No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I had your optimism nhw....This team seems like it has been stuck in the mud for years now and Im not sure there is any help in sight......The only saving grace is they play in a horrible conference and cant even make the playoffs there.....It wouldnt shock me if this team is one of the 3 worst in the league next year...i really hope SVG has a solid plan in place and thats not giving the same slugs that are already here big money.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
      I wish I had your optimism nhw....This team seems like it has been stuck in the mud for years now and Im not sure there is any help in sight......The only saving grace is they play in a horrible conference and cant even make the playoffs there.....It wouldnt shock me if this team is one of the 3 worst in the league next year...i really hope SVG has a solid plan in place and thats not giving the same slugs that are already here big money.
      Ya know what? Considering the Lions and the Pistons, one thing I'll give the people of Detroit is that they try REAL hard to find the kernel of corn in the piles of shit.

Comment

• I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits.

The Pistons are on the right path with SVG. The Lions will be a source of my ass pain until the day that I die.

Comment

• I for one will have no problems at all with Monroe departing. Good riddance, dude. Every time I tune into a Piston game these days, and it's a relatively close down the stretch -- all I ever see him do is force up rushed garbage out of the post and missing free throws. He gets his numbers...they're nice numbers, but to me that's mostly what they are. Just numbers. His doubles-doubles are neato and all but none of it has translated to winning. The overall record since he has been in Detroit?

136-247.

5 seasons. No playoffs. Not even in the horrific joke of an Eastern Conference. 3 fifty plus loss seasons, and probably on their way to a 4th. All in 5 terrible, terrible seasons. Oh, and the only reason they weren't a 50 loss season in the other remaining year is because it was a strike shortened year, lmao.

Look...It's not ALL on him, obviously. But he sure as hell hasn't helped at all. Why pay this dude max frigging money? Give it to somebody else. Leave, Greg.
          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• The problem is saying give it to someone else. It's going to be a tight free agent market.

Comment

• "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                The problem is saying give it to someone else. It's going to be a tight free agent market.
                Then in my opinion they should hang onto the money then. Until someone worthy of it comes along that is. Monroe isn't worth the money he's going to command. Well maybe he is, depending on the situation. But that situation isn't in Detroit. Plus he's awful defensively.

I do think Greg could/would be a wonderful addition to a team that is a piece away -- but that's not the case in Detroit. We're talking about a guy who has been the anchor of a 50 loss team in 4 of 5 years (assuming they reach 50 L's this year, which looks like a lock), with the one non-50 loss year being a strike shortened season. It's time for a fresh start for Greg, and likewise for the Pistons.
                Last edited by Niffla; March 9, 2015, 03:30 PM.
                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• You might be hanging on to money for like 3 or 4 years. Every team is going to have gobs and gobs of money to spend. Plus a max contract right now is going to small potatoes in comparison to those deals two years from now.

He is worth the money in comparison to guys like Josh Smith, Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva, Rodney Stuckey. That's the caliber of free agent you are looking at getting. All of the criticisms are somewhat legit, but the guys that they can get in free agency will be worse than Monroe.

Comment

• The Pistons will have to rely on luck to put them in a realistic position to compete for a championship.

SVG is a great coach. Drummond has star potential. What would really lift this franchise is randomly getting a Paul George like player with the 11th-13th pick they will get. That's what the Pacers did.

Other than that, Pistons won't have a shot to win a championship. They won't attract free agents (other than Green) and won't be bad enough to get a top draft pick. NBA limbo since 2009.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They won't attract Green, Golden State isn't letting him go.

Comment

They won't attract Green, Golden State isn't letting him go.
                        I disagree. Based on GS's salary cap situation, it should be almost impossible to retain Green.

GS's roster is so stacked, they'll have to make tough decisions like OKC did (with Harden).
                        Curry and Thompson aren't going anywhere for sure. AI, Bogut, Lee, and Levingston have big salaries for next season.

Green is gone IMO.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Golden State will bite the bulletin and pay the tax for one year. Then the salary explodes. Or they dump David Lee. Unless Lewand and Mayhew are hired in GS, Green will go nowhere.

Comment

• It could take max money to keep him.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yeah and they will pay it. The luxury tax would happen for one year if they don't trade Lee. They are matching any offer, there's no doubt.

Comment

You might be hanging on to money for like 3 or 4 years. Every team is going to have gobs and gobs of money to spend. Plus a max contract right now is going to small potatoes in comparison to those deals two years from now.

He is worth the money in comparison to guys like Josh Smith, Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva, Rodney Stuckey. That's the caliber of free agent you are looking at getting. All of the criticisms are somewhat legit, but the guys that they can get in free agency will be worse than Monroe.
                                Exactly
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X