No announcement yet.

Family Book...Forum Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I welled up watching my only child play soccer this morning while thinking about brother COOP's family. I cannot fathom the hearthache and I am so sorry that it happened to someone I consider a friend.
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      I welled up watching my only child play soccer this morning while thinking about brother COOP's family. I cannot fathom the hearthache and I am so sorry that it happened to someone I consider a friend.

Yep, holding my kids close tonight.
      "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Such wonderful sentiments from everyone....I can think of nothing to add because this loss is overwhelming.

Comment

• Coop. Thoughts are with you and your family today. I haven't been a very good forum member, skipping threads and missing important information.

When my son died, I gave Sue everything I had to get her thru the anguish. Immerse yourself in your family. They are the reason we live the way we do.
          ------------
          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Really glad you weighed in Drew. You more that most of us know what Coop is going through. Really hope your family is coping well.

Comment

• Well said Drew.
              "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• We're coping just fine after 2 years, Bill. Thank you.
                ------------
                <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• I've said more than a few times that certain days have been the worst - Saturday was it. Having to go through funeral proceedings for Simon and having to say goodbye, the final acceptance of the unavoidable was really hard. Grief now comes and goes in waves and there is/has been since he passed on 11/5 large amounts of emptiness and loss. No parent should ever have to bury a child.

Malto - thank you for sending flowers. Thanks to all here for words of support. Despite the tragic reason for his death, the service itself was heartfelt and there was a very large turnout. In his short 9 years here, Simon touched and impacted the lives of a great many.
                  Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• "No parent should ever have to bury a child."
                    ----------------------------No they shouldn't. Thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family my friend
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I just read about 10 pages of absolute shit in this thread. Fuck.

I found out about DL today, and now this thread.

Coop, no words can express the sadness you must be feeling. I am terribly sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine the anguish I would feel if I had to bury one of my kids.

Then there is Tony, we didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but there was no hard feelings there, he just had a different view. Tough loss, he jumped in with both feet onto this forum, nearly 20K posts. He will be missed.

I am glad things are going better for your Dad Dean, spend as much time as you can with him. It means the world to him. Jobs, vacations, money, and all the other stuff that we do in our day to day lives, pale in comparison when it comes down to family.

After reading these pages today, I believe that more than ever.

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck Cancer. Heart disease too.

What a terrible month for this corner of the internet.
                      AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
                      2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
                      3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
                      4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
                      5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
                      6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
                      7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Time to elevate the spirits of this thread a bit. We spent Veterans day weekend in Berlin this year, it coincided with the 25th Anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. In celebration the city lined the patch of the wall with 8000 balloons that were released at about 7:20 pm on 9 November.

Coming out of our hotels, the worker were busy replacing the air filled balloons with helium filled balloons. Being sweet, Addison convinced one of the workers she needed a ballon. We spent all day walking the wall - we only made 15 of the 18 k, of it, but it was a wonderful day as there were 10s of thousands of people doing the same thing.

When it came time for the ballon release, Addison made sure she had her ready - when it came time she let it go to great cheers of the crowd at Check Point Charlie. She's only four, but I think she'll remember this moment.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• What a great experience and nice picture too!
                          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• The huge belloon freaked her out, she said it was too heavy.

Comment

• Ha! It is pretty big. I'm amazed she kept hold of it the entire time until she was supposed to let go. I'm not sure Tyler would have been so focused.
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Really cool Dwt.
                                1. Todd Gurley RB 2. Eddie Goldman DT 3. Tre McBride WR 5-7 OL Depth

Comment

Working...
                                X