Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon's goal is to be able to deliver to all areas of the US but it isn't close right now.

Comment

• To deny toady DeJoy's sabotage efforts is just living in a different reality. It was well documented. And Orange Caligula made it clear that was the goal.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• The delays are still going on!! Get a package shipped first class and see how long it takes. Informed Delivery tells me when it's expected. It usually shows up 2-3 weeks later. First Class! WTF?

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
          The delays are still going on!! Get a package shipped first class and see how long it takes. Informed Delivery tells me when it's expected. It usually shows up 2-3 weeks later. First Class! WTF?
          DeJoy and all of what he's done needs to be replaced and removed pronto.
          "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
          My friend Ken L

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

It's not even pensions. THAT would at least make some sort of twisted sense.

They're being forced to prefund 75 years of potential medical costs, ON TOP OF the costs of medical insurance they're already paying employees.

And Fraq is completely full of shit. If anything, it's the OTHER WAY AROUND. FedEx, UPS, and Amazon start dumping THEIR mail on the USPS for the last mile over the holidays, because THEY can't handle the volume.
            Chem, you have no earthly idea what you are talking about - unless you have worked in this industry for the last 25 years like I have.
            It's the reverse. USPS does last mile - this is true. However, it's on USPS packages that they contract out to carriers to move - through UPS, FedEx and other carriers....

I'll give you a hint here. At just one UPS facility, in a space not much bigger than a garage - we run about 300,000lbs of U.S. mail a day.
            USPS tenders UPS the mail - First Class or Priority, whatever we have the lanes to move.
            UPS moves it across the country and the Post Office picks it up at the final airport destination - and then they process it and move it the last mile.
            And FedEX has the large contract - not UPS - so you can only imagine how much they move a day....

I can give you at least 20 different issues that come up with how USPS tenders the mail and how it affects movement through the UPS system. If they don't do their part correct (by contract), Carriers have to refuse that mail - or they risk moving it without getting paid for moving it - or in some cases worse - i.e. fines for moving items improperly tendered that aren't allowed to be moved.

I've seen the same package come back to my facility 3 times after it has been refused and the reason it was refused attached (by contract) - and they just dumped it in a bin and sent it to us the next day - rinse and repeat. You feel for the end customer waiting on it - but there is nothing you can do. USPS has to do their part first.
            Last edited by Fraquar; March 17, 2021, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• Oh bullshit. That may be true with packages, although there were never issues prior to Delay's actions. Letters that used to arrive in a day or two take weeks to be delivered. Delay fucked up the Postal Service purposely
              Last edited by CGVT; March 17, 2021, 12:16 PM.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                Oh bullshit. That may be true with packages, although there were never issues prior to Delay's actions. Letters that used to arrive in a day or two take weeks to be delivered. Delay fucked up the Postal Service purposely
                The things he's describing are generic logistics problems that ALL carriers have. The number of "recycled" packages I saw during my FedEx days would make you wonder how ANYTHING got there on time.

DeJoy really only accelerated the intentional sabotage that the largely Republican-selected Board Of Governors has been doing for the last fifteen years at least. Biden SEEMS to have realized this, and is packing the board with his guys (presuming Senate confirmation).

Comment

• Originally posted by Deuce View Post

Just a hunch but Gonz was totally MAGA right?
                  There are people who probably think I'm MAGA too because I think today's version of the left is totally unhinged, evil and utterly incompetent. And I don't really hide my feelings on that.

Truth is though I think very poorly of the right as well and do not at all identify myself as a republican or conservative.

Anyway, why are you saying the word "was" as if he's gone? Is Gonz not around here anymore?
                  Last edited by Niffla; March 17, 2021, 05:43 PM.
                  AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• He was posting but haven't seen him in a couple of months. I know he had some health issues, hoping all is well.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Long segment but well done piece on Tucker Carlson. I really think this sort of "journalism" needs to be reeled in somehow by laws/regulation. It's dangerous (and also sad and pathetic) how many parrot his white nationalist BS.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

He was posting but haven't seen him in a couple of months. I know he had some health issues, hoping all is well.
                        Thank you, Deborah.

Comment

Long segment but well done piece on Tucker Carlson. I really think this sort of "journalism" needs to be reeled in somehow by laws/regulation. It's dangerous (and also sad and pathetic) how many parrot his white nationalist BS.

I best remember Tucker Carlson as the dude who got hung by his entrails by Jon Stewart in the early aughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The things he's describing are generic logistics problems that ALL carriers have. The number of "recycled" packages I saw during my FedEx days would make you wonder how ANYTHING got there on time.

DeJoy really only accelerated the intentional sabotage that the largely Republican-selected Board Of Governors has been doing for the last fifteen years at least. Biden SEEMS to have realized this, and is packing the board with his guys (presuming Senate confirmation).
                            The Repubs have been trying to destroy the USPS and privatize it almost as long as they have been trying to destroy public schools

Fuck those fucking fucking fucks
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I only drop by here (this thread I mean) and skim very briefly during the offseason when there's no Lions news, so I have only read maybe one percent of this thread (maybe less) -- but just curious, do you guys just hate republicans/conservatives or are you all actual big believers & supporters of the democratic party? Of course these two things are obviously not mutually exclusive, lol.

Comment

• Both sides of the coin are bad. One is MUCH worse than the other though.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X