No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will grab a pair of the new Reebok 20K SR. as Crosby uses but Reebok bought CCM in 2004 and at $800 a pair and runs both lines, why? Stick with one and put your reputation on it.

Got to get to Perani's in Lovonia for a fitting.
    [youtube]xxoBS5AI-so[/youtube]
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 28, 2013, 10:40 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
      That's no stretch, he is a pussy, case closed. No comments on the other one (?) Milbury needed gloves for the Octopus?

"Mike Mulberry getting punched out 25 years ago or even today is always a good thing..."

Haven't watched the others yet Packy.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Cherry would still kick the crap out Mike Milbury/Mulberry today!

Comment

• You should, that's another one of your boys OP - Pierre McGuire ( along with cindy) I'll give you time to clean your self up. Candy ass holes!

Comment

• According to CNN, over 30 years, bond issue, taxpayers on the hook for $283 M.

http://cnnmoney.mobi/primary/article...tcy-arena.json

The arena will be paid for with a $450 million bond issue that will be repaid over the next 30 years. Taxpayers will be paying almost two-thirds of the cost of the arena -- $283 million -- and private developers will cover the rest. Including interest, it's projected that there will be a total of $444 million in taxpayer funds spent on the project.
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 28, 2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• And there they are, if Mercury ever trades-in his sandals.... Daoust National 501 w/280mm Tuuk Plus holders.

Comment

• Which taxpayers?

City of Detroit, State of Michigan, or US Government?

All of the above?

The way the City of Detroit is going, there will be no "city" taxpayers by time this place is built.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "Daoust are best remembered for the 501 Range made in the late 1980s and 90s, loved for their comfort they also had a lean forward foot-bed giving an aggressive skate stance."

Damn I forgot, Canadien, TPS & Christian wood sticks too!!! All were club selections from Prime's hockey bag.

I don't think there are any taxpayers left in Detroit Liney.

Comment

• State of Michigan, State Legislature, Detroit delegation, sounds like a State vote...hope you will skate some this winter Liney.

"The state legislature approved the taxpayer funding for the arena in December. The controversial vote split Detroit's own legislative delegation. Whitmer argues that the matter should be reconsidered given the city's worsening finances."
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 28, 2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• OP - he may have some roots in your neck of the woods and I get that you might like him. Did you know Pierre Mcguire is a big advocate of banning fighting completely from hockey?

That right, that there makes him an idiot when it comes to hockey along with Bettman. Neither haven't a clue about really playing the game on the ice or the who/what/when/where/why and how of a fight.

Now I really don't care about watching a fight in today's game but.. Players get hurt more now than ever with cheap shots.

Fighting in hockey is a strategic point of the game. It’s more than just two people getting pissed at one another and duke it out. There are rules to it and a code that many of them follow. Players need to police themselves, always will.

Comment

• PM was born in New Jersey Packy. Although he is a dual national, ( like your Pal OP however I'm a Canuck by birth and a Naturalized Yank. )

Worked for TSN for 97 to 2002 and still does the WJHC for them. McGuire won two Stanley Cups as a scout and assistant coach with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1991 and 1992. He joined the Hartford Whalers in 1992 as an assistant coach and was later assistant general manager in 1993. In Nov. 1993 he was named head coach, replacing Paul Holmgren, who assumed the role as the team's GM.

I didn't know he was an advocate for remove fighting in the NHL nor do I know if he supports free-range chicken farming or not.

I understand the importance of fighting in hockey and protecting your skill players and wish he will reconsider.

In the end he sure knows a damn lot about hockey for a Yank and I find his color commentary refreshingly valuable and interesting, given US broadcast farces.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; July 29, 2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Now that bench clearing brawls have been elminated from the game, I find fighting to be just flat-out boring most of the time. It doesn't seem to have the effect that it used to.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I'll start watching hockey when they allow fast breaks. I understand the offsides rule but the I think it holds back the sport from a lot of very exciting offensive play which the sport needs...

Soccer has the same silly rule where you can't pass beyond a defender. Both sports rules are imo holding back what should be the most exciting play in both sports, long outlet passes to offensive players that can put the puck/ball in the net.

Comment

• WM I totally agree. I'm trying to remember when hockey rules changed to prevent forward passing over 2 lines. I remember the college game (U of M) was much more exciting because of the wide open rink back in the early 1950s when I was a student. And we had some damn good teams in those days. Lots of Canadian kids.

If a kid wasn't from Canada, or perhaps northern Minnesota, coach Heyliger wasn't interested. I played a lot of sand lot hockey in Detroit and had this weird idea I'd go out for the UM hockey team. When I met the coach he asked me where I was from and when I said Detroit his face dropped and he said forget about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X