Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am 100% sure that could have been fabricated out of thin air.

Comment

• I'm surprised no one has taken a chance on Tressel. It's not often a coach with a NC is just sitting at home. I know it will never happen but could you imagine the uproar if Michigan hired him
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hell would freeze!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I believe that Tressel is banned from coaching another college team for a couple more years.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, he still has a "show-cause" penalty on him. Though, in view of what the NCAA gave Frank Haith (who paid people to lie to the NCAA and was suspended for 8 hoops games or something), I'm not sure how wed the NCAA would be to the full 5 years. So, with the show-cause thing, you have to go to the NCAA and get its approval to hire him. As I said, if it's 3 or 4 years in, hard to see them sticking it to him for the full 5 in view of recent penalties. Then again, the NCAA is the definition of arbitrary.

I've heard that he will probably coach again, but it won't be in the B10 -- probably more than likely at a smaller school -- MAC or something. He loves coaching and misses it. Personally, I think it would be great if could finish out his career at YSU.

My wife did say she'd love to see Tressel at M to stick it to OSU fans. LOL. I told her I'm not sure which fanbase would be more devastated.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He'd never come to Big Blue. I met him a couple of years ago on a USO tour and he was pretty nice. I was chatting with Rick Neuhisel when I asked him if the guy standing next to him was his assistant (it was Tressel). We both laughed and Tressel went into a tissy fit spouting off about State this and Ohio State that

Then he saw my U of M shirt and started laughing with us. It was actually kind of cool. I took a picture with him and told him not to smile.
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• How many Silkwood showers did you have to take after meeting Neuheisel?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• lol, he was actually pretty cool. He was a very personable guy and they'd traveled far to support the troops so my hat was off to him.

Plus he seemed to get a kick out of pissing off Tressel which made me smile.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Shudder. NEVER. I'd rather lose.

Comment

• No.. "the senator" has probably worn out his welcome in the B1G. But, I can see a big time school taking him on if he's so inclined. Not making a joke here, but he could land somewhere like the SEC or the Pac 12, if that's where he wanted to be.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Tressel will be back somewhere. Maybe Akron or Kent. A program like Illinois would be smart to take a chance on him as well.

Hack- You're getting your wish! Hurrah for gallant defeat! HOORAH!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Either way, someone put that out there. Nobody fabricated it out of thin air.
                          Yes, someone put it out there. No, somebody did fabricate it out of thin air.
                          It's a bullshit article on a bullshit site with 3 unamed sources. No need to read anything more into it.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I could see a Purdue or Illinois taking Tressel, bottom B10 program.

Comment

• While he wouldn't come here I'd take Tressel in a heartbeat and never look back. I bleed maize and blue but I'd make an exception there.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I could easily see him failing. Tressell is very likely a local phenomenon. He's an Ohio guy. What's he going to do without the best recruits in the state flowing to his program? Is a good question. I could see him having more success here than in Illinois, but Michigan won't have him, and shouldn't. There's others out there, when Michigan is smart enough to want to look.

Comment

Working...
                                X