DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

Old November 14th, 2017, 12:30 AM   #21
chemiclord

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown lions fan View Post
There's a chance of making the playoffs, easy schedule, and the Lions tradition of doing just enough to get there.

But it's a certain first round exit, so I don't care.
I'll say it's as certain as playoff appearances get. There's always the possibility that the Lions get hot at the right time and play above themselves for a deep run, which is why it's always better to be in the playoffs than not.

But those odds aren't good, and why I'm going to need some consistency on both sides of the ball and at a high level before I start to consider that they can beat the league's best teams in the playoffs.
Old November 14th, 2017, 03:07 AM   #22
Marko69

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightninBoy View Post
You just summed up in two sentences what I said in about 6 paragraphs in the "Midseason thoughts" thread.
Yeah, you fucking talk too much, LightningBoy, let's try summarising FFS!

Play-off talk on Richmond Tigers forums was always frowned upon and usually disregarded as optimistic BS, and even when they reached the play-offs on occasion, title talk was steamrollered instantly. Not a great deal was different the season just passed........, but, <------- Dustin Martin with the Trophy. That could be mediocre, side arm chuckin, Matty witn the Lombardi?! There could be a glimmer of hope?

But definitely more in the Panoptes, Malto Marko, DanO, CGVT, ULF, Dsred, Chemiclord, DWT (and a few others) way of thinking in that ----> nae fkn danger its happenin'!

And Panoptes, hope all is well with you and family, and your dad. Missing your controversial shit, buddy.

Fk the chiefs!
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:31 AM   #23
dwt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreton View Post
Look at Seattles remaining games. I think they finish 8-8. WC teams are coming out of the North and South this year.
I did - Unlike Mediocre Matty, Russel Wilson beats the better teams in this league. Oh and here’s another fly in your ointment, Detroit will lose Thanksgiving, guaranteed. You can bet the house on it.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have"

Last edited by dwt1; November 14th, 2017 at 07:14 AM.
dwt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #24
CGVT

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DILDO DILDO.jpg (18.9 KB, 63 views)
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:46 AM   #25
Mainevent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
If they win the next two games, I'll start to entertain the thought.
This. They need to go at least 5-2 to have a shot at the playoffs and one of those wins needs to be the Vikings to have any chance at the division title.
Mainevent is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #26
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreton View Post
Why not? All the teams that are going to challenge our playoff run play each other every week. They can't all win.
I have been thinking the same thing. They all play each other. Somebody has to win and somebody has to lose.

From the beginning, I thought they should win at least 10 games. With the schedule they have, that should be the low water mark.

But...
Meh...
Da Lions>>>
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:03 AM   #27
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko69 View Post
And Panoptes, hope all is well with you and family, and your dad. Missing your controversial shit, buddy.

Fk the chiefs!
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:36 PM   #28
kreton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraquar View Post
You might want to familiarize yourself with the tiebreaker scenario for the Wild Card:

Head 2 Head. Lions lost to all 3 NFC South teams in the playoff race. It's looking pretty likely that all 3 of those teams will have 9 wins. Pretty sure Atlanta is going to make a 2nd half run.

9 wins isn't going to be enough......
I don't think there is a realistic scenario where they can all win 9 considering how many tiimes they play each other and other elite teams. If Atlanta makes a 2nd half run they are beating Seattle for us, Carolina, NO, Minnesota, and NO again. They could lose all 5 of those games. No matter what happens either they eliminate themselves, or the competition.

Also I know the tiebreakers. They don't matter if ATL is 8-8 and we are 10-6. That H2H game is irrelevant.
kreton is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:37 PM   #29
DanO

Yes there's a chance but I don't believe they will make it. It's the Lions. As others have said, if they win the next two games I'll believe they have a decent chance. I think they lose to either Chicago or Minny if not both. Minny is playing real good football right now.

Take us to the promised land Matthew.

Sincerely PollyAnna Dan.
DanO is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:43 PM   #30
kreton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
I have been thinking the same thing. They all play each other. Somebody has to win and somebody has to lose.

From the beginning, I thought they should win at least 10 games. With the schedule they have, that should be the low water mark.

But...
Meh...
Da Lions>>>
This is what people are overlooking. It doesn't matter if the Lions are a top 6 team in terms of performance. The Lions are getting in this year based on schedule. The best teams in the NFL all play each other every week and someone has to lose. The Falcons and Seahawks might be better (although with sherman out who knows) but the Lions got it easy.

The Lions don't play a legit contender other than Minnesota the rest of the year. And we beat them in their house. We will be coming off a short week vs Chi - they are coming off a short week vs a tough rams team and traveling to us. To make it even better, chances are Teddy could be making his return. Now he is a good QB, but there is going to be some rust.
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #31
kreton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanO View Post
Yes there's a chance but I don't believe they will make it. It's the Lions. As others have said, if they win the next two games I'll believe they have a decent chance. I think they lose to either Chicago or Minny if not both. Minny is playing real good football right now.
I am not discounting Minnesota, but if Minnesota wins out we are a shoe in for the WC as long as the Lions win the games they should win.
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:45 PM   #32
CGVT

Lions need to win two more than MN with one of those against MN to tie the Vikes and win the division. That is the best realistic shot.

I would not bet on that.

Vikings have:

Rams

@LIons

@ Falcons

@ Panthers

Bengals

@ Packers

Bears

Lions have:

@ bears

Vikings

@ Ravens

@ Bucs

Bears

Bengals

Packers

Last edited by CGVT; November 14th, 2017 at 02:49 PM.
CGVT is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:46 PM   #33
Fraquar

Easy.

Carolina only needs 2 wins, and 3 pretty much locks the Lions out (Lions would need 11 wins in that case). They got the Bucs and the Pack both at home, thats pretty much their 2 wins to get to 9.

New Orleans only needs 2 wins, and 3 pretty much locks the Lions out (Lions would need 11 in that case). They got the Jets and the Bucs both at home, thats pretty much their 2 wins to get to 9.

Atlanta, they have the hard road, but they are also the one team to fear going on a run with all that offensive firepower that has stuttered so far this year. They need 4 to get to 9, but do play the Bucs twice. That means they only need 2 more between their 2 Saints games, Seattle, Vikings and Carolina.

If Atlanta delivers the goods, it's quite possible all 3 teams could get to 10 wins. Carolina and New Orleans don't even need to beat Atlanta to get to 10.

You only need to go back 3 years to see a division where 3 teams all had 10+ wins. Go back 1 more year and you see it again.

Atlanta is the key to the deal.
Fraquar is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 14th, 2017, 04:43 PM   #34
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraquar View Post
Easy.

Carolina only needs 2 wins, and 3 pretty much locks the Lions out (Lions would need 11 wins in that case). They got the Bucs and the Pack both at home, thats pretty much their 2 wins to get to 9.

New Orleans only needs 2 wins, and 3 pretty much locks the Lions out (Lions would need 11 in that case). They got the Jets and the Bucs both at home, thats pretty much their 2 wins to get to 9.

Atlanta, they have the hard road, but they are also the one team to fear going on a run with all that offensive firepower that has stuttered so far this year. They need 4 to get to 9, but do play the Bucs twice. That means they only need 2 more between their 2 Saints games, Seattle, Vikings and Carolina.

If Atlanta delivers the goods, it's quite possible all 3 teams could get to 10 wins. Carolina and New Orleans don't even need to beat Atlanta to get to 10.

You only need to go back 3 years to see a division where 3 teams all had 10+ wins. Go back 1 more year and you see it again.

Atlanta is the key to the deal.
All of those teams have 3 games against teams not in the chase. They ALL would have to sweep those AND Atlanta would have to win out. WITH Freeman sidelined by injury.

And BTW, for ATL to win out, they would have to beat the Saints. TWICE. And help us by beating the Queens.

So again it comes down to the Lions taking care of their own business.

But they aren't going to be "locked out" They'll win their way in, or lose and be out. Their destiny is in their own hands.
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:14 AM   #35
chemiclord

The Lions have more than the NFC South teams to hurdle. Seattle and Dallas are also two teams with more than decent talent that is right there as well. One or both of them will have 9+ wins as well.

The only real chance the Lions have of making the playoffs is by winning the division. They won't get a Wild Card berth this year.

Last edited by chemiclord; November 15th, 2017 at 12:18 AM.
chemiclord is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:27 AM   #36
Fraquar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futureshock View Post
All of those teams have 3 games against teams not in the chase. They ALL would have to sweep those AND Atlanta would have to win out. WITH Freeman sidelined by injury.

And BTW, for ATL to win out, they would have to beat the Saints. TWICE. And help us by beating the Queens.

So again it comes down to the Lions taking care of their own business.

But they aren't going to be "locked out" They'll win their way in, or lose and be out. Their destiny is in their own hands.
Agree, Lions need to take care of their own business.

Expecting that they have some wiggle room because of other teams' schedules, that's fools gold. They had a 2 game lead with 3 to play and still lost the division outright last year.

When 9 wins is virtually a lock for the Wild Card in the AFC (8 might well be enough for the 2nd spot), that pretty much means you should expect to need 10+ to get a Wild Card in the NFC.
Fraquar is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old November 15th, 2017, 02:44 AM   #37
jaadam4

Just win..
Old November 15th, 2017, 03:13 AM   #38
jaadam4

The thing that i dont get is why is everyone
blowing the Vikings? Yes theyre sitting atop the division but the first half of the season they didnt play anyone.

Around here everyone is on the nuts of playing teams with winning records. As it stands now the Queens are 1-2 against winning teams.

The media and fanbase are pissed about us barely beating the Browns? Guess what the Queens were losing to the Browns at the half when they played them too. If the Lions BARELY beat the Browns by 14 then Im sure the Queens didnt blow them out by 17 right (sarcasm)

Oh and by the way, the Lions already beat them. In Minnesota!!

Good luck with the rest of that schedule Keenum.
Old November 15th, 2017, 03:23 AM   #39
jaadam4

I get everyone erroring on the side of caution when it comes to the Lions but we actually have hope. That hope hinges on protecting Mathew Stafford.

We finished a burtal part of our schedule without our top OL watching Greg Robinson almost kill our QB. Now we have Decker and Corey Robinson back which is gigantic and Lelito is actually been damned good. If TJ Lang gets healthy we'll have an intact OL with fantastic depth.

This team will win or lose by offense and right now we should start to peak. Just keep Stafford upright
Old November 15th, 2017, 03:38 AM   #40
Marko69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaadam4 View Post
I get everyone erroring on the side of caution when it comes to the Lions but we actually have hope.
Soccer alert, Jaadamski........, this makes me think of the day before the Scottish Cup final in 2016. I commented in plumbing merchants, "The Hibs do have hope tomorrow"....... Big Al, the delivery driver, (and Glasgow Rangers fan)
"Oh aye they've got hope all right, no fucking hope!"
But Hibs won. First time in 114 years.

There IS HOPE!!

Wish these c*nts would just start believing eh, Jaadam?

Having said ALL that ^^^^, I'm with big Al on this one. No fucking hope.