No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He apparently wasn't aware that the military has its own justice system. I don't think he really knows much about the details of the military.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Whatever gave you that impression?

Comment

• Boogeyman by US hegemonists? Not sure what you actually mean, but we can judge Putin on his record.

Comment

• And Hack, it is a good try to say that the Clintons have been investigated more than any politician of our generation, and since nothing sticks, maybe they are more honest than most. There has never been a serious investigation of the Clintons by the news media. The media does everything possible to protect them, because the controlled media is part of the power structure in the US. I said I thought Director Comey would make a good president on this forum, but even he authorized a document dump on the Friday afternoon before Labor Day. Think of the IRS being used against political enemies of the Establishment. What Hanibal says about Trump appealing to folks who see this one-party system is correct.

There may have never been a serious investigation of Clinton by news media, but there have been serious investigations by law enforcement bodies and special prosecutors and Congressional committees and all sorts of entities that have the legal ability to extract information far more than any media investigation could. So no matter the rightness or wrongness of your media complaints, they aren't the body you would look to in order to evaluate my statement.

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh is a big fan of Tom Cruise, and would like to meet him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post

There may have never been a serious investigation of Clinton by news media, but there have been serious investigations by law enforcement bodies and special prosecutors and Congressional committees and all sorts of entities that have the legal ability to extract information far more than any media investigation could. So no matter the rightness or wrongness of your media complaints, they aren't the body you would look to in order to evaluate my statement.
              I'm sure that Rupert Murdoch has spent a few bucks investigating the Clintons.

Comment

• So did the Times. Clinton arrived in office in '92. That was before the bottom caved out on newspapers and investigative budgets, and was before the era of hyperpartisan media in which we now suffer. The Times spent plenty of investigative firepower on Whitewater, and claims to have uncovered the whole thing. This link reveals more incompetence than partisanship, mostly skewed toward sensationalism at the expense of the facts: http://mediamatters.org/research/200...ater-mi/139009. But whatever you think of how the media performed, and acknowledging that a media investigation is not a substitute for one by the appropriate legal authorities, I don't know how there's any way to really truly back the statement that ``there may have never a serious investigation of Clinton by news media''. Objectively that just doesn't seem to be true at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  I don't know how there's any way to really truly back the statement that ``there may have never a serious investigation of Clinton by news media''. Objectively that just doesn't seem to be true at all.
                  Well, you have start by understanding that the premise isn't supposed to be true....just believable.

Comment

• The Times did it's usual overstep/refuse to walk back thing, as they later did with Judith Miller and the WMD in Iraq, but in a sense this was still media playing the role it should: unearthing something warranting formal attention. The reporting was followed by investigations by relevant authorities.

Comment

• Gary Johnson learned that Aleppo exists this morning, from a reporter. So...progress there.

I guess #whatisaleppo was trending on Twitter earlier.
                      Last edited by Wild Hoss; September 8, 2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• A lepo is really fast and has spots, and when I am a grown-up I will be able to say the whole word.

Sad bit about that is that the coverage is solely focused on the fact that he didn't recognize it immediately. And then the Times compounded it with an inaccurate story about Aleppo: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...aleppo_is.html.

These are our times. Media ditches the informative part of this in favor of the sensationalism, and can't even get that right.

Makes the era featuring a mishandled Whitewater investigation look pretty good.
                        Last edited by hack; September 8, 2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• reasonable response:

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• 1. Johnson doesn't know what Aleppo is
                            2. NYT confuses Aleppo w/ Raqqa
                            3. NYT corrects, confusing Aleppo w/ Damascus

It's funny how both parties loyalist are making this a big deal.. yet Hillary and Trump have "misspoke" several times..
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• There may have never been a serious investigation of Clinton by news media, but there have been serious investigations by law enforcement bodies and special prosecutors and Congressional committees and all sorts of entities that have the legal ability to extract information far more than any media investigation could. So no matter the rightness or wrongness of your media complaints, they aren't the body you would look to in order to evaluate my statement.
                              We simply disagree on this. No investigative entity has had or currently has any ability to compel Billary to tell the truth. Both have been compulsive liars about issues both large and small, and their lies have been subject to a virtual blackout in the media. Again, lying has no downside for them (other than Bill losing his law license). That is the core of what I am saying. Only negative political repercussions (a "cost") from their lying has any likelihood of eliciting the truth from either. And only the political media has any ability to impose a political cost.

Has Billary lied under oath?
                              If so, what actual repercussions has lying under oath had to either?
                              Last edited by Da Geezer; September 8, 2016, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• I don't find that Gary Johnson thing to be very controversial.

Comment

Working...
                                X