No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerebko had 3 points, 2 rebounds in today's game. That's Jonas.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• And the best player in the NBA is............

Anthony Davis.

This eve he had 39 pts (hit several mid range jumpers off the dribble) 13 boards, 8 blocks and 3 steals. Even still, Det had the chance to tie at the end and Jackson jacks up the 3. Meeks should have taken that last shot, but oh well. Really good game. It's just that Davis is a beast. Neither AD or GM could do anything in the paint. Davis either blocks or alters everything. And with his jumper, he's going to have several MVP's coming his way. Maybe even this year.

Comment

• Pistons have a good shot at finishing as "the worst NBA team" in my opinion.

The team that finishes with the 14th worst record.... Misses the playoffs, but has the worst lottery pick. Luckily OKC or New Orleans will probably finish 14th worst... so the Pistons will be in the 11-13 range.
        Still, one of the most meaningless seasons you can have.

With that said, I have high expectations long term with SVG in charge.
        Short term = bad
        Long term = hope with SVG
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
          And the best player in the NBA is............

Anthony Davis.

This eve he had 39 pts (hit several mid range jumpers off the dribble) 13 boards, 8 blocks and 3 steals. Even still, Det had the chance to tie at the end and Jackson jacks up the 3. Meeks should have taken that last shot, but oh well. Really good game. It's just that Davis is a beast. Neither AD or GM could do anything in the paint. Davis either blocks or alters everything. And with his jumper, he's going to have several MVP's coming his way. Maybe even this year.
          AD is a great player no doubt but having Monroe cover him is a guaranteed big night...just no athleticism whatsoever.

Comment

• I agree -- but it's not just vs Monroe. Davis is averaging 24 pts, 10 boards, 3 blocks and 1.5 steals. He is also shooting 54% from the field (and he does take mid range shots) and 83% from the stripe.

And he is 21 years old. He is going to be crazy good. Hall of Fame good.

Comment

• What ADavis is doing is insane
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Has he shaved that unibrow yet?
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Well I guess there is nothing left for the season other than tanking and seeing if Jackson is worth resigning.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Pretty much.. See ya Monroe!
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• This Pistons team doesnt look like it has much of a future...No decent FAs want to come here and the FAs the pistons have arent worth the money they want....Barring a miracle I dont see any improvement in this team any time soon.....

Comment

• I trust SVG and I do think he has the style of personality to recruit FA's, and convince them of his system. That said, I'm not convinced RJ is a 15 mil player. So far not even a 12 mil player. His shooting should return to a higher % from 2 and I like his ability to advance in the paint, but so far he hasn't finished all that well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                          This Pistons team doesnt look like it has much of a future...No decent FAs want to come here and the FAs the pistons have arent worth the money they want....Barring a miracle I dont see any improvement in this team any time soon.....
                          They really need to count on the Phili strategy to get great players.... top draft picks. It's Detroit... like you said, they are at a disadvantage to recruit great players based on the city/ market. Detroit is no LA, Miami, Chicago, or NY.

Picking in the 8-14 range every draft or not having a 1st round pick doesn't help.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Drummond is still amazing at such a young age. If it were not for Adavis, he'd be the premier young big in the league.

If Monroe decides not to come back they'll have a boatload of cap room to see if they can do something else (Draymond anyone?).

If Jennings comes back at something close to what he was that incredible month, the Pistons will be a top 4 team in the east easily.

If Jackson ends up working out over the next month, great, the pistons can match any offer. If not, not a big deal. Doesn't change anything.

KCP looks looks like a poor mans young Eddie Jones and that's pretty solid. He's a young talent for sure.

While this season is over really SVG still showed that this team still has lot's of avenues to return to winning ways.

Comment

• IF the Pistons hire Bill Laimbeer...

Comment

• and Martin Mildew.......
                                The only logical explanation is:
                                I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

Working...
                                X