Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The operative phrase from Iron Lion was "breached the capitol by force

And your article is about Jan 6. Iron Lion seems to think there were other times. That is what I was asking him about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      The operative phrase from Iron Lion was "breached the capitol by force

And your article is about Jan 6. Iron Lion seems to think there were other times. That is what I was asking him about.
      I'm being sarcastic. Jan 6 *was* the first time the Confederate flag breached the Capitol by force.

To the other MAGA klondike,

I don't recall saying that the summer riots of 2020 were good or ok. But none of this is a defense for Jan 6. No amount of carnage and destruction is comparable to attempting to overthrow the government. The mere existence of the secret service implies that the life of the president is literally more important than a potentially unlimited number of citizens. It would seem to follow that the lives of Congress and the Capitol are more important than police stations and Mom 'n' Pop shops. Jan 6 was a bigger deal, like it or not. You seem to think it was just a smash and loot (and rub shit on the walls). You seem to forget that they were chanting "Hang Mike Pence" and "Naaaaancyyyyyy". These MAGA morons got into the rotunda. What do you think they would've done had the Number 2 and Number 3 been in there? I think that they would've executed those two and then attempted to hold their own special session and "give" all of the disputed states to Trump. Or maybe just fuck it and give him 100% of the electoral college. At this point, despite this situation obviously being a complete clown show, the fate of democracy would be in the hands of the military, or perhaps a few generals. It's quite clear this was the intent of a portion of the rioters. Haven't you heard what these wackos tried to do to your governor in Michigan?
      Last edited by Iron Lion; September 18, 2022, 12:46 PM. Reason: Mixed up my MAGA people
      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Photo ID has been found constitutional every time it has been tested (at least where there is no cost to obtaining one).

I suspect you are one of those who are too lazy or stupid to get one. Your call for a constitutional amendment in order to ALLOW photo ID supports my point (that you are lazy or stupid). What you really want is for me to pay higher taxes so you can vote yourself more and better welfare.

I develop real estate in CA. I've seen what it is. They allow EVERYONE to vote if you even look 18. This is democracy to you, but it turns into one-party rule of the welfare/public sector union base of the Dem party.

The EC protects citizens of the other states from being ruled by California. Hillary ran up a 3+million vote majority in CA in 2016. That would have been closer to one million had CA had the same fraud-prevention measures as Delaware.
        Yes, and abortion was found constitutional every time it was tested, until it wasn't. The supreme court just has opinions about the constitution. We can all see what it says and it is the law of the land. There is no mention of photography.

Of course I have an ID. It appears as though you're the one who is too lazy or stupid to answer a simple question. I said photo ID required to vote IN EXCHANGE FOR abolishment of the EC. You seem to be implying that minors and illegal aliens are pumping the Dem vote so your counterpoint to the EC is completely missing the point. If you're also worried about massive dumps of fraud or some shit then where's your evidence? Conservative wackos audited Arizona and Biden votes went up. We recounted like 5 times between Wisconsin and Georgia. Biden votes went up while Trump pressured officials to find him 11,000 votes. Where's the fraud? You literally think California is pumping up Dem votes to win by 3M instead of 1M? Where is the fraud? We've checked three battleground states. If there's no widespread fraud in battleground states, where is it? Why California? What. The. Fuck?
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• They lost = fraud.

They never make any sense, or have anything but grievances and 'perceptions'.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• When guys like Da Geezer and Klondike are saying about January 6th is they want a free pass to try and overthrow the government. If it fails, they want everyone to go on like it never happened.

Comment

• Da Geezer was probably one of Meshaun Maddock's fake electors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Yes, and abortion was found constitutional every time it was tested, until it wasn't. The supreme court just has opinions about the constitution. We can all see what it says and it is the law of the land. There is no mention of photography.

Of course I have an ID. It appears as though you're the one who is too lazy or stupid to answer a simple question. I said photo ID required to vote IN EXCHANGE FOR abolishment of the EC. You seem to be implying that minors and illegal aliens are pumping the Dem vote so your counterpoint to the EC is completely missing the point. If you're also worried about massive dumps of fraud or some shit then where's your evidence? Conservative wackos audited Arizona and Biden votes went up. We recounted like 5 times between Wisconsin and Georgia. Biden votes went up while Trump pressured officials to find him 11,000 votes. Where's the fraud? You literally think California is pumping up Dem votes to win by 3M instead of 1M? Where is the fraud? We've checked three battleground states. If there's no widespread fraud in battleground states, where is it? Why California? What. The. Fuck?
                These people want voting laws and restrictions in place that protect the interests of their overlords. Remember when Trump thought he would win the popular vote but lose the EC? They were going to riot. Until it flipped, then they love the EC.

They bitch and whine when districts are redrawn in dem favor but cheer when they favor the right.

They want voting ID laws to reduce voter turn out because there is a left wing majority in this country. The more who vote, the bigger they lose. They can never respect the choice of the country so they find ways to change the rules.

By their logic next time we play Green Bay Rodgers should only be allowed to throw left handed and must wear an eye patch. And Jones must play barefoot. So everything is equal.

Comment

• You want to know why people won't stop talking about Trump? This crazy shit is why.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vide...salutes-2022-9
                  QAnon song plays and MAGA supporters give unusual finger salute as Trump speaks at JD Vance rally in Ohio, video shows

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    You want to know why people won't stop talking about Trump? This crazy shit is why.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vide...salutes-2022-9
                    QAnon song plays and MAGA supporters give unusual finger salute as Trump speaks at JD Vance rally in Ohio, video shows

That salute has been around for awhile. Wonder how many were doing it. Like a lot or a few. There are famous pics of Paul McCartney using it as well as many hip hop artists from J-Zee to Eminem. It's used as a joke reference to others..

Comment

• That's pretty much what the QAnon cult does; they appropriate already existing imagery or symbols, make them mean something else to each other, then think they're being slick when called out on it. It's a level of complexity you usually see in eleven-year-olds on the playground.

"What do you mean? This is just the 'okay' sign! Stop being so sensitive, libtard!"
                      Last edited by chemiclord; September 19, 2022, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

I'm being sarcastic. Jan 6 *was* the first time the Confederate flag breached the Capitol by force.

To the other MAGA klondike,

I don't recall saying that the summer riots of 2020 were good or ok. But none of this is a defense for Jan 6. No amount of carnage and destruction is comparable to attempting to overthrow the government. The mere existence of the secret service implies that the life of the president is literally more important than a potentially unlimited number of citizens. It would seem to follow that the lives of Congress and the Capitol are more important than police stations and Mom 'n' Pop shops. Jan 6 was a bigger deal, like it or not. You seem to think it was just a smash and loot (and rub shit on the walls). You seem to forget that they were chanting "Hang Mike Pence" and "Naaaaancyyyyyy". These MAGA morons got into the rotunda. What do you think they would've done had the Number 2 and Number 3 been in there? I think that they would've executed those two and then attempted to hold their own special session and "give" all of the disputed states to Trump. Or maybe just fuck it and give him 100% of the electoral college. At this point, despite this situation obviously being a complete clown show, the fate of democracy would be in the hands of the military, or perhaps a few generals. It's quite clear this was the intent of a portion of the rioters. Haven't you heard what these wackos tried to do to your governor in Michigan?
                        You should read Arguing with Idiots So you actually believe that the 900 unarmed rioters tried to overthrow the government? They would have executed Pence? That citizens (now found not guilty) tried to kidnap Whitmer? If you believe that nonsense, then there is no hope for you.

but you did say "Photo ID being required is absolutely not constitutional because the constitution was written a century before the first photograph was taken and there has been no amendment related to photography." By that logic, all laws relating to automobiles are unconstitutional.

I understand your wanting to trade photo ID for doing away with the EC. Got it. More welfare for you. Do you have a job?

At least Chemicord is honest in saying he believes in having everyone age 18 or above vote. I've just pointed out that I work in CA and I know what "universal suffrage" did to that state.

Comment

• Made it the fifth largest economy in the world with routinely the highest standard of living in the country?

Comment

• It was more than just the riot, they hatched a scheme to send fake electors (which you were probably in favor of or participated in). They keep on lying about buying votes (which you are a part of). And in the aftermath they have gotten rid of the people on your side who certified the results. You just want a free pass every election to try and overturn the election for your side.

Comment

• How about you progs here listing the accomplishments of the Biden administration? What have they done to benefit the country other than massively spend on Green Energy and welfare?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                Made it the fifth largest economy in the world with routinely the highest standard of living in the country?
                                nonsense.

People are leaving CA in droves. Do you believe that CA has a homeless problem? How about a crime problem?

​​​​​​​ https://www.movingapt.com/top-reason...of-california/

Comment

Working...
                                X