Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rutgers @ Michigan, Saturday, November 7th, 3:30 EST, BTN/Btn2GO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rutgers @ Michigan, Saturday, November 7th, 3:30 EST, BTN/Btn2GO.

M opens a 21.5 point favorite.

FEI predictive outcome value = 26.5.

Hard to belief but as ugly as M's offense can get, as shakey as Jake Rudock is at QB, as bad as the running game can be, M's offense is efficient and despite the D getting mostly gashed by the Minny O to the tune of 450+ yards, M's D is still ranked #1 in several defensive categories and seems to keep opponents from scoring TDs.

HARBAUGH!!!

Go Gophers and Huskers.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Michigan wins big. Rutgers does one player to watch (if he plays?)... Their #1 WR, Carroo, is good.

Michigan 34
    Rutgers 6
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

If M doesn't blow Rutgers out, then there's real problems.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        No. Don't be silly. All M needs to do is win.
        Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

Two things: while M's O is efficient it is not even close to explosive. That is what marks the difference between what Stanford is doing most of the time and what M is doing all of the time. The reasons for this are obvious and a bit frustrating. Just consult Hanni on this.

Second, M hasn't blown out anyone that claims they have a defense, which Rutgers does no matter how poor it appears to be, and has a QB/WR combo that has it/big play potential or has potential for it/big plays. Seem f'ing Liedner v M's pass D. See Cook to Burbridge.

While this isn't the horror that was team 135 with Hoke at the helm, it is the same players with the same limitations just much better coached and without the mind blowing bad play calling, horrible STs and poor clock management.

It's a decent team that when they don't make stupid mistakes - and we've seen our fill of them - can play with anyone. So, there will be nothing wrong with M if thy don't blow out Rutgers. M is exactly who you and I know they are.

I'm glad you feel somewhat better about M's D already knowing about M's O v. osu. You shouldn't. This team is a couple of mistakes and some questionable referring calls away from being undefeated. As amazing as that claim sounds it is consistent with my view that baring these, they can play with anyone.

HARBAUGH!!!
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 2, 2015, 11:59 AM.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

They're far closer to being 5-3 than 8-0, but you knew that.

Rutgers is awful. They're only chance is Carroo and he didn't play last week. They've given up 97 points in that last two weeks. Sure, OSU has a good offense, but Wisky? Ummm, no.

But, if you've already constructed this a potential slog, then you'll be here on Sunday trumpeting M's 30 point win as a glorious display of football.

As for "playing with anyone", they haven't come close, IMO, to playing a really good team. I don't buy Utah for 1 red-hot second. Nor do I think MSU is particularly good given how their season has progressed.

But, yes, HARBAUGH!!!! ... good luck in the B10 CG. Your boys should be able to beat Iowa.

Comment

I think MSU crosses the good threshold at the least. It is to be seen how much it crosses that threshold.

Rutgers big shot was that blackout in New Jersey, they've been a dog's breakfast since then and it is in the Big House.

Comment

Yeah, I muddled the message with my MSU comment. I don't think MSU is a "really good" team and by that I don't think they're in the first tier of teams. I think there are probably 8ish teams in the first tier this year and maybe a dozen or so in the next tier. That's where I'd have MSU as constituted against M (and M, for that matter).

Anyway, gads of great games coming up which will probably show how wrong I am!

Comment

They're far closer to being 5-3 than 8-0, but you knew that.

I can understand how you would see it that way ...... From your perspective, not mine.

Rutgers is awful....... But, if you've already constructed this a potential slog, then you'll be here on Sunday trumpeting M's 30 point win as a glorious display of football.
                  Heh .... Not even close. I'm not trumpeting anything about M football except, you know, HARBAUGH!!! Once I was convinced about 4 games in, that's all she wrote. I was full in.

There's no denying he has done these things: turned around a moribund locker room attitude, given players something to play for besides themselves, instilled a ton of confidence and discipline commensurate with the kind of character that is Jim Harbaugh.

Beyond that, he assembled one hell of a good coaching staff that addressed just about every aspect of M's technical short comings under Hoke. I'd say the one unit that has not been overwhelmingly improved has been the RBs. Plenty of gaps for the RBs not named Drake Johnson to run through and most of them missed. I don't know if that's Wheatly (I doubt it) or just the material he has to work with (more likely).

As for "playing with anyone", they haven't come close, IMO, to playing a really good team. I don't buy Utah for 1 red-hot second. Nor do I think MSU is particularly good given how their season has progressed.
                  I don't disagree with you entirely but MSU isn't chopped liver and while I think osu is the best team in the conference we'll find out how "really good" MSU and osu both are in a couple of weeks.

The salient point is that MSU, as Froot notes, is on the up side of good and M played them tough (read "playing with" if you like) essentially winning the game save the last improbable play.

........ Your boys should be able to beat Iowa.
                  I'm counting on it. Go Huskerz

Comment

Ty Isaac not on the depth chart for Rutgers. I'm getting the impression that he's a slow learner.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

I really hate these 3:30 games in November..

Comment

Harbaugh on why Isaac is not on the depth chart: "Its an internal matter, in other words, none of your business".. "I'll keep you posted" ..

lol
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I like it, forceful, firm yet fair.

Beats the shit out of Brian Kelly, roaming the sidelines looking to smack the shit out of one of his coaching subordinates nor as extreme as Woody Hayes, pounding the crap out of some kid in a football uniform.
                          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Did you know that Rutgers is the Birthplace of Football?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I had Rutgers once. Thought I was never going to get out of the bathroom. :-)
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                              X