No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need this picture touched up for my Mom's work website please - Can someone make this picture a little bit better/brighter for my Mom's profile on her company
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Congratulations to the Michigan Women's Softball team who won an unprecedented 4th consecutive Big Ten title today, by defeating the MSU Spartans in East Lansing, 8-0. Wolverine pitcher Jordan Taylor tossed a no-hitter in blanking the Spartans and ending the game in five innings due to the mercy rule.

In a twist of irony, Wolverine Head Coach Carol Hutchins will be taking part in post game festivities with other MSU Alumni, celebrating the dedication of the Spartans new softball facility. Hutchins is a 1979 graduate of Michigan State.

The Wolverines also won last night's game in Ann Arbor by a similar score of 8-0. The game ended in the bottom of the 5th inning on a 2 run homer by Dorian Shaw. Jordan Taylor pitched a one hit shutout of the Spartans in that game.

The Wolverines will find out on Sunday who they will be facing in the NCAA Regionals, which they will most likely host in Ann Arbor, beginning next weekend.

The Wolverines are ranked #2 in the country.
      Last edited by lineygoblue; May 14, 2011, 03:51 PM.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Congratulations to Coach Lloyd Carr, who has been elected to the College Football Hall Of Fame. He was elected the first time he appeared on the ballot.

Brian Griese, the quarterback on the 1997 team and now with ESPN as an analyst, made the announcement Saturday night.
        Last edited by lineygoblue; May 14, 2011, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't believe it till I hear it from Lloyd Carr himself. <grin>
          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Wow!!

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• this takes balls

Quote:
              Alabama Senate President Del Marsh said Thursday that he is blocking action on a slate of nominations to the Auburn University board of trustees, and will seek to restart the selection process later this year.

“I’m not pleased with the process that got us here, and I’m not alone,” said Marsh, a Republican from Anniston. “I think we can do better.”

Gov. Robert Bentley, one of five members on an Auburn board selection committee, announced March 31 that he was seeking nominations, with an April 8 deadline for names to be submitted.

Despite the tight window, the committee received more than 200 nominations. But Marsh said that the committee conducted no interviews and approved its recommendations just 10 days after the deadline, suggesting that it gave inadequate time to considering the nominees.

The committee recommended the approval of three new members and six from the current board, including the controversial Bobby Lowder. Lowder, former chairman of Colonial Bank, has served on the board since 1983 and is opposed by a growing number of alumni.

Bentley cast the deciding vote for Lowder, which quickly drew media scrutiny because of a $25,000 contribution to his gubernatorial campaign from Lowder’s wife.

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/05/marsh_r ... for_a.html

Comment

• Yes it does ...... this is very interesting. I had actually read somewhere that Lowder was NOT approved. He is the name associated with questionable banking activities that might have allowed Auburn players access to ATM cards and cash. Pat Dye is another. Not sure where that stands as it was an incidental finding by the Feds investigating the loan practices of a bank that defaulted in Alabama and was subsequently closed.

There is so much political crap and good ol boy network stuff going on at Auburn (most of it rumored but pretty well established as having legs) it makes the stuff about osu seem like child's play ....... that would be so far. I'm convinced there is a lot of shit going on down there involving benefit schemes for players in c-bus yet to be discovered. As buckeye fans say, "it goes on all over."
                Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 18, 2011, 01:56 PM.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• And the beat goes on in Alabama.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    Yes it does ...... this is very interesting. I had actually read somewhere that Lowder was NOT approved. He is the name associated with questionable banking activities that might have allowed Auburn players access to ATM cards and cash. Pat Dye is another. Not sure where that stands as it was an incidental finding by the Feds investigating the loan practices of a bank that defaulted in Alabama and was subsequently closed.

There is so much political crap and good ol boy network stuff going on at Auburn (most of it rumored but pretty well established as having legs) it makes the stuff about osu seem like child's play ....... that would be so far. I'm convinced there is a lot of shit going on down there involving benefit schemess for players in c-bus yet to be discovered. As buckeye fans say, "it goes on all over."
                    he was also the guy involved with Auburn when they went on probation in the 90's.

Comment

• yikes

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8"]YouTube - &#x202a;Complete History Of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

Comment

• Here's an amazing story to end your week on a high note: a 25-year-old paraplegic is now walking again, thanks to a groundbreaking procedure developed by neuroscientists at the University of Louisville, UCLA and Cal Tech. The Oregon man, Rob Summers, was paralyzed below the chest in 2006, after getting hit by a speeding car. This week, however, doctors announced that Summers can now stand up on his own and remain standing for up to four minutes. With the help of a special harness, he can even take steps on a treadmill and can move his lower extremities for the first time in years. It was all made possible by a spinal implant that emits small pulses of electricity, designed to replicate signals that the brain usually sends to coordinate movement. Prior to receiving the implant in 2009, Summers underwent two years of training on a treadmill, with a harness supporting his weight and researchers moving his legs. This week's breakthrough comes after 30 years of research, though scientists acknowledge that this brand of epidural stimulation still needs to be tested on a broader sample of subjects before any definitive conclusions can be drawn. Summers, meanwhile, seems understandably elated. "This procedure has completely changed my life," the former baseball player said. "To be able to pick up my foot and step down again was unbelievable, but beyond all of that my sense of well-being has changed." We can only imagine.

pretty amazing. I hope this works for others

Comment

• Kind of an interesting situation on TV right now.

ESPN2 is showing the Women's Softball regional at Ann Arbor (ND vs WMU) and the Big Ten Network is showing Michigan Baseball vs Penn State, also in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• Typical LC statements, "I don't want to point fingers but..."

Lloyd Carr: NCAA Needs to Step Up Enforcement

Last edited by geo weidl; May 21, 2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• For the second year in a row, the softball team is defeated by a middling SEC team on their own field, and fails to advance in the NCAA Tournament.

The team spent most of the season in the Top 5, but it became obvious rather quickly that Michigan dominated a very weak Big Ten conference, to attain their lofty status.

I like Coach Hutchins, but in spite of this year's record, this was not one of her best teams. The pitching was probably good enough to get into the Super Regionals, but their lack of hitting is what did them in.

Kentucky's pitchers were average at best. They won't get past the super regional.

Comment

Working...
                                X