No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ike Diogu and Rafael Araujo shouldn't count, they played College ball and sucked on the American teet for their development
    The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Yea I missed a few...

I hope this isn't Tom Gores demanding playoffs next season again, but rather the idea that the core of the team (Drummond, KCP, Jackson(?)) are getting to an age point where they can focus on winning short term.
      NBA rumors: Pistons may look to trade draft pick, according to Chad Ford
      ESPN’s draft guru tweets that Detroit among others may look to swap their draft pick for players who may be able to contribute immediately.

If it's Gores, I really don't like him. Pistons need to be smart, not force a signing of Josh Smith / crap like that.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They better be in the playoffs no matter what they do. They have a good enough coach, system and talent.

Comment

• I think in a weak eastern conference they should be able to at least get the 8th seed if not better....Once Smith was gone they played .500 ball and even better when Monroe was out.....SVG has a full offseason this year and the 8th pick in the draft...While he may not find a superstar, he should at least be able to find a good rotation player or two in FA and another in the draft....If I'm Gores, I am very disappointed if the team does not make the playoffs in 2016.

Comment

• I'm hopeful that the Pistons make the playoffs, but I'd rather have them take their time and get it right. Don't force a decision if it isn't smart... Like signing Josh Smith.
            Build for a legit shot to win a championship, not a team that just can make the playoffs... Like the Nets.
            With $14 million (Smith) counting against the cap for two more seasons... And LeBron in his prime for a couple more seasons, Pistons need to peak in 2017/2018.
            Last edited by Cody_Russell; May 21, 2015, 09:58 PM.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They don't have $14 mill over the next 2 years...they stretched it out.

Comment

• Smith only counts for $5.3 million, minus half of whatever he gets paid on his next team.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                  They don't have $14 mill over the next 2 years...they stretched it out.
                  Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                  Smith only counts for $5.3 million, minus half of whatever he gets paid on his next team.
                  Good, I'm glad that happened. I originally went off of HoppsHype.com for salary information... but you guys are right.

This was something I liked a couple of years ago that TNT did:
                  [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BofOXnyQWZk"]NBA greatest players of all time draft - YouTube[/ame]

I find it cool that Kerr and McHale are sitting right next to each other in that video... and are now coaching against each other in the Western Conference Finals! ... and lol, Charles Barkley.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• What's everyone thoughts on Draymon Green? He reminds me of Ben Wallace/Dennis Rodman with his ability to defend and has an hard work mentality. Do you think the Pistons should go after him?

Comment

• He would be a great addition but GS will match any offer.

Comment

• GSW could opt to chase Lamarcus aldridge and let Green walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          He would be a great addition but GS will match any offer.
                          A max?
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• GS will match a max offer. Only way I see them pursuing another FA and letting him walk is if they do not win the title this year. If they win I don't see them changing their core.

Comment

• Hard to imagine GS not matching any offer to Green, but the Pistons should still pursue him if they're not locked up going after someone else.
                              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I think a couple months ago when we were talking about Draymond Green to the Pistons, I brought up GS's salary cap situation.

It would be at $93 million if they gave Green a max, but like those who don't think that's an issue said... yes, GS could trade someone (if another team was willing to take that player) or pay luxury tax.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X