No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two games in and already at major crossroad for Jennings.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Would be nice to see the Cavs start out 0-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kstat View Post
        He's roughly 6,500 points behind Kareem with only 1 more season to go. He isn't sniffing that record.

On the flipside, he's only 75 missed shots behind John Havlicek for the NBA's all time bricklaying record.
        Only chance he has is if he stays really healthy. He's 36 this season and 37 next. If healthy he might get 3-3500 through this contract and still be 3-3500 behind. I can see him hanging on for another year or two after that, maybe getting another 1500-2000, still a couple thousand behind Kareem.

He stated in an interview a couple years ago he would like the record, but that was before he missed an entire season.

If Lebron stays healthy he could hit 40K. He has the potential to play at the 3 or maybe even 4 during his twilight years.

Comment

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
          Would be nice to see the Cavs start out 0-2.
          Gotta love the NBA. Chicago absolutely crushes the Knicks. The Knicks then beat Cleveland in Clev. The Cavs then beat the Bulls in Chicago on a back-to-back.

Comment

Bulls I believe were up 5 with 40 some seconds to play.

That's a tough one to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
              Only chance he has is if he stays really healthy. He's 36 this season and 37 next. If healthy he might get 3-3500 through this contract and still be 3-3500 behind. I can see him hanging on for another year or two after that, maybe getting another 1500-2000, still a couple thousand behind Kareem.

He stated in an interview a couple years ago he would like the record, but that was before he missed an entire season.

If Lebron stays healthy he could hit 40K. He has the potential to play at the 3 or maybe even 4 during his twilight years.
              Kobe won't get another contract past next season. The NBA has essentially blackballed him and the Lakers will remain terrible as long as he stays there because no one really good wants to deal with him anymore. He'll play out his absurd deal and retire.

I think only two players in NBA history have ever gone over 20 years. Next year will be #20 for Kobe.

Comment

Pistons next 4 games are all at home:

Nets
                Knicks
                Bucks
                Jazz

Season outlook could turn around quickly.

Comment

As long as they're playing elite team defense and a few key players have shown major growth by the end of the season, I'll be happy. Not expecting any post season glory.
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                    Kobe won't get another contract past next season. The NBA has essentially blackballed him and the Lakers will remain terrible as long as he stays there because no one really good wants to deal with him anymore. He'll play out his absurd deal and retire.

I think only two players in NBA history have ever gone over 20 years. Next year will be #20 for Kobe.
                    If Kobe stays injury free these next 2 years, he'll keep playing. And the Lakers will pay him again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      If Kobe stays injury free these next 2 years, he'll keep playing. And the Lakers will pay him again.
                      Kstat, clueless in yet another sport?

Go figure
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        The lakers are irrelevant and Kobe will keep them irrelevant because no one good will ever agree to play there again so long as he's there. He's retiring after next season and the lakers will be happy to see him to, as will the rest of the NBA that wants nothing to do with him.

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Kstat, clueless in yet another sport?

Go figure
                            Evidently.

Comment

When Gonz agrees with you, you know you're wrong.

ESPN has dropped a feature on Kobe Bryant in the latest issue of ESPN: The Magazine, and it's a doozy. The title "Is Kobe Bryant the reason for the Los Angeles Lakers' downfall?" seems misleadingly non-committal, as author Henry Abbott clearly believes that the answer is an unequivocal "yes." The piece—which is…

Comment

Earth shattering shut right there. If he's not hurt these next couple years he's back, end of story. Cite all the espen magazine articles you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X