 10 citizens in a Buffalo grocery store.

The NFL community has responded.

We are heartbroken by this afternoon’s tragic events in Uvalde as we mourn alongside our neighbors in Texas,” the Texans said in a statement. “To the victims, their families and the entire Uvalde community, you are held close to our hearts today and in the weeks to come.”

“The entire Dallas Cowboys organization grieves alongside the community of Uvalde and all of those affected by today’s tragic event,” the Cowboys said in their own statement. “As we mourn the loss of innocent life, our hearts and prayers are with the victims’ families, loved ones, faculty and staff of Robb Elementary.”

With no solutions on the horizon, the fact remains that to live in the United States of America means to risk dying in a mass shooting. It’s like any other risk of any other calamity that Americans assume when they leave the house. Automobile accident. Lightning strike. Mass shooting.

We know the statistics. We know the corners into which we’ll retreat politically, shouting “gun control” and “mental health” at each other so loudly that no one hears anything and nothing gets done.

It’s sad. But it’s reality. To live in the USA means to possibly die in a hail of bullets, on any given day and at any given time.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X