Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMFG YOU ARE SUCH AN ASSHOLE IDIOT STOP TROLLING ME

Comment

• Srsly, I LOVE going to Tim Hortons in the Middle East. Never stops being mildly amusing. And, during the two to three weeks I spend a year visiting people back home. It's a novelty.

I will stand behind the sour-cream glazed, though. And on road trips. American interstate fare has really improved, but in the past, you can't beat the TH chili on a winter drive.

Comment

• Tim Horton's coffee is terrible.

I used to drive through from Vermont to Michigan to visit my mother. The worst part of the drive was that you couldn't get a decent cup of coffee in Canada.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The only thing good about Tim Hortons is that it's there. Simple convenience. You never have to search for it. In Hamilton, up until a few years ago, you could stand at the King and Dundurn intersection and see 4 different Tim Hortons locations. But by god the coffee is terrible and the food is worse.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't think the coffee is terrible. Far worse than Dunkin Donuts tho. And since McDonalds improved their offering, there's plenty of options better in the cheap category.

Comment

• I am convinced that Canadians wouldn't know a good cup of coffee if it bit them in the ass.

See post 16715 ;)
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Horton's is horrible.

That's twice Talent has been right. Bizarro world.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  I am convinced that Canadians wouldn't know a good cup of coffee if it bit them in the ass.

See post 16715 ;)

The Moosehead dulls their senses.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I might be a bit of a weirdo when it comes to coffee. My go-to on a regular basis is the Americano at Starbucks, though there are others I like better. I like a dark roast. I'm sick of the light-roast crap. There is far more small-batch coffee than there are talented small-batch-coffee roasters.

There is a local coffee shop here run by a pair of Ethiopian sisters. Their light roast is the only I like. Better than all the hipster versions put together.
                    Last edited by hack; February 10, 2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Oddly though, just before I moved here from Ann Arbor, I remember coming into Windsor to pick up my kid. Crossed back with a cup of Timmy's, and the immigration officer asked if I'd crossed over just for the coffee. Apparently he'd seen a number of people going over to the Cdn side for Timmy's because there are Cuban beans in the blend there, but not in the US due to the embargo. As much as I am not offended by Timmy's, I sure wouldn't pay $10 in tolls and endure CBP hospitality just for a marginally better version of it.

Comment

• I know that many people are, but I am not a fan of acidy coffee. Tim's, McDonalds and Dunkin all fall into this category. Of the three, I like McDonalds.

Burger King has a decent coffee for my taste. Richer-not as much acid

Comment

• What coffee is non-acidic? I'm not sensitive to the difference I guess.

Comment

• Some have more acid than others and the acid dominates. Some have a richer, less "bright" flavor and the acid takes a back seat. I'd imagine it has to do with the roast as much as the bean used.

Just my take on it. I'm not a coffee expert by any means.

Comment

• I love DD and McD's coffee. Both cheap, a good roast, and 100% arabica.

Comment

• DD should be doing it's own version of the Pepsi challenge. It can be awfully hard to tell the difference between it and the $15/bag roasters-du-jour.

Comment

Working...
                                X