No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We saw a lot of satellites when we were up north camping last month. I have yet to see a shooting star, though!
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• For anyone interested.

Starting at 6:30 EDT tomorrow Friday Aug 19, the NASA channel will be broadcasting the space walk from the ISS. Walk is scheduled to begin at 8:05 EDT. Mission: to attach a new universal docking device that arrived recently and will allow a port to support a commercially backed flight access to the ISS.

This will be the second dock installed on the Station and will double the access for future commercial flights to the station.

Details can be found here.

NASA Television will bring to viewers around the world live coverage Friday, Aug. 19, as two NASA astronauts install a new gateway for American commercial
      I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Interesting link. I didn't realize that Boeing was in the mix for creating commercial spacecraft.

Comment

• The space station is a joke. They never have menthols, the rest room key is attached to a Russian anvil, and the Houston phone number written on the stall "for good Tang" is not what you think it is.
          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• This Mike Mulholland guy is pretty funny. Apparently he's a photographer for MLive. I looked at some of his stuff after that Big Blue Donut story...

This girl asks him for a picture of a MSU linebacker, and he gives her this:

[ame]https://twitter.com/mulho2mj/status/766300135835992064[/ame]
            The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• I went out looking for the ISS last year and didn't see it. The next day, a work buddy said he saw it. A couple of years ago, I set my alarm for 3am to go out looking for it. Nope.

I've captured satellites screaming by while looking at Jupiter or some other planet in my binoculars. The ones I saw were moving perpendicular to the planetary ellipse.

Give Jupiter a look sometime. Using binocs, gives it a sphere look rather than a point of light, like a star, and you can always see up to 4 of its moons.
              ------------
              <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• This video is so cool. It shows how the planets are moving in a vortex around the sun as it travels. The only thing is as the sun moves, it would move in a slightly corkscrew fashion as well. Not in a straight line. Still cool to watch.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jHsq36_NTU"]The helical model - our solar system is a vortex - YouTube[/ame]
                ------------

Comment

• Drew......, didn't comment on your other post about looking at Jupiter etc, because your comment, "the ones I saw were perpendicular to the planetary ellipse" blew my effin mind! I thought, there is no other forum with people so "into" their stuff that they can write like this about it. Both yourself and Malto have inspired me to check out a shed load of stuff on wiki and YouTube. Not going to be a total erse and say "I'm into it now!" ...., but it certainly has interested me past week when I've had free time. And that video was absolutely superb. FTR, (and I'm not ashamed to admit it) I didn't realise the sun moved. Thought it was a stationary thing and we revolved around it. Before anyone asked, I sucked at physics, OK!!

Someone get the "Astronomy, Sky watching" thread going.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• LOL Marko. Sweet. I have to say I've been out of it here in the UK.

I should have said that the satellite was heading north and the planets (sun & moon) follow a west bound (set in the west) journey.

It was pompous of me to say it that way. Sorry.
                    ------------

Comment

• They just showed a stat of "notable" players from Serbia on the USA Serbia game. Darko Milicic was listed. The only thing he's notable for is SUCKNG!!!
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                        They just showed a stat of "notable" players from Serbia on the USA Serbia game. Darko Milicic was listed. The only thing he's notable for is SUCKNG!!!
                        It was notable how high he went in the NFL draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                          They just showed a stat of "notable" players from Serbia on the USA Serbia game. Darko Milicic was listed. The only thing he's notable for is SUCKNG!!!
                          Yeah, but DanO...... He doesn't suck as much as the sport itself!!

* ducks for cover and runs out the room *
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                            Yeah, but DanO...... He doesn't suck as much as the sport itself!!

* ducks for cover and runs out the room *
                            No need to duck. In fact, Soccer (or Football on the other side of the pond) and basketball have a lot in common.

Their biggest appeal is that there is not a lot of equipment that is needed to play it on the street level and kids can get out and play.

Soccer has a disadvantage with the amount needed for a "real game" but we used to play 3 on 3 all the time.

Comment

• "It was notable how high he went in the NFL draft."
                              -------------------------------------Very true.

"Yeah, but DanO...... He doesn't suck as much as the sport itself!!"
                              -------------------------I don't follow the pro game. Too many advantages for the stars who get away with all kinds of stuff. College not so and not the Olympics either. I did enjoy watching Brasil beat Germany for the soccer gold.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Just had the pleasure of sharing a beer and conversation over Skype with Sharkbait. To say it made my day is a gross understatement.

I'm over the moon right now!
                                2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

Working...
                                X