Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbaugh continues his mission to destroy Michigan football by receiving the commitment of lowly 3-star safety Devin Gill, who had been committed to the University of Miami.

One can only hope that AD Jim Hackett will wake up and realize that the San Francisco 49ers got it right when they fired Harbaugh for his ineptitude as a head coach. Harbaugh has never properly evaluated football talent, he got it all wrong at San Diego, Stanford and San Francisco, and now he's being allowed to destroy Michigan.

Please, Jim Hackett .. fire Harbaugh now. Maybe its not too late to get Mike Debord in here.

This season, and this program is toast.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      Harbaugh continues his mission to destroy Michigan football by receiving the commitment of lowly 3-star safety Devin Gill, who had been committed to the University of Miami.

One can only hope that AD Jim Hackett will wake up and realize that the San Francisco 49ers got it right when they fired Harbaugh for his ineptitude as a head coach. Harbaugh has never properly evaluated football talent, he got it all wrong at San Diego, Stanford and San Francisco, and now he's being allowed to destroy Michigan.

Please, Jim Hackett .. fire Harbaugh now. Maybe its not too late to get Mike Debord in here.

Completely agree with every single aspect of this post.

Comment

• More bad recruiting news for Michigan ...

Michigan quarterback signee Zach Gentry stands 6'7" and has naturally carried a lanky frame for the majority of his high school career. However, a hard working off-season in the weightroom has him feeling stronger than ever less than a week before he heads to Ann Arbor.

"I'm up to 6'7"/242," Gentry told Wolverine247 on Saturday afternoon. "I received the spring workout package not too long after I signed and I've been staying to it to the tee. I've kept up with my nutrition and been working hard on my game as well. I'm excited to get to Ann Arbor to show what I can do."

Gentry, who flipped from Texas to Michigan late in the recruiting process, may be the highest ceiling quarterback on Michigan's roster despite being a true freshman. He is expected to compete with Jake Rudock, Shane Morris, Wilton Speight and Alex Malzone for the starting job in the 2015 season.

Comment

Harbaugh continues his mission to destroy Michigan football by receiving the commitment of lowly 3-star safety Devin Gill, who had been committed to the University of Miami.

Liney, your sarcasm whenever anyone questions one of Harbaugh's moves is really stale. You used it toward anyone who questioned Rodriguez and Hoke, too. I know... they weren't HARBAUGH!
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Hey, I can't help it if I'm stale. I'm getting older now ....

You know, my comments, while admittedly somewhat sarcastic, have a ring of truth to them. Just the other day, when that 5 star kid committed to Michigan, he was immediately dropped to a 4 star by the 'composite". We all know that you can't win NC's with only 4 stars ...

I have my true opinions on where Michigan will end up this year, but in reading things in here over the past few weeks, I see that I'm in a small minority.

So, I'll just sit over here in the corner with my Maalox and Geritol, .. and mock everyone who feels otherwise.

Comment

• I'm just not going to be optimistic anymore. I'll believe it when I see it. I know Harbaugh's a good coach, but his recruiting baffles me so far, and I'm getting tired of the media making him look like a bozo. Every day there's a new story about his odd behavior. I don't remember this much emphasis on his "quirks" when he was at Stanford. I also don't remember him being so daffy as a player. Is it all a put on?

Comment

• and I'm getting tired of the media making him look like a bozo. Every day there's a new story about his odd behavior. I don't remember this much emphasis on his "quirks" when he was at Stanford. I also don't remember him being so daffy as a player. Is it all a put on?
                I'm putting this in here because I had already planned to do so.

But Rock ... I'm warning you, .. you may not want to click on it ... do so at your own risk ...

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not concerned about his coaching ability or his unconventional drills. I'm more concerned about his growing media image as a nutcase. Maybe I'm too much of an Eeyore.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; June 20, 2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

We all know that you can't win NC's with only 4 stars ...

I have my true opinions on where Michigan will end up this year, but in reading things in here over the past few weeks, I see that I'm in a small minority.
                    Regarding the comment of "you can't win NC's with only 4 stars," I don't think anybody has ever said that. The issue is that you can't win with half your team being 2*/low 3*'s. Or your hit rate has to be absolutely absurd. And I know you're being sarcastic with that comment, but at the same time maybe not.

As for your expectation for this season, where do you think they will be? And that's a serious question, not a leading question. I initially though anywhere from 8-4 to 10-2 with my prediction being 9-3. I now think that may be a tad high. I may drop the range and expected win total down a game.

Comment

• BuckTalent, LOL.

Liney, our National Title QB arrives in a week or two, bulked to 6'7" 242lbs , Harbaugh has done nothing but win big with most players he coached. Fuck the armchair ranking services , they carry no weight in the real football world.

Last edited by Prime2; June 21, 2015, 07:23 AM.
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I saw that story, Prime. The kid is huge, and he's been doing everything the staff has told him to. It would be fun to see him arrive at fall camp, and be the guy that wins the backup job to Rudock.

Bucklion, I'm not going to set a prediction for the number of wins and losses just yet. I want to see how the OL and QB situation shakes out. I have absolutely no concerns about the defense, because I believe it will be excellent.

I love the Harbaugh hire, and I'm probably one of a very small minority here that is giving him a totally free pass on his recruiting, and his season preparation methods for the team this year. The man has proven (to my satisfaction at least) that he's an excellent evaluator of football talent, and he's also a very fine game day coach. There was absolutely nobody better suited or available for the job when it was offered. I'm glad we got him.

I may be inclined to make a loose w/l prediction come the end of August. I need to see what opponents are doing as well.

Comment

• UM Football Recruiting - by WM Wolverine

Scheme also is important... If you use a FB, mostly likely the best won't be highly regarded by rivals or the NFL. GT scheme won't bring in the stars and it won't get you a lot of drFt picks. But with the right players it you can be successful.

I saw this for years at UNL.. Nice blend of players who fit the roles needed. In fact in all college sports there are guys who were very successful in college and dominated but we're not a good fit for the pros. That doesn't mean you can't win with them or one model fits all

Finally.. Last yr when rivals improved rankings of 80+ SEC kids and dropped about the same number of BIG kids... Just don't have absolute faith in what they say. They are after subscriptions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by entropy; June 20, 2015, 11:59 PM.
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• That was one of the reasons I dropped my Rivals subscription, Ent. The Michigan site was just recycling stories from the Detroit newspapers, and the rest of the company is a shill for the SEC. I'm not paying into that anymore.

Comment

• You might not remember Liney, I posted in the megasite (as packfan) that Hoke will be M's next HC. You told me that would never happen, if only you were right :-) Anyway those days are gone, im somewhat shocked (like you) at the naysayers regards to Harbaugh's recuiting. Best HC possible for Michigan... period! Things are looking up.

Comment

• Quality of The Wolverine/M's Rivals site has went downhill pretty quickly the past few years. At least two of their former best insiders are gone/promoted. The quality of the insider information and analysis they provide is barely any better than mgoblog, better in some ways, worse in others.

Comment

Working...
                                X