Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that Gary and the NJ Boys are not coming to the BBQ?

And that Upsher is trending FSU?

Comment

• Yes. And probably. I really don't know anything about Upshur other than FSU lost Nauta, they want Upshur, Upshur likes FSU.

As for Gary, I think (and have always thought) he ends up south, but him not showing up is not a big deal. His choice will be M or his favorite South school.

The bigger deal, IMO, is that Ahmir Mitchell hasn't committed, yet. If it doesn't happen soon, especially after last weekend, that's a pretty big red flag. I think it will, but I'm not at the 100% sure level I was last weekend.
      Last edited by iam416; July 30, 2015, 07:42 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Are any of the Jersey Boys coming? Probably just the three stars. I agree about Mitchell, and I think he may be waiting to see what OSU does. You won't say that because you are so polite, but he is down to 2 schools, and he has not made his choice.

Talent: are Corley and Mitchell roughly comparable?

Comment

• I sort of think they're comparable. Ohio State seems to like Corley more. My take on OSU WR recruiting right now is that they have 1 spot ONLY if they LOVE the kid. Corley is with 2 other WRs who they'd take for that spot. But if it's not one of those 3 then I think they'll try to get value at another position. Also, I think Mitchell would have been a definite take last year, but with where they stand with other kids, especially in 2017, I guess not.

They've had Austin Mack, Donnie Corley, Ahmir Mitchell, Nate Craig-Meyers and Binjamin Victor (amongst others) at camps in Columbus working out. So, it's not like they haven't seen this guys up close.

But, to my untrained eye I don't see a real difference b/t Corley and Mitchell from their highlight reels. Mitchell is a legit kid who can be really good. Reminds me of when Hoke and Co. had to pass on Tommy Schutt.

Comment

• Lavert Hill trending towards Michigan. Funny how things ebb and flow with recruits. Corley wasn't even on the radar a couple of weeks ago.
            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Another huge hidden gem pickup

Comment

• Sir [sic] Patrick Scott, 3-star?!?

Immediate red flag, someone should explain that you actually have to be Knighted by the Queen in order to hold the title and not some make-believe shit off a Mod Squad rerun shared over a bottle of ripple, WTF?
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Yayyy another mediocre recruit taken away from Boston College and NC State!

Comment

• I don't know crap about the kid. The only thing I found odd was that Maryland had not offered.

Comment

• Sir Francis Drake, Sir Walter Raleigh, there is a pattern here.

Harbaugh better cull the class ASAP, 22 spots filled already, many key recruits still available. Dump the trash.

Comment

• He can keep the helmet. [Photo credit: Scout] 247's Steve Lorenz reports that Michigan has picked up a commitment from three-star Upper Marlboro (MD) Riverdale Baptist cornerback Sir Patrick Scott during today's BBQ at the Big House. Scott is the 22nd commit in the 2016 class and the third at cornerback, joining Antwaine Richardson and Benjamin St-Juste. To the best of my knowledge, he's the second Sir Patrick to grace the Big House with his presence. GURU RATINGS Scout Rivals ESPN 247 247 Comp 3*, #57 CB 3*, NR CB 3*, 77, #40 CB 3*, 87, #64 CB, #653 Ovr 3*, #59 CB, #661 Ovr All four sites have Scott off the four-star pace by a decent margin with ESPN the most bullish on his ability. He's got a nice frame for a corner. All four sites list him at 6'1", with three of them pegging him at 170-175 pounds and Scout at 190. SCOUTING Taller corners often aren't the most fluid athletes, but Scout's free evaluation alleviates those concerns when it comes to Scott: Evaluation Scott is a physical, aggressive cornerback who can flip his hips and run with receiver as well as playing press coverage. He locates the ball well and has an ability to close on a receiver. He drives on the ball well and sits low in his backpedal. He needs to add some upper body strength to be able to combat receivers with size. -- Brian Dohn Strengths Backpedal Quickness Hip Flexibility Recovery Ability Areas to Improve Blitzing Ability Size ESPN praises Scott's combination of size and closing speed and goes into detail on his coverage ability ($): Best when pressed. Is tall and high cut which is concerning vs elite speed and quickness. Flashes quick feet and the ability to turn and run without losing much momentum. Will recover with length and his ability to reach and deflect ball from receiver when a few steps are gained on him. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder using the sideline as an alley. Will adjust well to routes and make a play on the football. Does a good job to transition forward and set the edge in run support or underneath coverage. May not want playing off on an island. They like him much more as a press man corner than a zone corner, which shouldn't be a major issue considering the direction Michigan's defense is headed. ESPN also mentions that Scott could be a future safety. Rivals' Adam Friedman thought along the same lines when he saw Scott at June's Riverdale Baptist 7-on-7 tournament, where Friedman said he raised his stock ($): Scott is a big defensive back with ideal size for a safety. His frame is already pretty filled out and he quickly reacts to what he sees in front of him. As continues to convert from cornerback to safety, Scott is focused on getting out of his backpedal faster. His physicality was impressive as well. Scott's strength helped him knock down passes when receivers already had the ball in their hands. That's about it as far as scouting goes on Scott for now. OFFERS Scott holds offers from Arizona, Boston College, Cal, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan State, NC State, Pitt, Temple, Wake Forest, Washington State, Wisconsin, and a handful of others. HIGH SCHOOL Riverdale Baptist has produced only one Power 5 commit, 2005 Maryland DT signee Travis Ivey, prior to this class in the Rivals era. This year, however, they've got a talented and spectacularly named pair of rising senior cornerbacks in Scott and three-star Penn State commit Zechariah McPhearson. STATS No updated stats available. FAKE 40 TIME His Scout profile lists an estimated 40 time of 4.65, which gets four FAKEs out of five for saying "estimated" right up front. VIDEO Junior highlights: Sophomore highlights and single-game reels can be found on his Hudl page. PREDICTION BASED ON FLIMSY EVIDENCE With Michigan moving to more man press coverage, I expect Scott will stick at corner. Making the relatively safe assumption that he'll take a redshirt year or play a small role as a freshman, that would put him in a potentially wide open competition with Reon Dawson, Brandon Watson, Keith Washington, Richardson, and St-Juste for a starting role in 2017. UPSHOT FOR THE REST OF THE CLASS Barring decommitments or St-Juste reclassifying to 2017—which is a possibility—Scott should wrap up Michigan's cornerback recruiting for the class, especially since ATH Chris Evans could land at the position (though slot still appears to be his most likely destination). As for the class as a whole, Michigan is now at 22 commits with 14 scholarships currently open. The scholarship situation was covered in detail in a June mailbag; between unrenewed fifth-year seniors, yet-to-be-announced medical scholarships, expected attrition as the depth chart becomes more clear at certain crowded position groups, and attrition from within the class itself, Michigan should have room for their current commits and 3-6 more. Areas of need include wide receiver, tight end, WDE/BUCK LB, defensive tackle, and one more offensive lineman. Top individual targets include five-star NJ DT Rashan Gary, five-star CA OLB Caleb Kelly, four-star MD OG Terrance Davis, four-star TX OT Jean Delance, four-star NC OT Landon Dickerson, four-star WR Ahmir Mitchell, four-star ILB Devin Bush Jr., and PA TE Naseir Upshur.

Perhaps Harbaugh is preparing, in the event we do not land those key players.
                        Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• I wish we would have gotten a coach that knows how to recruit good football talent.

He has absolutely no experience in developing marginal talent.

He has no clue when it comes to competing with the "big" schools for talent.

He can't close the deal on 4-5 star athletes.

Why did Hackett want this guy so badly?

Surely there had to be better candidates available.

Such a waste. Michigan stays in the dumper for another decade.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                            Sir Francis Drake, Sir Walter Raleigh, there is a pattern here.

Harbaugh better cull the class ASAP, 22 spots filled already, many key recruits still available. Dump the trash.
                            To Sir with love....
                            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8-M_wg8AI4"]Lulu To Sir With Love 1967 Stereo - YouTube[/ame]
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Federal Judge: Enough With the Stupid Names

After Judge Cabrera’s historic ruling, little Clitoria Jackson will likely undergo a name change.
                                (DETROIT) In a decision that’s expected to send shockwaves through the African-American community—and yet, give much relief to teachers everywhere—a federal judge ruled today that black women no longer have independent naming rights for their children. Too many black children—and many adults—bear names that border on not even being words, he said.

“I am simply tired of these ridiculous names black women are giving their children,” said U.S. Federal Judge Ryan Cabrera before rendering his decision. “Someone had to put a stop to it.”

The rule applies to all black women, but Cabrera singled out impoverished mothers.

“They are the worst perpetrators,” he said. “They put in apostrophes where none are needed. They think a ‘Q’ is a must. There was a time when Shaniqua and Tawanda were names you dreaded. Now, if you’re a black girl, you hope you get a name as sensible as one of those.”

Few stepped forward to defend black women—and black women themselves seemed relieved.

“It’s so hard to keep coming up with something unique,” said Uneeqqi Jenkins, 22, an African-American mother of seven who survives on public assistance. Her children are named Daryl, Q’Antity, Uhlleejsha, Cray-Ig, Fellisittee, Tay’Sh’awn and Day’Shawndra.

Beginning in one week, at least three white people must agree with the name before a black mother can name her child.

“Hopefully we can see a lot more black children with sensible names like Jake and Connor,” Cabrera said.

His ruling stemmed from a lawsuit brought by a 13-year-old girl whose mother created her name using Incan hieroglyphics.

“She said it would make me stand out,” said the girl, whose name can’t be reproduced by The Peoples News’ technology. “But it’s really just stupid.”

The National Association of Elementary School Teachers celebrated Cabrera’s decision.

“Oh my God, the first day of school you’d be standing there sweating, looking at the list of names wondering ‘How do I pronounce Q’J’Q’Sha.’?” said Joyce Harmon, NAEST spokeswoman. “Is this even English?”

The practice of giving black children outlandish names began in the 1960s, when blacks were getting in touch with their African roots, said historian Corlione Vest. But even he admits it got out of hand.

“I have a niece who’s six. I’m embarrassed to say I can’t even pronounce her name,” said Vest, a professor at Princeton University. “Whenever I want to talk to her, I just wait until she looks at me and then I wave her over.”

Cabrera’s ruling exempted black men because so few of them are actually involved in their children’s lives.

Comment

Working...
                                X