Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the defense wilts. LOL.

Comment

• Well, we learned something new today. The special teams blow too. Whisky, PSU and OSU are going to have a field day.

Comment

• They escaped. Now do something about the QB position.

Comment

• Sell out to win the OSU game. Get Peters or McCaffrey in there now; take your lumps. We can't go into that game without a semblance of a passing threat.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Sell out to win the OSU game. Get Peters or McCaffrey in there now; take your lumps. We can't go into that game without a semblance of a passing threat.
            Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxreturn View Post
              Well, we learned something new today. The special teams blow too. Whisky, PSU and OSU are going to have a field day.
              Everything blows apart from the defense. SO MANY FLAGS. Not a well-coached team. It's the kind of year to take that redshirt off McCaffrey if you don't believe in Peters. Can't go on like this with O'Korn.

Comment

• Peters or McCaffrey now. UM is going to lose some more games anyway. Might as well get them some experience.

Comment

• That was a critical win for Michigan's bowl eligibility chances. After the last two weeks, I think we now know that bowl eligibility is about the highest realistic aspiration this team has. Michigan coached this game as if they were afraid of their QB, and it's tough to argue they were wrong. Just an unholy mess of a game, and one Michigan was very fortunate to win.

Comment

• We are currently witnessing unprecedented QB development fail. Between two highly touted freshmen and an experienced fifth year senior who is a good athlete we don't have a QB who is better than Nick Sheridan. And the fifth year senior was a legitimately better QB as a true freshman than he is now.

Originally posted by paul daugherity View Post
                    Peters or McCaffrey now. UM is going to lose some more games anyway. Might as well get them some experience.
                    I said back in August that if Wilton Speight was legitimately our best quarterback then this program is royally fucked. Something disastrous has happened on the practice field for Michigan. I can't imagine what a massive bust Peters must be or what kind of doghouse he must be in for him not to be getting a chance.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; October 14, 2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Im not convinced Peters is worse. Harbaugh wanted to give his senior transfer a chance. He did. Time to move on.

Comment

• If not Peters, then McCaffrey. Burn his redshirt. It's not like this staff is hesitant to do that. Joe Bauserman would be an upgrade over who we've got in there now and by the end of 2011 Braxton Miller was starting for OSU.

Comment

• Penn State could be problematic.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                            Im not convinced Peters is worse. Harbaugh wanted to give his senior transfer a chance. He did. Time to move on.
                            My guess is that Harbaugh won't do this because he doesn't want to set him up for failure. Too many weaknesses on the offensive line, no stellar tight end and WR's that don't get separation and run good routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by maxreturn View Post
                              My guess is that Harbaugh won't do this because he doesn't want to set him up for failure. Too many weaknesses on the offensive line, no stellar tight end and WR's that don't get separation and run good routes.
                              Give the guy some experience anyways.

The run game today averaged over 6 ypc today and we couldn't even play action our way to three yards per pass attempt. If the next guy off the bench nets 59 yards on 20 passing plays then he will be no worse than who we've got now.

Comment

• The WRs are young, and when they do run good routes, the ball isn't getting there. I think the TEs are fine-- Gentry, in particular, is on his way to becoming a terrific player, and McKeon is contributing. Gentry was wide open on a deep cross in the first half, only for O'Korn to chuck one up into double coverage. I don't put much of this on the receivers and backs. Maybe the film review says something different, but I doubt it.

The only positive from today-- Michigan averaged 6.2 yards a carry on a day where the ground game got no help. If you can run the ball and play good defense, you can shorten a game and give yourself a chance on the road. But, absent some bizarre improvement in the passing game, a small chance is all Michigan's got against Penn State.

Comment

Working...
                                X