Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
    Too little too late.
    OK, that’s fine. I’m not gonna push the debate and no hard feelings! You are one of my favorite posters here for football and other stuff.
    3,062 carries, 15,269 yards, 5.0 yards/carry, 99 TD
    10x Pro Bowl, 6x All-Pro, 1997 MVP, 2004 NFL HoF

Comment

• Originally posted by Sanders Fan View Post

OK, that’s fine. I’m not gonna push the debate and no hard feelings! You are one of my favorite posters here for football and other stuff.
      Fair enough. I need to get out of this thread too, but before I go... Ha!

Good policy and bad policy are temporary as are good and bad presidents, but if we lose our democracy (I know. Democratic Republic) it will be gone forever.

Trump is the biggest threat to our democracy since the civil war. Nothing has come close. Don't take my word for it. Take him at his.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Although certain Americans who receive their daily news from television and social media may not realize it, President Joe Biden has already accomplished an incredible amount in his two-plus years in office. These accomplishments are of great importance to the people of our nation and the world. A dozen major accomplishments follow:

1. President Biden fought for and signed the American Rescue Plan which protected workers’ pensions, provided funding to communities and businesses devastated by COVID-19, lowered or eliminated insurance premiums for millions of lower- and middle-income families, provided funds for affordable housing, provided money for public safety and crime reduction, provided support to small business, expanded food assistance programs in homes and schools, expanded child care programs, invested in mental health and health care centers, added $40 billion for investing in American workers, provided funding to the economies of tribal nations, and supported families with children. Child poverty has already been cut in half as a result of his efforts.

2. He signed a $1 trillion infrastructure bill to repair our roads, waterways, bridges and railroads, and bring high-speed internet to rural communities. Also included is money for public transit and airports, electric vehicles and low emission public transportation, power infrastructure, and clean water.

3. Biden signed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act. This law provides incentives for states to pass red flag laws, expands the law that prevents people convicted of domestic abuse from gun ownership, expands background checks on young people between 18 and 21 who want to buy a gun, and allocates funds for the mental health of young people.

4. He instituted an executive order raising standards for law enforcement agencies, with particular emphasis on use-of-force policies, availability of body cameras, and recruitment and retention of officers.

5. He brought the unemployment rate down to a low of 3.5%, matching the lowest rate before the pandemic. Biden’s administration has added 13.2 million jobs since he came into office, replacing all of the jobs that were lost at the beginning of the COVID pandemic. Today there are more people in America working today than ever before!

6. He signed a bill to help veterans who have long been suffering from the effects of burn pits.

7. Biden ended the war in Afghanistan, the longest war in U.S. history. Over 120,000 people were safely evacuated, double the number calculated by the most optimistic experts.

8. He has steadfastly supported Ukraine after this democratic country was unjustly invaded by Putin and Russia, and has successfully led the free world by lobbying NATO and other allies to add their financial and military support.

9. He signed the Inflation Reduction Act, making health insurance plans more affordable, lowering drug costs, preventing millions of Americans from losing their Affordable Care Act insurance, and requiring Medicare to negotiate the cost of 10 high-cost prescription drugs.

10. Biden signed the CHIPS and Science Act, providing funding to produce semiconductor chips for automobiles, cellphones, laptops, gaming consoles, washing machines, etc. here in the Unites States rather than continuing to rely on China.

11. His administration has provided over $369 million to reduce greenhouse emissions by 40% in the next seven years and promote clean energy technologies, moving our country to greater self-sufficiency in energy production.

12. He signed the Postal Service Reform Act to modernize and stabilize the U.S. Post Office and also to help it continue to deliver mail six days every week, focusing on on-time delivery.

Other accomplishments include the reestablishment of respect among our allies on the world stage, the Violence Against Women Act, the Respect for Marriage Act, pardoning those convicted of simple marijuana possession, appointing Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson (the first Black woman on the Supreme Court), forgiving certain student loans, and electoral reforms to ensure that election results are not undermined.

These significant accomplishments reveal the Biden administration as an extremely progressive, productive administration — one that has already had a dramatic and very positive impact on all Americans.
        Thanks, man, I didn't have the time or the energy. If nothing else, it's a great reminder of why I usually steer clear of conversations about politics...
        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Fair enough. I need to get out of this thread too, but before I go... Ha!

Good policy and bad policy are temporary as are good and bad presidents, but if we lose our democracy (I know. Democratic Republic) it will be gone forever.

Trump is the biggest threat to our democracy since the civil war. Nothing has come close. Don't take my word for it. Take him at his.
            Again CNN talking point #1. Think for yourself man. They are trying to scare you. Biden has done more to threaten our democracy than anyone. Point #1 trying to put your chief political rival in prison. Nothing more threatening than that. And to make matters worse many of the things Biden and liberal media acuse trump of the Biden family is actually guilty of. People need to wake up. It's like the general public is being hypnotized by media and can't see the obvious truth right in front of them anymore.

Comment

• “Think for yourself man”? Oh boy…
              "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• Here's going to be a shocking bit of truth to people who are insistent on some sort of conspiracy.

Contrary to how Trump tried to run the Department of Justice, it isn't supposed to be the President's Attorney. It's supposed to operate independently specifically to prevent the scenario that reactionaries are so bitter about. It's why it's been handed off to a special prosecutor.

If you honestly want to believe that Joe Biden is both so old and senile that he can't even speak properly, but is also simultaneously overseeing something like forty criminal, civil, and procedural charges against Trump in three states and two separate federal courts... I don't know what to tell you that will penetrate this alternate reality you've constructed for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by lionsfan20 View Post

Again CNN talking point #1. Think for yourself man. They are trying to scare you. Biden has done more to threaten our democracy than anyone. Point #1 trying to put your chief political rival in prison. Nothing more threatening than that. And to make matters worse many of the things Biden and liberal media acuse trump of the Biden family is actually guilty of. People need to wake up. It's like the general public is being hypnotized by media and can't see the obvious truth right in front of them anymore.
                  Plus, the popular girl is dating the football player....... which is weird or something!!!!!!!

Angry The Lord Of The Rings GIF
                  Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    If you honestly want to believe that Joe Biden is both so old and senile that he can't even speak properly, but is also simultaneously overseeing something like forty criminal, civil, and procedural charges against Trump in three states and two separate federal courts... I don't know what to tell you that will penetrate this alternate reality you've constructed for yourself.
                    Actually part of the conspiracy is that Biden is a puppet. These kinds of conspiracies about the deep state are nothing new and go back at least to the 1950s.

Comment

Actually part of the conspiracy is that Biden is a puppet. These kinds of conspiracies about the deep state are nothing new and go back at least to the 1950s.
                      The conspiracy isn’t new, but the number of people actively buying into it is.
                      "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Yeah, and also he likes ice cream. Fukkin weirdo!
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by mason reese View Post

The conspiracy isn’t new, but the number of people actively buying into it is.
                          Times change but most people believe in at least a conspiracy. Sometimes it’s easier to swallow a conspiracy that what happens in reality. Like the saying goes “the truth can be stranger than fiction”.

Comment

• Originally posted by lionsfan20 View Post

LOLLOLO, nice self awareness here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Lagoon58 View Post

LOLLOLO, nice self awareness here.
                              Just like a dog licking its balls in public
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• But more embarassing.
                                Last edited by dpatnod; February 6, 2024, 08:10 PM.
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X