No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For someone who relishes mocking 'identity groups' such as BLM and treating them as if they have no legitimate grievances, or simply mocking college kids in general, you sure do get prickly and defensive when rural whites are brought up.
    I try my best to adhere to core of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech, in particular that part about content of character and not color of skin.

So, yes, I push back when you and your prog friends classify fucking everything in terms of race. As if white folks are "bad poor" and black folks are "good poor". Poor is poor, Dude. If you're going to keep using racial stereotypes and/or classifying people by race I'm going to push the fuck back.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I assume anyone who can afford to move out of the bad parts of South Chicago generally does.

Mobility for jobs is down in all parts of the country. It's harder to pack up and move, plus right now where would they be moving to?

Comment

• I have a dream too Talent...but dammit...you're still breathing...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There could be no reason at all to push back and you would still push back.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            So, if this is correct, then White Folks must be in poverty at far greater rates than other races and so forth. Either that or, you know, poverty sort of comes in all places. And perhaps those black people who insist on staying on the shitass south side of Chicago get what they deserve. Right?

No for you to affirm your Prog credentials with me, man. I know how you roll.
            Oh and inner city blacks already labor under the stereotype of being lazy and unwilling to do what it takes to find work. Conservatives have been pushing that for decades. The problem is they won't apply the same standard to the rural white voters who love to be told they're so much different: that they're the heart and soul of America. Rural America is the 'Real America'. Conservatism pushes this myth constantly (not all the politicians do to the same degree).

Comment

• I assume anyone who can afford to move out of the bad parts of South Chicago generally does.
              No kidding. That's quite the conundrum -- if you're doing well, then maybe you don't have to leave, yet you can. If you're poor, well, it's tough. I mean, except for the poor white folks. They're just idiots.

Comment

• Oh and inner city blacks already labor under the stereotype of being lazy and unwilling to do what it takes to find work. Conservatives have been pushing that for decades. The problem is they won't apply the same standard to the rural white voters who love to be told they're so much different: that they're the heart and soul of America. Rural America is the 'Real America'. Conservatism pushes this myth constantly (not all the politicians do to the same degree).
                Well, I mean if your solution is to stereotype the poor equally, I guess I can get behind that. At least that's colorblind.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  I try my best to adhere to core of MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech, in particular that part about content of character and not color of skin.

So, yes, I push back when you and your prog friends classify fucking everything in terms of race. As if white folks are "bad poor" and black folks are "good poor". Poor is poor, Dude. If you're going to keep using racial stereotypes and/or classifying people by race I'm going to push the fuck back.
                  Then I'll hold you to that standard and any time crash or geezer or Wiz posts something borderline racial or stereotypes a minority group or gays or the young, I can count on you swoop in like Batman and be the hero Mforum deserves?

Or is it only me and my 'prog friends' that require the regular comeuppance ?

Comment

• I wouldn't call myself heroic, but if you insist, sure, heroic.

And if you and the prog army haven't already descended on them with cries of RACIST!!!! to dish out their deserved comeuppance, I'm happy to oblige.

Now, back to how awful white people are.

Comment

• Wait, does that mean I have to monitor this thread all the time? And respond to Wiz? Hmmmm.

Can you just flash me the bat signal when there's need for righteous comeuppance? I try not to be a regular reader of this thread, so that would help a great deal. And I generally avoid wading into anything from Geezer that is longer than two sentences.

So, man, bat signal me, dude, and I'll save the day. NP.

Comment

• "I'm Bat-talent."

Comment

• I agree with DSL that those people are the victim of a generations-long campaign to tell them that they can have their cake and eat it too. Many people bombarded with propaganda for most their lives are going to start believing it. We genuinely do have a scenario in which plenty of very decent people also hold abhorrent beliefs. It's not because they've seen things for themselves and are working solely with factual information. It's actually precisely the opposite, because lying to people for profit is considered a legitimate commercial activity in the US.

And there's also Wiz.

Comment

• You've convinced me, Bruce. We'll make sure the signal is ready to go the next time a conservative says something mildly objectionable in this thread you totally don't pay regular attention to.

Comment

• Just realized I doxxed you...shit. Sorry, Mr. Wayne

Comment

• It's important to note that while MLK spoke of the dream of a color blind society in that speech, he makes it very clear in the speech that is only a dream and the US falls very short. More than half of that speech would be qualified as "identity politics", in fact the first half is quite searing in its criticism of the US and it's treatment of black people. King was clearly advocating for one group.

Comment

Working...
                                X