X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Repeat
    Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
    Did any of you see that R&R HOF ceremony on HBO?

You need to watch the jam session finale to Cream's "Crossroads."

I just got to re-watch it on DVR and its just as amazing as it was live.

SHARKBAIT, CO LION and others that play guitar or any of you that like those that play guitar, should enjoy it.
    Originally posted by Tony G View Post
    underwhelmed with the ceremony. Had to sit through too much crap. Alex was great but I'd seen their speech by now. Crossroads was ok but not one of the legendary hall jams that they've had in the past. I get the strong feeling that they would have rather skipped the gig than interrupt their tour but they showed up for their fans.

Oh Oh!!!!

Comment

• I tried to change the brakes on my sons car this past Sunday. Back brakes were wrong and we couldn't get the tire off the front drivers side because the auto mechanic who fixed the strut a month ago over torqued the lug nuts and we couldn't budge them........even with an air gun. Have to bring the car back and have them loosen the lug nuts. Got the front passenger side done though. :-)
      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• discs in the back or drums?
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Try heating the nut with a torch.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
            underwhelmed with the ceremony. Had to sit through too much crap. Alex was great but I'd seen their speech by now. Crossroads was ok but not one of the legendary hall jams that they've had in the past. I get the strong feeling that they would have rather skipped the gig than interrupt their tour but they showed up for their fans.

You’ve never been a critic’s band, to say the least.
            Certainly, after a while we developed a tough skin, because most of the press we got was not very flattering. But we never cared, because we went out and played every night to sold-out audiences filled with people who really loved what we were doing. So it didn’t really matter. And in some ways it’s better that way, because you’re not in the mainstream. You have some anonymity.

But the tide has changed for Rush. You’re finally getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, even though it took a long time to even get on the ballot.
            I think we’ve been eligible for the last 14 or 15 years. But our position has always been that if we’re not part of that scene, that’s okay. But I think for our fans, they were…they were pretty pissed! And that’s the thing about Rush fans. They’re very vocal with their piss-iness. [laughs] So it’s nice to get have it happen. And we will go to the ceremony and graciously accept the honor, for us and also for our fans. We’ll get up and play a few songs and make it a really special event. I know my mom’s going, I think all our moms are going. They’re pretty excited about it.

Moms like that kind of thing.
            Moms love that kind of thing.

So now that you’re finally Hall of Famers, Rush fans will have to find another cause to take up.
            Well, there are certainly still lots of fans that are not happy with the decision to put us in the Hall of Fame. They feel that we should have stayed out. But it’s not such a big deal. At the end of the day, let’s all just be happy.
            Last edited by Tony G; May 30, 2013, 09:04 AM.
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Disks, Tony.

"Try heating the nut with a torch."
              --------------------My initial instinct Mark. The actual nut is a metric nut and doesn't fit any of the four way lug nut wrenches. These actual nuts are fitted with a chrome slip-cover. Obviously, you can't heat chrome. Your next response is going to be just take off the slip-covers. They don't just pull off, if they did they would all fall off while driving. There are a few missing around the vehicle. Tapping on them with a hammer didn't work and hitting them harder would have bent the chrome as it's a fairly malleable metal. We were also under somewhat of a time constraint and I was pissed at the auto repair place. I wanted them to see their fuck-up and rectify it. If a flat tire had occurred there was no way that tire could be replaced and a wrecker service would have had to been called.

What an ignorant engineering design-------the slip-cover thingy. How stupid. I first became aware of them shortly after buying the vehicle and my son was on his way to school with the other kids. Tire had a slow leak around the bead and it was low enough to break the seal with the bumpy dirt roads I live off of. Zach called me at work and I left and brought them to school and went back to work. After work we took care of the vehicle which is when I discovered the slip-covers.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Auto Engineers are gung ho on what looks right, if they ever had to actually work on vehicles they might design things differently.
                "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkbait View Post
                  Auto Engineers are gung ho on what looks right, if they ever had to actually work on vehicles they might design things differently.
                  Shark bait,

Check out the old and the new

Recognize any faces?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wASsuPcl3I&sns=em"]Introduced to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame covering Crossroads by Cream - YouTube[/ame]
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• I'm off to the south of France today, and I'm it's making my day, big time. WOO HOO! I've packed a Lions T for the holiday snap......, Lions fan in France!
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Have a great trip, Marko.
                      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Ooh, where are you headed, Marko? I love the south of France!!
                        "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Have a good one Marko. I went to Villefranche for a day once, just to visit a house that an ex was an au pair at! Beautiful place.
                          AAL Quintez Cephus
                          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Thanks MM & Dean......, although Drew's news on the other thread has taken the edge of it a bit. Losing a son recently and now his mother....., that is not good at all. Hope he is of strong character and gets through it.

Never been to the south of France....., people are saying its nice so we shall find out soon enough. Cheers.
                            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Cant wait to see the image of a Lion fan in the South of France. Have a great time Marko!
                              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Have fun, Marko. If you get drunk and people start getting angry at you for being obnoxious, just point to the Lions t-shirt and tell them you're American. ;)
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X