No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We didn't know it at the time, but rock music died around the turn of the century. If you are talking any music rock related you are bound to sound old. On the drive time home the New Music Rock Alternative without fail will play a song by the Beasties and Rage. They will mix in some other songs from the 90s and throw in some current songs released post 2000 by bands that started in the 90's.

Comment

• Breitbart crowd is melting down over the DACA deal

Comment

• "At this point, who DOESN’T want Trump impeached?" -- Ann Coulter
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Stay on topic, DSL: who do you like better? Black Eyed Peas or Maroon 5?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Ooooh, now you're neck-deep in "The" Oracle territory.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself."
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Also, heh at land of Morphy and Ogeron. Talk about hitting opposite ends of the spectrum.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  We didn't know it at the time, but rock music died around the turn of the century. If you are talking any music rock related you are bound to sound old. On the drive time home the New Music Rock Alternative without fail will play a song by the Beasties and Rage. They will mix in some other songs from the 90s and throw in some current songs released post 2000 by bands that started in the 90's.
                  Who listens to "radio" anymore?
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Apparently I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      So, you like everything but country and classic rock like Credence? Your stuff needs to be newer? You're into things like "despacito" or something by Bruno Mars or Taylor Swift or whatever?
                      Don't know why you put classic rock when I said country. CCR is the shit. Some fucking band called emo prompted my comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Stay on topic, DSL: who do you like better? Black Eyed Peas or Maroon 5?
                        Black eyed peas pre fergie or post fergie?

Comment

• Now he's just trolling

Comment

• give me zeppelin over all
                            although ELO the song they start off backwards is kinda cool
                            saw that ramimalek mr robot is playing Freddie mercury in bohemian rhapsody

Comment

• Thread reset:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_lytx-i3I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_lytx-i3I[/ame]
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Oracle,

Well, you asked how old we are, and Creedence is older than ELO and is a favorite American band. Are there some suck bands from that era? Sure.

But you can't hold a whole era responsible for the behavior of a few, bad bands. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole classic rock genre? And if the whole classic rock genre is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our whole musical industry in general? I put it to you, Oracle - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to me, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Comment

Working...
                                X