Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can count me among that group, too. I've thought Borges has been a disaster this year but I'll give him props for today. They did the best they could with what they had. It was a stark departure from the Lincoln and C-bus clusterfucks.

Comment

• the big mistake by Borges and co happened in the spring... if they had gone to the Devin at QB, and Denard at RB/WR right then ...I think our season turns out very differently ... but it would have been incredibly hard to demote the face of your program to another position. I think Hokeorges were in a difficult position. Denard did a lot of great things for us and got us a few W's we didn't deserve... this era is over, and I think we will be in a much better position to evaluate Borges.

Comment

• Back to recruiting... if they can land D Green, it would help Gardner a lot. They would have a true running threat that defenses have to respect, and throwing lanes will open up.

A full spring and fall training camp should help Gardner tremendously. Hopefully so well, that they can afford to red shirt Morris.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Derrick Green won't help much next year. He's good, but he's not a true frosh difference maker.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I kind of agree with that talent.

He's good and will be a very good RB, but I'm not sure his will surpass Rawls or Fitz(if healthy). Right off the bat anyways.

Comment

• Hey may surpass what M has at the moment. But that doesn't mean he'll be a difference-maker or even particularly good. That's JMO.

And honestly, from the things I've read from various non-M insiders, they don't know where Green is going. I think he's less "in the bag" for M than, say, Treadwell was 6 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Mallory View Post
                He's good and will be a very good RB, but I'm not sure his will surpass Rawls or Fitz(if healthy). Right off the bat anyways.
                If he's even remotely as good as his recruiting rankings, he should immediately be much better than Rawls.

Comment

• Every time I see "Rawls" I think of Bill Rawls from The Wire. LOL. Pardon the aside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                    who did McQuay end up choosing? FSU, Vandy?? Given he is an early enrollee, I presume today is deadline day.
                    He is announcing at the Under Armor game on Friday.

Comment

• He ain't Colonel Sanders.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        You can count me among that group, too. I've thought Borges has been a disaster this year but I'll give him props for today. They did the best they could with what they had. It was a stark departure from the Lincoln and C-bus clusterfucks.

Thanks for admitting what everyone with a clue hear had to be thinking, Mike.

I agree with your sentiments 100%. With Borges having 5 weeks to prepare his offense, he did a terrific job in the Outback Bowl. He's still not out of the woods for me though, but I'm more optimistic about his game prep and game management skills. He laid some terrible eggs this season only to lay a pretty golden one yesterday. Hated that the D couldn't get a sack on the last drive. Just one of those and M probably wins.

But the Ol' Ball Coach new exactly where M's weakness was on D. Just like most of us did here and that's where Spurrier won the game - exploiting that. He didn't abandon the long ball. Kept on calling those plays. He had to know his QBs were taking a beating standing in there against multiple blitzes to make those plays. On that last drive, I think there were two just incredible throws and catches.
                        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• We averaged 4.3 yards per snap on offense. Okay given the level of competition, but the fact that people are singing Borges's praises after a game in which we averaged 4.3 yards per snap is an example of how low expectations breed success.

Comment

• Not singing his praises at all ....... its that, for me, he has taken a step back from the shit-storm he created for himself in Lincoln and c-bus.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• [youtube]AcwYEGdKto8[/youtube]
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• All discusions eventually return to Borges.....

Back to recruiting:

Sam Webb reported this morning that Derrick Green has decided not to announce his choice at the U.S. Army All-American game, but that he continues to say that Michigan is his leader. I wish I knew why he continues to put of his announcement. Still has the feel that he's looking for something better to come along.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X