Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL:

I'm not sure neo-nazis are speaking at Cal. I mean, Milo and Coulter are scheduled to speak. I'm quite sure they'll be silenced.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You can protest the Alt-Righters. You just can't get on their level. It's like the old Scottish saying (all old wisdom is Scottish):

'Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, but the pig likes it.' (Or something close)
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Commies speak at Berkley all the time. Wait, faculty counts, right?
        Commies run every Department at Berkeley except for Mechanical Engineering. Even Bio and Computer Engineering now have the stink of Marx all over them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Commies run every Department at Berkeley except for Mechanical Engineering. Even Bio and Computer Engineering now have the stink of Marx all over them.

Though, you're being sarcastic, you're probably closer to being right than you know. The ones who who don't believe that way aren't going to admit to it, anyway.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Weird thing being spread through conservative social media in the past day or so: Obama went golfing during Hurricane Katrina and failed AMURICA. Trump showing what a REAL PREZDINT CAN DO

Being spread by lots of bots and automatic accounts...not sure on the origins for this latest spurt, although blaming Obama for Katrina goes back years...a poll in 2013 found 29% of Louisiana Republicans blamed Obama, not Bush, for the slow federal response to Katrina

Lately, it seems like every time a news story comes up, so do unsubstantiated rumors — and thanks to both Twitter bots and retweets from real Twitter accounts, those rumors can often make it further than the real news does. On Tuesday, one such…

Comment

• People are woefully gullible. Those who aren't gullible are stupid and uninformed.

There are pictures of Obama serving Thanksgiving dinner at a homeless shelter in 2014 and one from 2015. People wearing long sleeves and sweaters and an obvious Thanksgiving spread, but people believe it's Obama and family serving dinner to Harvey victims.

Comment

• Weird thing being spread through Liberal News and social media in the past day or so:

Trump went to Texas too fast.

[ame]https://youtu.be/kC_R3sI9Jhk[/ame]

Comment

• Weird thing about DSL and Wing Fan's posts.

One could actually be true (although I don't agree with it) since Trump is President and visited Texas, and the other could not, seeing as Bush not Obama was President during Katrina.

If you don't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    Weird thing about DSL and Wing Fan's posts.

One could actually be true (although I don't agree with it) since Trump is President and visited Texas, and the other could not, seeing as Bush not Obama was President during Katrina.

If you don't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.
                    EXAMPLE A: Herbert Hoover did NOTHING as the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!

EXAMPLE B: FDR's response to Pearl Harbor was too slow and LET GOOD MEN DIE!

One of these two is significantly more stupid and ignorant than the other.

Comment

• Good one though, AA. I've seen it too.

Comment

• Jesus.

BEAUMONT, Texas -- Authorities found a shivering toddler clinging to the body of her drowned mother in a rain-swollen canal in Southeast Texas after the woman tried to carry her child to safety from Harvey's floods.

CBS Beaumont affiliate KFDM-TV reports the woman was driving on an Interstate 10 service road Tuesday afternoon when she encountered high water and turned into an office park parking lot.
                        https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harvey-...o-drowned-mom/

Comment

• poor kid..
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Second-hand info....but I was reading that estimates are 80% of homes are uninsured against flooding in some of the hardest-hit parts of Houston.

Comment

• most in the 500 year flood plain thought they'd never need it

when some of those houses become totally visible again who knows what theyre going to find

Comment

• a poll in 2013 found 29% of Louisiana Republicans blamed Obama, not Bush, for the slow federal response to Katrina

And they live in the state smh

Comment

Working...
                                X