Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That seems like a pretty accurate summary to me. I'm not really sure why this is a debate.

Comment

• Guiton > Shane Morris. For now...
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• For now.

Shane still has 3 more years.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Michigan's band takes a shot at OSU in Week 1. So in Week 2, the OSU band quickly whips together an entire show mocking Meeeeechigan.

Comment

• meh

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              For now.

Shane still has 3 more years.
              But the Schmucks didn't leave themselves without a good backup like RichRod did to us. Hoke got Bellomy in the month he had to add to the Dufus's last class. Bellomy is bad. He will probably never take another rep in a game.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• In RR's first class he landed Denard and Forcier, the latter would've been a terrific QB if not for having no priorities on academics...

In his first 'partial' class, RR was likely to land BJ Daniels till Daniels dad wanted some $. He's in the NFL now, probably as a 3rd string type but he'd have been the type of QB that could've done very well under RR... RR also landed Devin Gardner a 5-star QB who probably could be even more successful in RR's read-option than he is under Borges...

QB recruiting was an issue with RR, bring up DL, LB's, DB's, WR's, RB's but please not QB. David Brandon's 'process' hurt M's ability to have a capable backup behind Gardner and M unable to redshirt Shane Morris.

Comment

• Being unable to redshirt Shane is not really a big deal. Granted, most coaches want to redshirt great players to keep them in the program for the max time, but really what for? Its so they can learn the system and be most effective, provided they stay in the program. Lots of top notch talent, Lewan an exception, bail out for $. If a player is good enough NOT to redshirt, that's okay when you have a top tier program. Michigan, under Hoke, will not have a problem recruiting top talent. I have no issue with having a backup that has tremendous upside when I have the knowledge that the stable will always be full. Redshirts should be used when you have an overabundance of talent, not just when you can.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• If Bellomy was healthy and a capable backup, there wouldn't be any reason not to redshirt Shane.

Comment

• Yeah but Jon's point is taken. Unless Shane isn't really all that and needs the extra year in the program to help his pro prospects. I think it hurts the player more than the program for sure 90% of the time. But he's on a team, and the coaches make the calls and fair enough.

Comment

• Shane was NEEDED this year, he couldn't redshirt. But it would've been nice to have that option if there was a QB M could've landed in the '11 class. Hoke might've found one if he had more than a couple weeks to recruit one.

Comment

• Bellomy still might turn out to be OK. The kid has only played one half of football.

Comment

• Was anyone saying he isn't needed this year and could have redshirted?

Comment

• Program appears to be approaching "critical mass".

ND boost was huge, this may be the year Michigan turns the corner. BCS beatdown this year, National Title shot the next. Gardner is damn impressive, seriously doubt Hoke & Co. will have little trouble landing the next "Brady" at Michigan. Flipping Lattimore would be a coup.

From L to R: Mason Cole, Matthew Burrell, Damien Harris, Tim Settle, Da'Shawn Hand, Wilton Speight, Drake Harris, George Campbell.

According to his mentor, five-star WDE Da'Shawn Hand came away very impressed on his official visit, per Scout's Sam Webb ($):

“It went very well,” said Hand’s mentor and former coach John Harris. “The boys got to hang out with (Wilton) Speight after the game. The atmosphere at the game was electric also.”

"The boys" also included 2015 five-star DT Tim Settle and 2015 four-star OL Matthew Burrell. Despite their high ratings, neither holds an offer; if one comes for Burrell, it sounds like Michigan will be at or near the top of his list, per Steve Lorenz ($):

"This was by far the best visit I've been on," Burrell said. "The people, the coaches. It was just a well-rounded visit. I felt like I was on top of the world I was having so much fun and I wasn't even a commitment."

Canzior mentioned that a parent of one of the prospects went so far as to say that Ohio State "didn't even compare" to Michigan.

In a late surprise, four recruits from Glenville—2014 ATH Marshon Lattimore, 2014 S Erick Smith, and 2015 WRs Milan Golden and Trevon Story—made the trip to Ann Arbor; their assistant coach, Robert Andrews, told 247's Steve Wiltfong that all four came away very impressed ($):

“Those guys they were blown away by Michigan. Michigan has treated them special. Our kids come from the inner city and a lot of times they lack the little things in life, and people making a big deal about the little things for them, and Michigan makes everything they do big and important.”

Ohio State still has to be considered the favorite to land Lattimore and Smith, though it's unclear if they'll have room to take the latter; if they don't and Michigan does, the Wolverines are in very good position for him.

2014 five-star DL Malik McDowell ended up staying the night after the game—obviously, a positive sign—and his father told Wiltfong that the visit went very well ($):
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 10, 2013, 07:25 AM.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm happy OSU is able to redshirt JT Barrett. I think he's going to be fantastic, but it's nice to at least have the option of him playing 4 seasons.

Also, Noah Brown finally commits. Up to 18 commits.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X