Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a great time, Rob!

Comment

• Great story, Rob. I had a similar occurence happen in Minneapolis, traveled to see Northern Michigan University play the Gophers in 1979.....80? At the time, Northern had only been playing Division 1 Hockey for 5 or so years, and the Gophers were....well Golden. Herb Brooks coached, Broten brothers led.......many future Olympic Gold Medal winners. It was a game that determined who would move on to the tournament. NMU won, and the few fans in the stands cheering that fact were pelted with debris. I turned to face the crowd, and stood with arms outstretched, and was absolutely drenched with liquid.......loved it. When the Northern fans got back to our hotel, most were standing outside of their rooms.....in hallways.....the lobby, etc. The cops were called by somebody, and when they showed up, they just started swinging billy-clubs. They were some mad-ass mofos. They beat up several people, including NMU officials, and a few guys in their 60's. It was brutal.

Comment

• Pens closeout the Sens 4-1 in the series and get some much needed rest, total domination.

"- Boston or the New York Rangers? To be honest, Ottawa's Daniel Alfredsson doesn't think it matters who the Pittsburgh Penguins face in the Eastern Conference finals.
        At the moment, Alfredsson believes the Penguins are a cut above.
        "I think they would be the favourite to play either of those two teams," Alfredsson said. "They have skill, speed, they're well-coached and a lot of experience as well. So they're going to be a tough team to beat."

Hockey history, in fact, strongly urged the Penguins to wrap up the series in Game 5 if they intend to win the Stanley Cup. As historical evidence suggests, did some poking around:

Since the NHL switched the first round from a best-of-five to a best-of-seven series in 1987, only one Stanley Cup winner — the 1996 Colorado Avalanche — was forced to play in six or more games in every series leading to the Stanley Cup Final. The other 24 champions during that stretch all earned at least one series victory in five or fewer games on the road to the championship.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Presidents' Cup Blackhawks show in G5. Kronwall got cornholed by Bickell.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Wings came out very flat. Surprising.....but Detroit will win it at home.

Comment

• They had to let the Blackhawks get one last hurrah at home before its done.

Wings will be ready back at the Joe.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They better be because they aren't going to win a game 7

Comment

• CHL's Memorial Cup Final plays today in Saskatoon, Sask. Portland Winterhawks take on the Halifax Mooseheads at 5 pm MDT, should be a terrific game as it features the NHL's top 3 projected draft picks, Jones , MacKinnon and Drouin.

There is simply not enough Mooseheads in Jr Hockey.

In earlier round-robin tournament play, Halifax beat Portland 7-4, Nathan MacKinnon's Hat Trick was total dominance..... whichever NHL ends up drafting him (projecting Florida Panthers) will have one hell of a player. At 17 years old, he can score!

Another Coal Harbour, NS phenom!
                  [youtube]VmncP3QU0_E[/youtube]
                  Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 26, 2013, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• 50/50 for the wings to win the series now. A close game would have been much better
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• 60% they win game 6, 10% they win game 7...

So, 70%?

Comment

• Nobody thought they'd beat the Ducks in Anaheim......

Comment

• The good news for Wings fans is they have 2 games to try to closeout Chicago, if it doesn't happen in G6 it likely will not occur at all.

Chicago played focused, despiertate, aggressive hockey that overwhelmed Detroit in every sense. If the Hawks can replicate that intensity in G6 it will be over in G7 back at the Windy City.

Comment

• The Wings completely overwhelmed the Horks in Games 2,3,4........This series will come down to simple hustle.

Comment

• The Wings were incrediably lucky to steal G4.
                              If Chicago replicates their effort last game, it's over.

Comment

• Jimmy Howard is the key, and you always need some luck your bounces go your way. Red Wings have lost a lot of series like this to a lesser team, winning their games easily and losing the series with close games.

Comment

Working...
                                X