• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaddup Hoss
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      . Juts transfer the cost somewhere else beside the Fed ..... not our problem anymore.
      Cribbing from the Dubya Admin playbook.

Comment

• wizurdeth begoneth

Comment

• no
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• damn he's still here

the big picture is medicare Medicaid and social security prescription drugs and obamacare have eaten up much of the countries budget and will continue to do so at a higher and higher proportion of the budget.

I agree there are a lot more grandmas and grandpas out there but when you have 105 million employed basically supporting the other 225 million including 102 million who are working age that are jobless --that's who you go after the 102 million whom are jobless--get them jobs cut there entitlements skim off about 30 million and you'll have a whole lot more income into the pot for the uninsured

102 million people of a working age that are jobless needs to shrink whatever way we can do it

Comment

• Tourism seems up in the US based upon initial views... medical tourism is part of that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• SOAK THE RICH!!!
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                  damn he's still here

the big picture is medicare Medicaid and social security prescription drugs and obamacare have eaten up much of the countries budget and will continue to do so at a higher and higher proportion of the budget.

I agree there are a lot more grandmas and grandpas out there but when you have 105 million employed basically supporting the other 225 million including 102 million who are working age that are jobless --that's who you go after the 102 million whom are jobless--get them jobs cut there entitlements skim off about 30 million and you'll have a whole lot more income into the pot for the uninsured

102 million people of a working age that are jobless needs to shrink whatever way we can do it

Get out there grandma and work.

Comment

• I'm not even sure where crash course is getting his figures. Finding out full time employment and part time employment is very simple. Full time employment is around 125 to 126 million, Part time is around 28 milion, but that was from February and it trends up towards the summer.

Basically it is a hell of a lot more people than the 105 million people crash course claims.

Comment

• Like I said nearly two thirds on Medicaid are elderly or the disabled. Another 20 percent of the funding goes toward children, if you are for this bill, you are for dumping on the elderly, the disabled and children.
                      Froot, what ages make up "the elderly"? Medicare convers the elderly over age 65, so I presume you are taking the ages of 50-64 as elderly, like AARP does.

Comment

• I just see religious groups pushing what I think are dangerous theories and was wondering if I missed something.
                        Law school.

Comment

• I dunno, Whodean. Given Hobby Lobby, I tend to think the cake-bakers win and, IMO, rightly so. The bakers in this case are remarkably sympathetic, so it's a good set of facts. We'll see. I certainly don't think that a baker who refuses to bake a cake for a gay wedding should pay over $100,000 in damages, but that's the state of things.
                          And one of those facts is that the bakers offered to sell an in-stock wedding cake to the couple, but the couple refused, instead wanting the bakers to do art work on a new cake. This case is supposedly about "refusing service" to a gay couple, but there is a creative element involved too.

Regarding Katzenbach v. McClung, Alito and Thomas have been totally consistent. You don't stop discrimination by discriminating. They would be anti-discrimination, but they wouldn't give any class of citizens special and superior rights to all other citizens

Comment

• As I understand it, whatever they are calling the new HC bill, isn't going to have a substantial affect on commercial HC insurance short term.
                            Agreed. And the CBO says that the Senate Bill will reduce insurance rates by 30% in 10 years along with saving the government $ 327 Billion. Once again, the CBO's static scoring is the purest form of nonsense.

Regarding the 501(c)(3) discussion, is it proper to assume that if the government gives a tax deduction for donating to any such organization, that the government is subsidizing that organization? I think it is. IMO, doing away with all these types of "subsidies" would be better economics, which means it would never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                              Froot, what ages make up "the elderly"? Medicare convers the elderly over age 65, so I presume you are taking the ages of 50-64 as elderly, like AARP does.
                              Nope 65 and over. The stat mainly deals with long term nursing home coverage. Medicare doesn't cover long term care in most cases, Medicaid does. Overall Medicaid accounts for 60 percent of Nursing home residents.

Note: the nursing home stats are hard to parse between disabled and elderly as both are represented in those stats.

Comment

• The figure crash is citing is the total population of the us aged 16 and over minus those employed. It includes EVERYONE over 16, no matter how old, as "of working age" as well as high schoolers and people in college

This article explains how conservative websites are spreading this misleading figure. The article's a few year out of date but still applies.

Comment

Working...
                                X