Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just posting this..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't know why anyone should be surprised by today's FBI decision regarding Hillary. There's no way that Obama's government appointees were going to prosecute Hillary.

Things keep going like this, and the country will owe Richard Nixon an apology.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
          The best part is how she shakes her head at the end. Lol...

I am sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Apt.

I wonder how much Biden is kicking himself that he didn't run.
            Not a whole lot IMO. He's been in the ratrace for eight years already, was no spring chicken when it started, and by most accounts Beau's passing took a lot out of him. I think Joe's ready to hang up his cleats.

Comment

• Yeah, but it was there for the taking. Oh well.

Comment

• Not many people would walk away from a waltz to the Presidency. A man who knows what he wants, or rather what he doesn't want.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The British govt released an immense report on the Iraq War today. It's a massive 12 volumes and costs 800 pounds to purchase the whole thing, so few will prob read beyond the exec summary. But it's apparently very damning of Tony Blair and particularly the postwar planning by the US and Britain which sounds thoroughly incompetent.

Live coverage as ex-PM Tony Blair says he takes full responsibility for mistakes over the Iraq War after a report finds the 2003 invasion was "not a last resort".

Comment

• There was post war planning by the US?
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Yeah, but it was there for the taking. Oh well.
                      Yeah, I think he's a good man and would have made a decent POTUS. Not a great speaker, but certainly not the unending bumblefuck that W was. What I saw of his committee work wrt the Foreign Relations Com was impressive IMO...he wasn't one to go on rambling, rhetorical questions. Pointed, common-sense queries that kept things on track.

IDK if he ever had the ambition to excel at the job though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        There was post war planning by the US?
                        There was not. Truth be told, I was a little disappointed by that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          I'll take door #2. I view the term Islamophobic as falling under the category of a fail at the kind of political correctness I abhor. Frankly, at this point, no one should care about this. The West and now apparently the ME (of recent note, the Saudis) are at war with Islamic radicals. Sure, in terms of the Arabs, it's been sect on sect for Centuries. The violence between these groups holding different sets of beliefs is nothing new. What has become a wide ranging effort to involve the predominantly Christian West and peaceful Muslims IS new at least to the extent we are now experiencing it.

I'll go back to a previous post of mine where I stated one of the best ways to augment law enforcement's mission in seeking out bombers and shooters and keep them from committing crimes is citizen vigilance and reporting. One needs both hands to count the red flags that should have prompted suspicion that a crime/terrorist act was being planned in just about all of the attacks in the last decade. If someone had acted on these, well, ........

I get that there might be a fear of unfairly labeling those doing the reporting especially when authorities or the news media make a case for that (San Bernadino and Houston as you pointed out). IMO, everyone, and I mean everyone, should be way beyond that. Sensitivities be damned.

Heard a piece on NPR last week interviewing the author of an article that appeared in the June Issue of Vanity Fair, "How ISIS Became the Word's Deadliest Tech Start-Up." Among other things, the author talks about a mind-set in the US that is strong on the ethics of free speech and weak on the reality of what dangers that mindset poses. In the current state of warfare that is being conducted by ISIS with it's soldiers being recruited by using every form of social media and the internet, ISIS has changed the landscape of warfare.

He's right and there needs to be some hard thinking on this subject, some tough choices made if America is to prevail in this war.

Here's a link:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...-tech-start-up
                          Concur.

We shouldn't be losing a technological battle to 3rd world, desert-dwelling, peasants.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            I don't know why anyone should be surprised by today's FBI decision regarding Hillary. There's no way that Obama's government appointees were going to prosecute Hillary.

Things keep going like this, and the country will owe Richard Nixon an apology.

I believe Bush appointed the person who spoke yesterday. This is an issue of money and power vs laws.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Gretchen Carlson suing Roger Ailes for firing her from Fox because she wouldn't have sex with him

Comment

Working...
                                X