Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In some cases, both business and government might be on the same side because good judgement can be had by more than one group. In fact, if we just all agreed on good behavior, we wouldn't need the state..... oh FFS, forget it.
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
      Aren't you left-statists supposed to be against corporations and corporate control of the state?

Bonus question: Ever heard of Gabriel Kolko?
      I am against money in politics. Not against corporations - but certainly against some corporate behavior. See there are these things called nuances......

Never heard of him.
      Lions Fans.

Comment

• OK...just check out Kolko. One of the most honest left-statists I've ever encountered. He realized the left was being manipulated by the very institutions they despise, and pleaded with you to understand it.

His solutions blow, but that's because he's a statist.

<edit> but his analysis was spot-on. </edit>
        The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Oh Jaysus, now I'm a statist! Holy stupid batman!
          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Trump's bad, mmmmkay?

Sedition's bad mmmmmkay?

Fuck his twitter account, mmmkay?

Those are my points.

Mr. Mackey Mmkay GIF by South Park
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Do you believe the state is a legitimate and necessary institution?

Then you're a statist. You advocate statism. How much clearer can it be?

I know it's confusing when some of you statists call other statists statists.

It's based on what degree of statist you are, or how you disagree with another's statism. But the legitimacy of the state is always in common.

I see it all the time, and it's a hoot.
              The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• Of the people. By the people. For the people.
                Lions Fans.

Comment

• When I was a minarchist, I was a statist.

I advocated for the state. I wanted a smaller state. I wanted to reduce the size of the tumor, not cut it out.

In the words of the great Joe Sobran, the "Reluctant Anarchist:" For me this is anything but a happy conclusion. I miss the serenity of believing I lived under a good government, wisely designed and benevolent in its operation. But, as St. Paul says, there comes a time to put away childish things.
                  Last edited by unknown lions fan; January 8, 2021, 10:59 PM. Reason: minarchist typo

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

Of the people. By the people. For the people.
                    Why would you not just embrace the title "statist?" Does it have a negative connotation with you? The state is a vital and indispensable institution, and you defend its existence. Why should that be an insult?

Comment

• Oh look. reports twitter being used to organize a second coup attempt, possibly on the 17th. Who woulda thunk? Certainly no reason to censor free speach.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        Oh look. reports twitter being used to organize a second coup attempt, possibly on the 17th. Who woulda thunk? Certainly no reason to censor free speach.
                        By Orange Jesus? Or somebody else? Let's find who's responsible, and ban them! Better yet, let's shut down Twitter so they won't have a platform!!!11!!

Comment

• And lol that Bubba and Jethro were attempting a "coup." They were only upset that they'd be ruled by a different master.

Comment

• Wow... I never knew watching someone contradict themselves repeatedly in an argument for stateless liberty could be so amusing.

Power dynamics necessitate government. Someone always has the power. No matter what. Those who have the power make the rules. Those who make the rules become the state.. Anarchy is impossible long term because someone will always want more.

Technology and the amount of power available further exacerbates this.

Government merely serves as a system that administers the power and potentially puts a cap on how much one can have.

In an anarchist world hypothetically let's say Amazon could literally own you. They have the money, they have the nukes. they have the tanks and they have the Technology. No cap on their power has given them the ability to completely remove your liberty.

Not all but some people have bad intentions and some will always crave more power no matter how much they have.

Perhaps my example is extreme. So let's simplify it. In a world of personal responsibility and liberty Slavery is absolutely assured. I don't want to hear how I'm a slave to the government. Yes they restrict my freedoms but I have the choice to go live elsewhere under another set of agreed upon liberties. If some sort of power structure does not exist to prevent people from owning other people then they will.

It won't all be evil and violence. But those entities exist. They also just so happen to be the ones who grasp for power.

Comment

• Do you put out fires with gasoline? Or are you some kind of waterist?
                              Lions Fans.

Comment

• howdy jgspartan, happy to see you discuss without name calling and insulting. But before I address anything, I need you to point out one instance of me contradicting myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X