Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
    if they want to argue that budget wasn't talked about, but instead she talked about her influencing the naming of the building they are missing the point (intentionally). And that was that she took the occasion to draw attention to herself. Kelly's point stands, even if he mistaken grandstanding over naming of the building rather than the funding.
    She also thanked Republicans, asked that the police stand up and be applauded, and told the lengthy story of the two FBI agents who had lost their lives. Kelly got basic facts wrong about her speech and mischaracterized it to be a speech that did nothing but praise herself. You clearly haven't watched video of it if you and Geezer want to characterize it that way.

Kelly was willing to use his own personal credibility to change the topic from Trump's comments to this Congresswoman's history. No surprise that our resident Trump-admirers were eager to change the subject as well.

Comment

• RCP average shows Trump has a -16 approval rating. The most recent Gallup poll showed -25

30.6% of American think the country is on the 'right track'. That's down from about 40% in March.

The Congressional generic ballot has Democrats ahead anywhere from +6 to +11 since August

On this map you can track how Trump's approval has changed state-by-state since January.

In January Trump was +6 in Wisconsin, +9 in Iowa, +10 in Pennsylvania, +7 in Michigan, and +14 in Ohio (Also note that even most Dem states appeared to be willing to give him a chance)

In September Trump was -12 in Wisconsin, -11 in Iowa, -6 in Pennsylvania, -15 in Michigan, and -3 in Ohio.

Just being 'different' doesn't work for people over the long run. Voters are getting to know him now and aren't sure they like what they see.

Comment

• 1.5T in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid in order to give the obscenely rich a tax cut. How does this help people overall?
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          1.5T in cuts to Medicare and Medicaid in order to give the obscenely rich a tax cut. How does this help people overall?
          Up thread, Jon, I think it was, posted a link to a NYT piece by Charles Blow. In it he talks about the impact of a presidency such as Donald Trump's.

He concludes by saying that while the Trump presidency does not pose a threat to your life, by eroding it, it does pose a threat to a civilized American way of life most of us have experienced for decades.

In his concluding sentence he wonders if Americans have enough sense to discern what is happening to them through subtle (and perhaps not so subtle) manipulation.

If you haven't read this, it is a well thought out piece of journalism.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            RCP average shows Trump has a -16 approval rating. The most recent Gallup poll showed -25

30.6% of American think the country is on the 'right track'. That's down from about 40% in March.

The Congressional generic ballot has Democrats ahead anywhere from +6 to +11 since August

On this map you can track how Trump's approval has changed state-by-state since January.

In January Trump was +6 in Wisconsin, +9 in Iowa, +10 in Pennsylvania, +7 in Michigan, and +14 in Ohio (Also note that even most Dem states appeared to be willing to give him a chance)

In September Trump was -12 in Wisconsin, -11 in Iowa, -6 in Pennsylvania, -15 in Michigan, and -3 in Ohio.

Just being 'different' doesn't work for people over the long run. Voters are getting to know him now and aren't sure they like what they see.
            Oh, polls. Because the Clinton +12's were so accurate one year ago
            Last edited by Kapture1; October 21, 2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• If you haven't read this, it is a well thought out piece of journalism.
              One man's journalism is another man's propaganda.

I stopped reading this "Trump as Hitler" piece when I came upon the following paragraph:

It should be mentioned that Vanity Fair reported in 1990 that Trump’s first wife, Ivana, “told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler’s collected speeches, ‘My New Order,’ which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed.” The magazine pointed out that “Hitler’s speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist.” (At the time, Trump said, “If I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them.”)

This is well thought out, but it isn't journalism. It is standard prog garbage, nothing more.

Quoting Kapture from above:
              At the same time that the jobs reports have been stellar, ISIS is on the run, stock market is at an all time high, confidence in the economy and manufacturing is at a decade high, taxes are about to be lowered, illegal immigration is way down, fantastic SCOTUS appointment, no evidence of Russia collusion after months and months of investigations by several different agencies and committees, and prototypes of the wall are being constructed.

but 98% negative coverage
              Last edited by Da Geezer; October 21, 2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                Oh, polls. Because thr Clinton +12's were so accurate one year ago
                She wasn't leading by 12 in November. The polls right before the election were very accurate. At least the national ones.

I realize it's part of a Trump supporter's Bible to dismiss them all, however.

Comment

• I wouldn't call it journalism either -- it's an opinion piece, and those have their place in the newspaper on a different page than reported stories. But he's right. Americans are frogs in boiling water, and if there's one area where Trump is clearly capable, it's yanking people's chains. He used the pain of private people for his public gain yet again, bungled yet another thing, and has people blaming someone on the left for "politicizing" things. He does only one thing with competence, but he's awfully damn good at it.

Comment

• Quote Kapture all you want, Geezer. Trump's very unpopular and he's a danger to drag down other Republicans. They're retiring more and more.

Speaking of investigations that have dragged on for months and months with no results to show for it, how's that Massive Voter Fraud investigation coming? They did uncover a pedophile on the Commission's staff, so I guess that's something!

Comment

• Haven't seen an update on trumps slander lawsuits of the 11 women who said he sexually assaulted them either.

I'm sure an update is coming "real soon".

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        Haven't seen an update on trumps slander lawsuits of the 11 women who said he sexually assaulted them either.

I'm sure an update is coming "real soon".
                        There's sort of an update! On October 12, 2016, the NY Times published the groping story. Trump laughably demanded the failing New York Times (so terrible) immediately apologize, retract, and erase all evidence of the story. Failure to do so would result in ACTIONS AND REMEDIES! Ooh, scary!

Trump's so proud of this cease and desist letter, they've left it up on his website

Well anyways, Trump had a one-year deadline to file a libel suit against the Times. Yeah, as you can probably guess, the deadline's come and gone: no lawsuit.

That's significant because Wednesday, the statute of limitations expires on a libel claim brought in New York over the publication's groping story.

Comment

• Recall that Trump's last interview with Bartiromo led to some incredible details about the chocolate cake he and President Xi were eating at Mar a Lago. He could more easily recall what the cake was like than which country he bombed.

The transcript is already out and it looks like Round 2 could be just as good! His comments on the Fed are gold, Jerry, gold!!!

People have no — most people have no idea how important that position is.  That position is actually — more — a lot of people get rid of the Fed.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            She wasn't leading by 12 in November. The polls right before the election were very accurate. At least the national ones.

I realize it's part of a Trump supporter's Bible to dismiss them all, however.
                            So what you are saying is basically proving my point. The only polls that really matter are the final ones, or ones that are very close to an election because the numbers are being fucked with. Then last min they tighten because the pollsters want to be as close to right as they can be.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Quote Kapture all you want, Geezer. Trump's very unpopular and he's a danger to drag down other Republicans. They're retiring more and more.

Speaking of investigations that have dragged on for months and months with no results to show for it, how's that Massive Voter Fraud investigation coming? They did uncover a pedophile on the Commission's staff, so I guess that's something!
                            You continue to underestimate how the left is viewed by half the country. That type of smugness was the reason I voted for Trump (I was a Ted Cruz guy). I thought election night was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I still go back and watch the Young Turks election night coverage when I need a good laugh. The left has not done itself any favors since the election, and it's a constant doubling down, I predict not only will the dems not get what they expect in 2018, but 2020 is going to be another epic melt.

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            There's sort of an update! On October 12, 2016, the NY Times published the groping story. Trump laughably demanded the failing New York Times (so terrible) immediately apologize, retract, and erase all evidence of the story. Failure to do so would result in ACTIONS AND REMEDIES! Ooh, scary!

Trump's so proud of this cease and desist letter, they've left it up on his website

Well anyways, Trump had a one-year deadline to file a libel suit against the Times. Yeah, as you can probably guess, the deadline's come and gone: no lawsuit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...-filed-1047680
                            Perhaps he has bigger and more important things on his plate... Besides when you are a public figure or famous, you can really only win a libel suite if you can prove actual damages, and he won the presidency.

Comment

• Yeah I don't get the weird proposition that calling out the administration lies is detrimental to election prospects. Like I give a shit, I'm not a campaign manager.. Here is a pro tip, the guys in charge are pathological liars, he tells bald face whoppers every effing day, it's not like if you accept those lies that is the tonic for his defeat.

2020 is a long way away, but it is unlikely he can win threading the needle the same way. He can win, but it won't be that way. He won a lot of late undecideds in a race with high undecideds. They were willing to give him a chance.

Comment

• He can't win a libel suit because it's true, the access Hollywood tape was not locker room talk, it was was a confessional. For MAGAS that was a feature, not a bug, they loaded up on the tic-tacs.

Comment

Working...
                                X