DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > University of Michigan

Old September 12th, 2016, 11:36 AM   #11281
whodean

You are absolutely right, the entrenched powers in this country created and continue the partisanship so heavy in today's society, divide and conquer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:37 AM   #11282
Wild Hoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy View Post
Hoss would love that.. lol
It'd be the After Party!

Wild Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:38 AM   #11283
entropy

SLF.. but none of that is new news for trump. He's said all those things before except the part about his involvement in the stock market.

The Hillary Health is new.. and will get more coverage as a result. But to suggest Trump hasn't been called out about his comments would be false.
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:41 AM   #11284
SeattleLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Geezer View Post
Hack said:

Wow. I guess I am one of the "deplorables" Hillary ranted about, but in every case you should ask yourself "what if this were Trump doing this?" or "what if Trump said that?". Entropy's cartoon is exactly what is happening. The most generous interpretation is that the media believes it has a duty to save us from a Trump presidency. Look at how Lester Dolt was barbecued in the media when he had the temerity to question Hillary about her emails. Want to bet that future "moderators" of the debates got the message?
Are you racist, xenophobic, or misogynistic? If not you are fine. There are many, many who are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam416 View Post
It's the only example. Or a rare example. The notion that the media isn't and hasn't blasted Trump is ridiculous. I mean...fucking ridiculous.

Well, I guess if only read NRO and watch Sean Hannity, maybe....but F, even if you read NRO you get multiple Trump-basing articles/blog entries every week.
Who said no one blasted Trump? I think I said they haven't blasted him enough because he lies EVERY DAY about anything and everything. Hillary doesn't. But yet she's the lying candidate. That's not supported by anything.

Quote:
SLF.. what is the commander in chief forum? what station is that on?

Republicans think Fox News is more balanced than it is.. and Dems think the general Media is out to get Hillary, which they are not.. in fact, I'd argue the opposite.

And both are taking shots at Johnson. I'd say CNN has been the most favorable to Johnson in what I've seen/read. Again, my perspective on what I see. I think the Parties are like sports teams and everyone thinks their "team" is getting hosed.
I believe it was on NBC and was moderated by Matt Lauer.

For the record, I don't think the media is out to get anything or anyone.
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:45 AM   #11285
SeattleLionsFan

Quote:
SLF.. but none of that is new news for trump. He's said all those things before except the part about his involvement in the stock market.

The Hillary Health is new.. and will get more coverage as a result. But to suggest Trump hasn't been called out about his comments would be false.

What's not news? That he is ill informed, a liar and racist? I know it's not new, but neither is Benghazi, emails or Sec. Clinton's health. And yet those are "reported" and discussed ad nauseum. Maybe there should be a new article or two every day about Trump's inability to talk without casually lying or being racist. And then we can move that into how he is a total scam artist in every single thing he has ever done.
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:46 AM   #11286
entropy

new reports come out on the emails and they become news again. Her health is something new.

If Trump says something new about the Irish, it will be news.

and btw.. my Democrat friends on FB are constantly posting articles about Trump and his VP candidate. There seems to be more out there than you think.
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #11287
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
Ever watch the HBO show Veep?. Very fun exaggeration but No one in Washington has instincts to tell the truth unless it is absolutely necessary.
Not to mention, the best show on TV.
The Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 12th, 2016, 11:57 AM   #11288
UKBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgkal View Post
There is a piece of information in the recent report of Hillary's current health problems that has escaped scrutiny. How many of you know that she has been on blood thinners (anticoagulants) after suffering a blood clot in a leg after the head injury in 2102?
She's from the future? No wonder she's always a step ahead of Trump.
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:09 PM   #11289
SeattleLionsFan

Quote:
new reports come out on the emails and they become news again. Her health is something new.

If Trump says something new about the Irish, it will be news.

and btw.. my Democrat friends on FB are constantly posting articles about Trump and his VP candidate. There seems to be more out there than you think.
I disagree entropy. There is no new "news" about emails. Only rehashed claims that are rehashed without any support every time anyone can ask her a question.
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:19 PM   #11290
entropy

wasn't there a new report just a 2 weeks ago?
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:23 PM   #11291
SeattleLionsFan

What new report? That she used a private server? I bet you missed the one that Colin Powell sent her an email about using private email to avoid public disclosure laws.
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:26 PM   #11292
entropy

actually.. I did not. But then again, her story keeps changing. And goes back to my belief that when truth evolves, someone is hiding something.

And I was sure there was a new report or a new update. FB and Twitter picked back up and people were siting new articles. I know I didn't read everything that came out during that time, but again, social media blew up about more emails.

Last edited by entropy; September 12th, 2016 at 12:37 PM.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:28 PM   #11293
entropy

btw.. people.com has allegedly reported 2 of Clinton's staffers have been hospitalized.
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:28 PM   #11294
iam416

They keep releasing new emails. And now people are reviewing them. The news wasn't that she withheld them, the most recent significant news was that emails revealed donations from various folks to the Clinton Foundation. That's pretty clearly "new" news. Duh.
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:42 PM   #11295
entropy

Quote:
geez.. agree. If it was pneumonia, why not say it? And if she had it, why was she on a plane with a bunch of reporters? why did she do this photo op?

Having pneumonia sucks. Just say it and don't come up with lies and then "truths". Sorry if I'm suspect. She warrants it.

btw.. here is the after picture of that little girl:

Old September 12th, 2016, 12:54 PM   #11296
Da Geezer

Quote:
How about releasing his taxes? What happened to that drumbeat?
Here is the financial disclosure form Trump filed. The first few pages are the positions he holds outside of government. About 500 of them not including "trustee".

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...5187/trump.pdf

Please look the thing over and tell me that he has not been "transparent". And look at the questions. To me, it is clear that this form is designed for candidates that have been sucking on the public tit most of their lives. The implicit assumptions in the form speak for themselves. This is ACELA thinking, and it leads its proponents to believe anyone running for any office who spent a career in business is buying influence for himself.

I'd encourage everyone to read SLF's post in support of his claim that Trump is guilty of "casual lying and racism" on an almost daily basis. On the heels of a 400 point drop in the Dow last Friday, what Trump did discuss was the Fed's mismanagement of the money supply. Again he was issue-oriented and detail heavy. The only possible objection could be calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas, which is shorthand for his critique of her affirmative action fraud in claiming she had Native American heritage. It is typical of the left to yelp "racism" when one of their own is shown to be an avaricious hypocrite.

Last edited by Da Geezer; September 12th, 2016 at 12:57 PM.
Da Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:57 PM   #11297
entropy

.@realDonaldTrump: "You cannot run for president if you have such contempt in your heart for the American voter."

------------
ummm..
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:57 PM   #11298
hack

It sure looks like the right-wing media and the traditional media are just pounding away at old stuff. The right has its emails; the left has the continuing effort of Trump to kill multiculturalism. One's been thoroughly investigated by Congress as a way to railroad Hillary, and for the other, well, if we ever get to a point where it's just not news that a presidential candidate is behaviing abhorrently, well that's sad. But this is where we are. We all know Trump plays by different rules and isn't going to change, and it's unfortunate. One thing for sure is that we get the media we deserve. I would encourage everyone to patronize media that rely on people paying for the content, rather than advertisers. Those are few/far between however, and you don't necessarily escape the spin. You do get better, less extreme, and more reasoned spin.
hack is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:02 PM   #11299
hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Geezer View Post
Please look the thing over and tell me that he has not been "transparent".
Right. This is the standard document that everyone files, but presidential candidates have also released at least a year of income taxes since the Ford/Carter election cycle. So if the state of disclosure doesn't change, this would be the least transparent candidate since then.

My point in bringing it up is that this is what the media should be asking about. I know he's playing a racist on TV, but there are other things media should be following up on, and plenty of people who have a reasoned argument that the racism is a distraction from this.
hack is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:12 PM   #11300
SeattleLionsFan

There were new articles. I thought you were making a distinction between new news (trump is a racist bigot being old news and not worth further reporting) and actual new news. If releasing new emails is a new data point to add (a position Im comfortable with) then so is it new data points when Trump lies or says racist things.

Talent, what story are you referring to? I'm pretty sure the Clinton Foundation long ago made the decision to publish its donations and donor list. Something the Trump Foundation and others have never done.