This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's order some subs and get crazy!
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yup. It's a day for breakin' out all the trappings of celebration -- a 15-year-old single malt, a nice Cuban cigar, and a Subway Meatball Primavera. That's how it's done.

Comment

• Damn sweet, figured you more of a roadkill connaisseur.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Enthusiast, yes. Connoisseur, no. I think the latter title goes only to those that know a fair bit about what it is they are consuming. But, in the end, I just like consuming whatever it is that will help me be perceived by other people as rich and tasteful.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Enthusiast, yes. Connoisseur, no. I think the latter title goes only to those that know a fair bit about what it is they are consuming. But, in the end, I just like consuming whatever it is that will help me be perceived by other people as rich and tasteful.
            In other words, no more McDonalds Dollar Menu for hack! He's going all out and ordering the Supersize Combo Meals, throwing around the BIG BUCKS!

Comment

• He eats his chicken wrap from McDonald's with his pinky extended.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Enthusiast, yes. Connoisseur, no. I think the latter title goes only to those that know a fair bit about what it is they are consuming. But, in the end, I just like consuming whatever it is that will help me be perceived by other people as rich and tasteful.
                The many layers of Hack and all this time I thought you were just soft in the head.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Just yesterday I was going to write that the Class of '14 is pretty much wrapped up and I'm going to need to make a Class of '15 recruiting board very soon; with 5 (I count Pallante as '15) members already it's nearly a third of the way filled as it'll probably only be 15-17 members... Only needs left for the '14 Class I see are the two DL who want to take officials (Hand & McDowell) and a DB (Nicholson, Juju, Lattimore, E Smith, etc.); they've got 15 commits and probably will take 19...

Damien Harris RB (5*) was kinda a question of when, always felt he was a very strong M lean (he was very active with M's current commits via twitter). I'd compare him to Derrick Green. He along with Weber (M lean imo) allowed M to shoot for the moon in RB recruiting in '14 and not recruit Plan B types.

Comment

• Well given what we now know about my diet the one place bankably soft is the gut.

Comment

• Needs for Class of '15 (hard to do this early w/o '14 complete):

*QB: 1
                      *RB: 2 (assuming Fournette is SEC bound -Damien Harris committed, Michael Weber (Cass Tech) is a good bet to fill the other spot)
                      *WR: 2 (only 1 spot left after back-to-back classes of 3 - Campbell already committed, this makes a bit of a race for the last WR spot; Brian Cole might want to secure his spot quickly)
                      *OL: 3 (with only 2 in '14 they'll need OL - Runyan already committed, M likely favorite for Joshua Alabi)
                      *TE: 1 (I'll have to see how many they've offered, if there is someone they really like, they'll take him)

*DL: 2-3 (They've built up depth here and will be very picky, assuming McDowell & Hand are Wolverines; otherwise they might want a 3rd DL - Pallante already committed)
                      *LB: 2 (ditto, they are in a position of strength of here)
                      *DB: 2 (they've added a lot of numbers here in the past few classes and the '14 class is still growing)
                      *K: 1 (already committed)

It's going to be a small class barring a lot of attrition, only 12 spots before attrition but there is a lot of time for attrition to kick in. I'm projecting 16 for now and where attrition happens might affect 'my' projected numbers above.

I'm not worried about de-commits from the early '15 commits, most these kids were easy sells and see M as their dream school and Hoke has had very few de-commits to date.
                      Last edited by WM Wolverine; July 29, 2013, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• I'd pencil Wheatley Jr. in the class as well, no matter the position he ends up.

Comment

• Agree, DE/TE type. Not positive if they've offered yet, they might want to figure out his position first but he sounds like a great athlete if they can find a position for him.

Comment

• Only remaining pressing needs in '15 that I see are that we need some surefire OT types (not "slash" guys) and we could use a superstar QB. Could always use more DB playmakers too.

Comment

• With back-to-back very good classes, you don't have a lot of pressing needs. If these recruiting classes are as good as hoped, M should be back to playing in Rose/BCS/playoff bowls for awhile with a Capital One or Holiday Bowl mixed in on a down season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                Agree, DE/TE type. Not positive if they've offered yet, they might want to figure out his position first but he sounds like a great athlete if they can find a position for him.
                                Thought I saw a few weeks ago they did offer, but not 100% sure on that. If not, it's only a matter of time. Kid's a beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X